House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Stop it. It's impossible to discuss gold without talking about other precious metals, oil, DJIA or currencies. If you don't understand why that's the case, then feel free to ask questions and we'll do our best to help you understand.

Yes, you should post in the Gold and other Precious Metals thread.
This thread is about gold..._

HOLA444

Stop it. It's impossible to discuss gold without talking about other precious metals, oil, DJIA or currencies. If you don't understand why that's the case, then feel free to ask questions and we'll do our best to help you understand.

The mods don't seem to agree.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Surely a logical argument wins.

If you can't accept the rules, then don't post. That is the only logic to understand. Mods win that one. You and the usual suspects seem hell bent on trashing the thread on the main forum

This thread is about gold, other precious metals have their own thread..._

HOLA447

It's you that's trashing it. Where are these rules listed?

If you can't accept the rules, then don't post. That is the only logic to understand. Mods win that one. You and the usual suspects seem hell bent on trashing the thread on the main forum
This thread is about gold, other precious metals have their own thread..._

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I see... so these rules aren't listed anywhere. In which case, I'll assume if it's highly relevant to the gold market, then it's still OK to discuss it.

The mods are the rules, nothing we can do about it, and they have ruled.

Sleep on it, and just accept that fact.

..._

HOLA4411

I don't accept that from you. If a moderator wants to disclose these rules, then we all have to abide by them, however talking about gold in isolation of any other market is myopic and stifles debate. As long as the thread isn't derailed and as long as the relevance to gold is clear, then I doubt there's a problem.

The mods are the rules, nothing we can do about it, and they have ruled.
Sleep on it, and just accept that fact.
..._

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Final warning. Either grow up and post about gold as adults or this thread will head to the Gold sub forum. The moderators have more to do with their time than sort out disruption on this thread. Any thread which takes up excess moderator time will be deleted.

Rules are rules..._

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Gold, or any asset, can absolutely be viewed on its own with regards to its outlook. Just look at the chart.

You CAN consider it in the light of others assets but you absolutely do not need to.

Gold COT is at major highs, suggesting short term mania. The bug writers are out in force...

Certainly it's had a brilliant run but until and unless it has a higher low the trend is still down. I'm long and happy.

I still see 1150 coming and 17 on GDX. If not then I'll go more long.

If yes I'll also go more long - if rallies from there..

If not then I'm sticking until we get higher lows and highs.

HOLA4422

Purely focusing on the gold market is why the goldbugs and the "gold industry experts" (cough, cough), didn't foresee a 5 year pullback.. You can't ignore the currency it's primarily traded in, nor can you ignore the dollar's nemesis the euro. Likewise ignoring the CCI, oil, DJIA and silver will give you an incomplete picture.

Gold, or any asset, can absolutely be viewed on its own with regards to its outlook. Just look at the chart.

You CAN consider it in the light of others assets but you absolutely do not need to.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Purely focusing on the gold market is why the goldbugs and the "gold industry experts" (cough, cough), didn't foresee a 5 year pullback.. You can't ignore the currency it's primarily traded in, nor can you ignore the dollar's nemesis the euro. Likewise ignoring the CCI, oil, DJIA and silver will give you an incomplete picture.

+1

Get a grip Digger... I don't want to have to trawl through 4 or 5 different threads in a sub forum for necessary info..... If you don't think a post is relevant don't read it........ It's that simple.

HOLA4425

Get a grip Digger... I don't want to have to trawl through 4 or 5 different threads in a sub forum for necessary info..... If you don't think a post is relevant don't read it........ It's that simple.

Posts that don't attempt to discuss gold are off topic and irrelevant, this is a gold thread. If the thread gets trashed by trolls and thugs, it ceases to be a thread of value.

Comply with the mods ruling, or they will send you trawling. It's that simple..._