House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
HOLA442

Read my sig below. I now have more money than I know what to do with. Charts are nonsense. If not everyone would be a winner. Those who followed the charts in 2007 lost fortunes. :lol:

Absolute rubbish and completely made up.

Exactly the opposite.

HOLA443
I look forward to learning from you the significance of the inclusion of G4S International in Annex E of the Good Delivery Rules for Gold and Silver bars document available from the LBMA. Annex E is referenced in para 4.2......

They are on the list (Annex E). Can you link to "para 4.2" please, can't find it.

Will get back to you on this.

..._

HOLA444

Absolute rubbish and completely made up.

Exactly the opposite.

Not one single expert saw it coming. I went into cash in dec 2006 and survived :lol: with profits. Any financial advisor that was any good would have made his pile and retired years ago . Any financial advisor who has to work for a living must be suspect tongue.gif

HOLA445

Not one single expert saw it coming. I went into cash in dec 2006 and survived :lol: with profits. Any financial advisor that was any good would have made his pile and retired years ago . Any financial advisor who has to work for a living must be suspect tongue.gif

There are very few financial advisers who use TA or even are aware of it. A non sequitur.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA446

I would echo that sentiment in the equity markets... I went into cash in July 2007, and, from a mile of deserted scottish beach, heard the R4 announcer tell me that the FTSE had 'plunged' over 4%... that was the beginning of that rout.

I think charts seem to work at least some of the time in gold, though.

EDIT: looking at the chart, will it be a case of the boys "bang it down overnight, then buy it back during the (higher volume, thus for cheap) day"???

This 02:00-08:30 smack has been quite a feature over the last 12 months or so.

F6D2lEx.jpg

Edited by weaker

HOLA447

I would echo that sentiment in the equity markets... I went into cash in July 2007, and, from a mile of deserted scottish beach, heard the R4 announcer tell me that the FTSE had 'plunged' over 4%... that was the beginning of that rout.

Why are people telling us they called the last crash? WTF has that to do with TA works if you understand it?

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

LOL!

It seems the two words "fiduciary duty" are strangely missing from the dictionary of the new normal's asset management community. This morning, shortly before 8:27am ET, someone decide that it was the perfect time to dump thousands of Gold futures contracts worth over half a billion dollars notional. This smashed Gold futures down over $12 instantaneously, breaking below the 200DMA and triggered the futures exchange to halt trading in the precious metal for 10-seconds.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-15/gold-futures-halted-again-latest-furious-slamdown

More paper. Not sure what the point is, but I welcome their efforts to make gold cheaper for all of us!

HOLA4411
http://www.lbma.org.uk/assets/GD_Rules3.pdfsee page seven and the third paragraph which is "4.2 Submission and testing of sample bars"

see line 33 of that paragraph for the reference to Annex E

The link shows the custody chain allowed for bars sent to the UK for testing, G4S are on it.

But they do not show up as a security carrier in para 3 in this link. Brinks Mat, Via Mat, and Malca Amit being the only three mentioned.

http://www.lbma.org.uk/vaulting

If G4S are indeed a registered security carrier now, then their track record over the Olympics could explain the need for tanks. It still sounds a very fanciful story to me

All info needed from the LBMA is still on it's changed site, but it has taken me an age to navigate the new layout. This was my first introduction to the changed layout.

..._

HOLA4412

It seems this Rickards charachter has no eye for detail.

lol?

The exact quote from 'The Death of Money' by Rickards is as follows:

"A senior manager of G4S, one of the world's leading secure logistics firms, recently revealed to a gold industry executive that he had personally transported gold into China by land through central Asian mountain passes at the head of a column of People's Liberation Army tanks and armoured transport vehicles. This gold was in the form of 400-ounce 'good delivery' bars".

Edited by Errol

HOLA4413

LOL!

It seems the two words "fiduciary duty" are strangely missing from the dictionary of the new normal's asset management community. This morning, shortly before 8:27am ET, someone decide that it was the perfect time to dump thousands of Gold futures contracts worth over half a billion dollars notional. This smashed Gold futures down over $12 instantaneously, breaking below the 200DMA and triggered the futures exchange to halt trading in the precious metal for 10-seconds.

http://www.zerohedge...urious-slamdown

More paper. Not sure what the point is, but I welcome their efforts to make gold cheaper for all of us!

Benign core CPI print probably.

Neither too hot nor too cold. Just right for dumping gold.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
........."A senior manager of G4S, one of the world's leading secure logistics firms, recently revealed to a gold industry executive that he had personally transported gold into China by land through central Asian mountain passes at the head of a column of People's Liberation Army tanks and armoured transport vehicles. This gold was in the form of 400-ounce 'good delivery' bars".

