HOLA441
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

To quell this will take some police who have actually turned up to do a job, and not to just see how long they can get away with standing around clocking up the overtime. The police will just let them get on with it, and stand in lines to contain it. Police are there for the overtime, the kids have the run of the place for the next few hours.

Lots of overtime and nothing done = you called that one right ;)

HOLA443

Tottenham house prices are already surprisingly low considering how near the centre of London it is.

The differentials between areas or even streets in London have always been similar.....there will always be people that want to live in certain areas, family, connections etc...there will always be people that buy to live there because they are prepared to put up with the negatives of the place to be in and around the place.....not forgetting many of the homes that are owned there the owners don't live there. ;)

HOLA444

Lots of overtime and nothing done = you called that one right ;)

There was tons of police there last night before it really kicked off I made a mention of it on this thread yesterday. Just what exactly were they doing (apart from clocking up double time)?

edit: thread moved ot current affairs forum, that's the end of that one.

Edited by pl1

HOLA445

Bizarrely one of the shops targetted seems to have been a Vision Express though for the life of me I can not imagine what was worth nicking apart from some designer sun glasses.

Maybe some of the rioters were just p*ssed off about the chains rip off prices for spectacles.

should have gone to specsavers!

HOLA446

Yes, the black areas are the ones to avoid in general. I think that says more about Britain than it does about black people, though.

No, it is not a Britain thing, I lived in London for 40 years and I now live in Africa - Its a black thing, pure and simple

London has a community or two for virtually every major ethnic group in the World, but one group creates more problems than all the rest put together - Operation Trident - go figure

HOLA447

Gosh.

Just tuned into the news and seen the pictures. They've burned the place down like a Soweto township!

And that I suspect is how it may be left.

Given the make up of the current cabinet I dont expect to see much action until Henley or St Georges Hill goes up in flames.

At the other end of society some people in the UK will only understand the consequences of such unrest when John From stops sending the 'cargo' for them to loot

You have to remember that both rioters and rulers in the UK live in worlds completely detached from reality

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA448

The differentials between areas or even streets in London have always been similar.....there will always be people that want to live in certain areas, family, connections etc...there will always be people that buy to live there because they are prepared to put up with the negatives of the place to be in and around the place.....not forgetting many of the homes that are owned there the owners don't live there. ;)

a lot of people will see it as an opportunity to experience the "buzz" of living in a vibrant multi-cultural area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDgln6NGPc

HOLA449

Agreed, Tottenham has turned into a btl haven. Many traditional family homes turned into poorly converted flats. It could be so much better than it is (in terms of standard of living). Still zone 3 and twenty minutes into the centre of London....

HOLA4410

No police kills are justified.

Pretty simple, really.

Unless of course you or one of your family members or friends had their life at risk - then 'it would be different no doubt?

Best to avoided I agree and Brit police are the least likely to shoot anyone, but there are times when it is justified

Maybe you don't have any friends of family?????

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

No, it is not a Britain thing, I lived in London for 40 years and I now live in Africa - Its a black thing, pure and simple

London has a community or two for virtually every major ethnic group in the World, but one group creates more problems than all the rest put together - Operation Trident - go figure

Yes, it's rich old white men.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Agreed, Tottenham has turned into a btl haven. Many traditional family homes turned into poorly converted flats. It could be so much better than it is (in terms of standard of living). Still zone 3 and twenty minutes into the centre of London....

Handy for burnt out bus routes and torched shops.

Yes I can read the EA spiel already.

HOLA4415

There is a strong correlation between density of fried chicken shops and an areas hellishness.

Halifax Price index 1st September 2011

Across the UK prices were down on average 1.2%

Prime London properties up 0.5%

Martin Ellis said "Although the trend was generally down there were a few notable exceptions, for some unexplained reason all apartments above takeaway chicken shops surged by 30%" :rolleyes:

HOLA4416

I never seen anything to contradict that, only a overwhelming amount of evidence to support it tbh.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

There are mini tensions in these types of areas mainly between the different ethnic groups....the long standing Afro Caribbean community have seen other recent migrants move to the area and compete for the available resources and work. So high immigration changes areas and some see this first hand more than others. ;)

HOLA4420

That could be said for anywhere. The basic fact is that riots in a given area affect house prices, pure and simple. If someone did want to buy a house there, they will now have a new ace card with which to negatiate a good chunk off the asking price. This on top of the pending collapse in house prices ;)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

There are mini tensions in these types of areas mainly between the different ethnic groups....the long standing Afro Caribbean community have seen other recent migrants move to the area and compete for the available resources and work.

No they don't. Not interest in actually working, benefits are easier.

HOLA4423

There are mini tensions in these types of areas mainly between the different ethnic groups....the long standing Afro Caribbean community have seen other recent migrants move to the area and compete for the available resources and work. So high immigration changes areas and some see this first hand more than others. ;)

Indeed, the inter ethnic tensions are too often missed by the MSM. It is only when they surface in events like the Handsworth riots of 2005 that they get any passing coverage. In fact speaking to my Nigerian colleague at work there is not much love lost between African immigrants and those of West Indian origin in London. The latter group contains many second or third generation who talk about being swamped by newcomers in a way that is curiously reminiscent of the BNP. Still as long as riots do not interfere with the Henley regatta I doubt whether our rulers will be much bothered.

HOLA4424

That could be said for anywhere. The basic fact is that riots in a given area affect house prices, pure and simple. If someone did want to buy a house there, they will now have a new ace card with which to negatiate a good chunk off the asking price. This on top of the pending collapse in house prices ;)

You have a point, there have been riots before remember Broadwater Farm.....this now has to be nipped at the bud, hopefully we have seen the last of it and things can get back to some sort of calm....but yes if things escalate it could well affect prices in the area and surrounding areas. ;)

HOLA4425

In fact speaking to my Nigerian colleague at work there is not much love lost between African immigrants and those of West Indian origin in London.

The most over racism I see in London is always between blacks.

A few days ago I saw a black woman screaming a (black) ticket officer on the trains that he was a N@gger **** because she did not like the fact he gave her change in pound coins rather than a note. I could give loads more examples like that.

Its why I am so keen to get out to Surrey/Kent.