House Price Crash Forum

Strikes On Wednesday

SarahBell

HOLA441

Or you could just work, like my wife (a nurse) - there are still some public sector workers with a conscience and some rational sense of perspective. Unlike a tw^t i am facebook 'friends' with who bemoans the cuts to her pension and then fooks off to Las vegas and posts pictures of her consumer purchases.

Whilst you are off having a nice day, i will be putting in some graft to help pay for the pension you will get, by they way i do not have and can little afford a pension provision.

I'll now remove the hook from mouth :)

Can I just say that you should show some sack and advise her to take a day off.

My wife is also a nurse (27 years qualified) and the profession has been jacked around by government after stupid government and it seems that their conditions always deteriorate during a Tory government.

If she had a conscience she would be taking the day off and standing up for her colleagues in her profession....

Although I suspect you are thinking about the cash...

I'll now remove the hook from MY mouth, the sand from my cl*t and I will also get my coat.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

If you're going to take a day's unpaid leave you might as well make the most of it. I'm a member of UCU but voted against the strike. I'm going to spend Wednesday writing up a consultancy report for which I'll earn around £3k after taxes, which is a somewhat better deal than the £150 or so I'd get for that day's work in the university.

and you wouldn't want to put your PS pension at risk by being seen on a picked line...OMG

HOLA443

Yes we could all just work. All the while the government are judging us, seeing how we take it, judging and munipulating public support. We could just let the government wipe the floor with us. Or we could take a stand at each stage and try and make a difference for everyone.

We struggle to pay for the elderly in the UK as it is. The Tory's dont care wether we rock up at 75 and die within 2 years because we cant afford to heat our homes.

Yes you will be working when I have a nice day off. But I wont be getting paid so surely thats fair enough? Just like when you have a day off i'll still be out there working hard for the community. If you do as you say graft, yet can't put aside for the future then you of all people must see theres something wrong in the system? I don't know what the answers are for you personaly, but I don't want to be in that position so no, I wont just go to work on Wednesday.

:blink: You really haven't got a clue, have you?

HOLA444

Yes we could all just work. All the while the government are judging us, seeing how we take it, judging and munipulating public support. We could just let the government wipe the floor with us. Or we could take a stand at each stage and try and make a difference for everyone.

We struggle to pay for the elderly in the UK as it is. The Tory's dont care wether we rock up at 75 and die within 2 years because we cant afford to heat our homes.

Yes you will be working when I have a nice day off. But I wont be getting paid so surely thats fair enough? Just like when you have a day off i'll still be out there working hard for the community. If you do as you say graft, yet can't put aside for the future then you of all people must see theres something wrong in the system? I don't know what the answers are for you personaly, but I don't want to be in that position so no, I wont just go to work on Wednesday.

If the Gov't wiping the floor with you includes a relatiely stable job with a pension of any sort I think you'll find there are lot of unemployed who'd happily take your place...and be grateful

HOLA445

:blink: You really haven't got a clue, have you?

I have to believe that you are the one who 'doesn't really get it'.

Then again, I am never going to be filthy, stinking rich like the Tories and their banker mates (and maybe you). Good that we are all in this together...

HOLA446

Is that Harold Steptoe in the middle at the back?!

The guy next to him looks like Ronnie Barker.

The one on the right with the fag is the geezer though. Look at that hair. And the snorkel jacket. Those were the days. When will the blue snorkel jacket with the orange lining make a comeback ?

Edited by Gigantic Purple Slug

HOLA447

Can I just say that you should show some sack and advise her to take a day off.

My wife is also a nurse (27 years qualified) and the profession has been jacked around by government after stupid government and it seems that their conditions always deteriorate during a Tory government.

If she had a conscience she would be taking the day off and standing up for her colleagues in her profession....

Although I suspect you are thinking about the cash...

I'll now remove the hook from MY mouth, the sand from my cl*t and I will also get my coat.

Seems to me that nurses get good pay now. A qualified nurse starts on above the national average, there is job security and an overly generous pension. They get lots of protection from the media, no one ever won votes cutting nurses pay.

They always moan about governments making their jobs difficult too, like that doesn't happen to anyone else.

