House Price Crash Forum

Bank Of England Signals More Qe

homeless

HOLA441
HOLA442

Noticed this utter horsesh1t from the main page of the BoE's site:

The Bank sets interest rates to keep inflation low to preserve the value of your money.

All together now:

War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength

HOLA443

Just heard about this on radio 4, apparently inflation is peaking at 5.2% (no, energy companies, train operators, insurance companies and everything else, not 20%, 5.2% - Merv said so) and is therefore supposed to be going down again sometime, and the plan is to print a gargantuan amount of money in order to prevent this from happening. Well that isn't exactly the terminology used, but it's what I read between the lines of Merv's mystical words of wisdom.

HOLA444

Noticed this utter horsesh1t from the main page of the BoE's site:

The Bank sets interest rates to keep inflation low support government borrowing and preserve the nominal value of your money assets.

All together now:

War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength

Updated to reflect post 2007 strategy amendments ;)

Edited by libspero

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Jeez! Is there no end to their stupidity? I don't believe inflation will fall below the target, and if it does I don't care. If it spends a few months below 2% then all that is happening is that some of the prior inflation which should never have been allowed in the first place is being undone - which is a good thing!

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Also heard this on the BBC News. More worrying was the proposed MIG-like scheme being proposed, to (very roughly) quote the BBC, "for people with no deposit for a mortgage, because it has been identified that there is a gap between people who would like to buy a house and those with a deposit".

We definitely need to keep the bubble going :s

we'll soon have fannie and freddie.....but without the rude names.

HOLA4411

Also heard this on the BBC News. More worrying was the proposed MIG-like scheme being proposed, to (very roughly) quote the BBC, "for people with no deposit for a mortgage, because it has been identified that there is a gap between people who would like to buy a house and those with a deposit".

That'll be to the benefit of the existing owners again then. Whenever they say its for FTB's, it isn't.

HOLA4412

Jeez! Is there no end to their stupidity? I don't believe inflation will fall below the target, and if it does I don't care. If it spends a few months below 2% then all that is happening is that some of the prior inflation which should never have been allowed in the first place is being undone - which is a good thing!

You're assuming that the 2% target is legitimate... So you don't mind being robbed, as long as it's done at a moderate speed?

HOLA4413

That'll be to the benefit of the existing owners again then. Whenever they say its for FTB's, it isn't.

Yep.. all to do with supporting £4 trillion of asset "value".

What they really want to do is keep prices the same AND be seen to increase supply.. the only way you can logically do this is by increasing demand which requires either riskier loans to first time buyers (take on more sub-prime debt you F**Kers!!!) or by gifting it or saying they can take it out of other ring fenced sources like their pensions.. ( As if the majority of FTBers have had any spare cash to pay into their pensions :lol::rolleyes: )

HOLA4414

No, the prior inflation will only start being undone when the inflation rate is negative, ie deflation.

HOLA4415

The brainwashing on TV is paying off.

When inflation "falls" people actually think prices are dropping :lol:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425