House Price Crash Forum

Down On The Farm

HOLA441

Looks to me like it's another case of anyone who doesn't want a brick house in a fix location gets attacked and locked up.

It looks like paranoia, as the state tries to keep us all under it's control at any cost.

No one shall build shelter on land without the say so of the elite, as they must get their cut.

It's all very pathetic if you ask me. :rolleyes:

HOLA442
HOLA443

They should charge travellers council tax on a daily rate wherever they stay, perhaps at band G rate and impound their caravans if they dont comply. ........plus a handling charge to cover the extra costs.

Tents should be exempt.

Great idea, plenty of vehicles travelling up and down the M6, I'm sure the councils whose territory it crosses would love to levy a tax on each vehicle for the time it is there. Could easily done electronically.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I'm in two minds about Dale Farm now after seeing all those shanty town sheds in peoples back gardens in Southall. I hate to mix metaphors, I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Just a thought.

My personal opinion is if it aint got proper planning permission, it should be knocked down. Simple as. How would anyone feel if these buildings were erected in the vicinity of your back garden.

edit: spellign

Edited by bomberbrown

HOLA447

Should build underground , not above ground.

If you can sneak in a few shipping containers underground (holes dug by excavators in a day) you'd be set.

Cover them over with fake grass = impossible to spot.

Edited by Ruffneck

HOLA448

Should build underground , not above ground.

If you can sneak in a few shipping containers underground (holes dug by excavators in a day) you'd be set.

Cover them over with fake grass = impossible to spot.

I thought that you could build underground anyhow? Only building regulations to comply with but not planning.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm in two minds about Dale Farm now after seeing all those shanty town sheds in peoples back gardens in Southall. I hate to mix metaphors, I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Just a thought.

My personal opinion is if it aint got proper planning permission, it should be knocked down. Simple as. How would anyone feel if these buildings were erected in the vicinity of your back garden.

edit: spellign

IMO, legislative laws are often arbitrary and devoid of moral value. Blindly following freshly issued laws, made by liars in suits, seems rather strange to me.

I posted http://www.pixi.com/~kingdom/heritage.html on another thread (http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=170562&st=150#entry3153922) and it's interesting to ponder about the legitimacy of political laws.

Planning regulations have been with us for a blink of an eye, compared to the history of our civilisation. Personally, I think they should be scrapped completely.

EDIT: reworded.

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

They have the same thing in slough, hundreds of them...they escape because they are not a collective threat.

It's a bit like Scotland and England qualifying for the (football) world cup.

100,000 Jocks and 100,000 Engs descend on the host country.

200 of the Engs have 1 fight in 1place and they are condemned by the worlds media, arrested en-mass and put in Jail.

200 jocks have 200 fights in 200 separate places and no one bats an eye-lib. Those cheeky Jocks and their tartan and bag pipes, they're just having a bit of fun.

:lol:

HOLA4413

There are more BBC reports there now than protesters - BBC overstaffing. Bet they couldn't be evicted before the last traveller went. Heaven forbid the sorry story is not flogged to death and then some. I suppose it's easy for the "journos" to all coalesce on a long running story and make themselves at home milking it than to actually do some work and find some new "news".

HOLA4414
HOLA4415