I personally think that ministers should do more to represent the taxpayer, and pay nurses just enough to retain them, like they do in every private sector job. Alas, nurses are untouchable, and you criticise their pay and conditions at your peril.

HOLA448

If the Gov't wiping the floor with you includes a relatiely stable job with a pension of any sort I think you'll find there are lot of unemployed who'd happily take your place...and be grateful

Anybody can apply to work in the public sector. The jobs are advertised on the internet and everything.

HOLA449

Anybody can apply to work in the public sector. The jobs are advertised on the internet and everything.

There'd be a lot more too if people left their public sector post that is oh so bad for the so called better one with a better pension in the private sector.... oh wait there aren't any

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I could tell you a thing or two about public sector workers .... :lol: .... some of them are so ******ing lazy it is unbelievable :lol:. While some of the front line staff are are very hard workers, many of the back room staff are a bloody joke. 9AM start?! No ******ing chance! :lol: .. some of them get in at 10AM and go home early! As long as you are friends with the manager ... anything goes.

Remember, kids .. it t isn't WHAT you know ..... ;)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Oh yes there are: see the Fred the Shred Thred!

banker bashing is not only boring and out of fashion but nowhere near the fact that this country is spending more than it receives, the sad part is that teachers should have the gumption to have this figured out

Edited by robo1968

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

and you wouldn't want to put your PS pension at risk by being seen on a picked line...OMG

I wouldn't be risking my pension if I was. The strike is entirely legal (i.e. it has been called following a legally conducted ballot), and therefore no action could be taken against me for taking part in a picket, just as long as I didn't commit any criminal offence while doing so.

I am not taking part in the picket primarily because I do not support the strike, and voted against it. If I refuse to take part in the strike at all (i.e. I go in to work), that would get me expelled from the union; and as the union is about the only support mechanism available in the event of an individual dispute with my employer (which is the only reason I joined it in the first place), that's not somethjing I'm prepared to do. But there is no rule compelling union members on strike from participating in a picket, and therefore I choose not to.

HOLA4416

I wouldn't be risking my pension if I was. The strike is entirely legal (i.e. it has been called following a legally conducted ballot), and therefore no action could be taken against me for taking part in a picket, just as long as I didn't commit any criminal offence while doing so.

I am not taking part in the picket primarily because I do not support the strike, and voted against it. If I refuse to take part in the strike at all (i.e. I go in to work), that would get me expelled from the union; and as the union is about the only support mechanism available in the event of an individual dispute with my employer (which is the only reason I joined it in the first place), that's not somethjing I'm prepared to do. But there is no rule compelling union members on strike from participating in a picket, and therefore I choose not to.

Crikey, is that right?the union would expell you if you went to work?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This seems to be more of a private sector whinging thread again.

Get a job in the public sector if you really believe its so great.

Poor logic.

I wouldn't want a tedious dead end job as a burger flipper...

I would still resent being taxed to the eyeballs to pay someone else above market rate to do it and into a generous pension so they could retire before me.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Poor logic.

I wouldn't want a tedious dead end job as a burger flipper...

I would still resent being taxed to the eyeballs to pay someone else above market rate to do it and into a generous pension so they could retire before me.

I know someone who works for the DoE. She said by far the most difficult adjustment in moving from the private sector to the public sector was getting used to how little work they give you. She said it was a quarter of what she was used to.

Still since joining she's had two kids with lots of job security and no stress. Sure her kids will probably have a shit life, but hey.

HOLA4424

I know someone who works for the DoE. She said by far the most difficult adjustment in moving from the private sector to the public sector was getting used to how little work they give you. She said it was a quarter of what she was used to.

Still since joining she's had two kids with lots of job security and no stress. Sure her kids will probably have a shit life, but hey.

err why would her kids have a sh!t life, im struggling to see the connection between working in the public sector and your kids having a sh!t life really, but maybe its just me

HOLA4425

Please read what you posted and mull it over.

You're more scared of what the union can do to you, than what your employer can do.

Yet your employer (ergo the tax payer) pays your mortgage, puts food on your table and clothes on your children's backs. Yet it's OK to screw up the lives of the people who pay your wages, but not the union you pay a subscription to.

Can I ask, do you not feel your manipulated in some way?