Errol, when will you learn to spot a sexed up story, without being told it is a sexed up story.

First things first, they were not 'good delivery bars', G4S is not a secure custodian, the 'bars' were outside the LBMA secure zone. But lets give Rickard the benefit of the doubt and say they were indeed, 400 oz gold bars.

Then we have to accept that an unidentified 'senior manager' revealed to an unidentified 'gold industry executive' in an unidentified period of time, in an unidentified country, that he had been led by a Peoples Army of China armoured convoy guarding gold in to China. That tells me that they were in another country to start with.

Now were does that lead us.....ah yes.....it leads us to 14 countries that the PAC had it's armoured convoy in. But we will put to one side the sovereignty of said countries, which are as follows.

North Korea, Vietnam, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Buhtan, Myanamar, Laos, Russia,

India, and Afghanistan. I could add Hong Kong, but that would be splitting hairs wouldn't it.

Lets also consider the logistics of the distance there and back, and it seems that Ryanair could have done the job simpler and quicker.

Now I am not an avid reader of the UN website news, but I can't remeber any incursions of the Peoples Army of China in to any other country. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

You've been had yet again Errol.

..._

Edited by DiggerUK

HOLA4416

Clearly sizeable falls in PMs. Could be start of something bigger. Or just a shakeout of hesitant longs - which should be expected.

Has to be seen as neutral-bearish until confirmed either way. :unsure:

As stocks rise all else falls, it seems. But if stocks are majorly topping out...

HOLA4417

Clearly sizeable falls in PMs. Could be start of something bigger. Or just a shakeout of hesitant longs - which should be expected.

Has to be seen as neutral-bearish until confirmed either way. :unsure:

As stocks rise all else falls, it seems. But if stocks are majorly topping out...

Gold is heading down to 1277 and then will pick up speed after 1277 is broken as it heads down to towards 1179 - it might bounce there but I suspect stops will be taken out and we will be in the 1050 ball park, or lower, by June. Somewhere between 950 and 1050 it will stop.

The capitulation phase will start once 1179ish is taken out and the falls will be daily until the last bull is exhausted.

Putin might save gold bulls by doing something major in Eastern Europe but, failing that, the yellow metal and its miners are now heading down.

HOLA4418

A bit of light relief ...

World's most expensive skateboard coated with pure gold and on sale for jaw-dropping £9,000

It is the world's most expensive skateboard coated in pure gold and is on sale for a staggering £9,000.

The board has been plated in pure gold and still works normally despite its precious paint job.

article-2605410-1D1F888F00000578-207_636x288.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2605410/Worlds-expensive-skateboard-coated-gold-sale-9-000.html

Edited by Errol

HOLA4419

It could be a surprise for some, if you study the details in this wide reaching World Gold Councils investigation of the Chinese gold market.

It is not for the diletantes amongst you, who would rather spend the bank holiday playing on skateboards.

http://www.gold.org/sites/default/files/China%20gold%20market%20%20progress%20and%20prospects.pdf

..._

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

On page 36 of the report, the reality of Chinese savings, as oposed to the fantasy is laid out.

"The volume and growth of private savings in China is huge; gold’s share of these is tiny. .........representing just a tiny fraction of overall private savings."

..._

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

if gold does drop significantly the obvious inverse is that the dollar gains.

Under that scenario will GBP strength continue?

The pound is grinding higher and it looks solid based on the longer-term measures from the charts.

If I lived in UK, I wouldn't bet a UK house on gold.

One year ago the pound was weak why the strength now. I don't know but it is fact.

Edited by buyerbeware

HOLA4424

China’s Lust for Gold Set to Jump 25%

April 16 (Bloomberg) –- World Gold Council Managing Director, Far East Albert Cheng discusses China’s gold market and what’s driving the country’s demand.

Cheng revealed that nearly every Chinese Bank is now selling gold over the counter directly to the public, and that over 100,000 gold dealers are now selling gold to the public in China. To put this number in perspective, the number of US retail locations for McDonalds, Subway, and Starbucks combined are only 50,000.

http://bloom.bg/1namqM9

HOLA4425

if gold does drop significantly the obvious inverse is that the dollar gains.

Under that scenario will GBP strength continue?

The pound is grinding higher and it looks solid based on the longer-term measures from the charts.

If I lived in UK, I wouldn't bet a UK house on gold.

One year ago the pound was weak why the strength now. I don't know but it is fact.

Wld appear £ strength is simply bcos of $ weakness and bcos mkts believe #Carneyge will raise rates. Don't make me laugh.

$ on multi year support right here. Breaks lower it ought to go much much lower. £, €. ¥ would then go big bits higher