Ftse Down 2%

rantnrave

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I haven't checked so it may be my imagination, but the FTSE seems to be currently following a pattern of dipping at the start of the month, then rising towards the end again.

Which is fine, except for my company pays into my stakeholder pension at the end of the month, so I'm effectively buying high each time and loosing out on the full averaging effect. :angry:

There's no possible way the traders know a big wodge will regularly enter the markets around the end of the month and are taking profits after it has gone in, is there?

HOLA447
HOLA448

I haven't checked so it may be my imagination, but the FTSE seems to be currently following a pattern of dipping at the start of the month, then rising towards the end again.

Which is fine, except for my company pays into my stakeholder pension at the end of the month, so I'm effectively buying high each time and loosing out on the full averaging effect. :angry:

There's no possible way the traders know a big wodge will regularly enter the markets around the end of the month and are taking profits after it has gone in, is there?

:lol:

HOLA449

Ah the beauty of pooled funds. No easier way to steal money than to get the masses into a pooled fund.

HOLA4410

No doubt exacerbated that sod all money is coming into the market apart from these sources (apart from the traders and specs who are putting money in at all).

HOLA4411

Top 5 losers

Weir Group -4.88

Barclays -4.88

3i Group -4.62

Lloyds Banking Group -4.40

BP -3.85

and from Haydock

4:45 | 9 Certerach (J P Murtagh, 7-4 fav); 11 Crystal Highness (W J Lee, 11-2 ); 2 Paddy The Celeb (S Foley, 11-2 ); 13 ran. 14 5:15 | 1 Curl Cat (S Foley, 2-1 2nd-fav); 2 Rocky's Pride (B A Curtis, 8-1 ); 7 ran.

5:45 | 8 Six Silver Lane (W J Lee, 11-2 joint-2nd-fav); 3 Be My Storm (P J Smullen, 12-1 ); 7 Kastania (J P Murtagh, 15-8 fav); 11 ran. 11 6:15 | 2 Elizabeth Coffee (S Foley, 20-1 ); 7 Summer Glow (D M Grant, 4-1 2nd-fav); 1 Night Singer (F M Berry, 7-2 fav); 15 ran.

6:50 | 5 Royal Choice (D N Russell, 11-8 fav); 1 Eyre Apparent (B J Cooper, 6-4 2nd-fav); 5 ran.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

You should get a stakeholder related to a lunar calendar not a christian calendar ;) Try converting to islam, or opening a pagan investment bank.

HOLA4415

I opt to have my finds come in as cash only. I then in my own good time switch them into funds. Generally try to wait for some bad news before i move a chunk. Im sure thers fees to that approach, but i feel in more control. So get a chunk of 10k cash then move it to where you want it. Im thinking of moving my stakeholder to a SIPP though. I think theres more trackability, and control. I was told my order execution on aegon was at least 24 hours. Kind of hard to time with those lags.

HOLA4416

This puts a bit of a downer on my FTSEs up happy clappy thread.

Yesterdays great news over then banks dragging up the FTSE appears to have died a death then?

Imho the markets overdid the fundamentals on the drop a few weeks back, and now the technicals are in charge, hence the disconnect from news.

The market seems to be largely changing its mind from long term bull to bear, but the technicals don't allow such a sharp change of mind. The market will turn downwards like a turning tanker, not like my pro Brompton u-turns.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I'm shorting if the jobs report is very bad, if it's not then mmmmmm, there again I'm not sure any more. :unsure:

I think even with lower than expected jobs data, the technical trend should still lift equities til the end of the month (ish).

But you're right. Its hard to call it. I'm in cash waiting to pounce on more high probability entries. With RSI at 50 you may as well roll a dice.

HOLA4422

The stock market(s) seem completely disconnected from the real economy.

Another by-product of interfering with the money supply in order to protect the idiots who made malinvestments.

How can the markets price effectively if the currency itself is being debased (or threatened to be debased even more)?

Pricing seems more driven by the likelihood of more QE than by actual fundamentals. Thing is, for the big boys of the financial world to get first dibs on those lovely new QE monetary units the markets will need to crash badly (again) at some stage to provide a justification for default and theft from creditors through debasement.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Fair play to you guys. Other than a real good low for a longterm 'get rid of some more fiat' I've not really got plans for the stock market.

Done a fair bit of scalping in the currency markets but am sitting out of the jobs number today <_<

Edited by MrFlibble

HOLA4425