House Price Crash Forum

Solution To The Crisis

HOLA441

Every public sector worker should get national minimum wage only.

From the dinner ladies to the top chief execs. The hospital cleaners to the top consultants.

OK so there'd be uproar and people wouldn't be able to afford their mortgages but it would mean there need be NO job cuts,

Pensions should be capped at what a minimum wage person can have.

-All those mortgages they'd got on their huge salaries would be doomed though - but I think we need a new banking system anyway.

HOLA442

From the dinner ladies to the top chief execs. The hospital cleaners to the top consultants.

OK so there'd be uproar and people wouldn't be able to afford their mortgages but it would mean there need be NO job cuts,

-All those mortgages they'd got on their huge salaries would be doomed though - but I think we need a new banking system anyway.

Yes that is a perfectly reasonable solution.

And after the last doctor and teacher had left the country some of the angry paperclip salesmen and IT consultants on here might actually appreciate what they do.

HOLA443

The mortgage issue is a good point. Its like in Greece, the Europeans want Greece to massively cut its national budget. However if they actually slashed large numbers of staff those people would surely default on their mortgage.. which are also owed to the same European banks worried about the sovreign debt of Greece.

There is also the spill on effects like a massive number of foreclosures coming to the market could drive house prices way down, and cause many others to walk away.

You get to the point where there is really no option but to print your way out so the debts are manageble, then restrain inflation at that point.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Well that'd suit me but I'm guessing there might be a few days of strikes if we tried to push that one through.

I'd be far more in favour of grabbing everything of any value in the UK (and I mean everything including all land and property) owned by everybody both inside and outside of the UK, and splitting it between everybody depending on how long you'd been a UK citizen. No more pensions owed and all debt wiped out. Radical I know, but no more so than your suggestion.

HOLA446

Work out what is a reasonable amount for a pensioner to live on.

Tax everything above that amount hard. Pensions are locked in, so avoidance is difficult.

IHT should be increased dramatically and get outs eliminated.

Boomers racked up the debt, boomers should pay for it. I don't see why todays pensioners should be able to rack up loads of debt, go on endless cruises and then pass on the debts to their children.

HOLA447

Boomers racked up the debt, boomers should pay for it. I don't see why todays pensioners should be able to rack up loads of debt, go on endless cruises and then pass on the debts to their children.

A Starship troopers arrangement?

I.e. citizenship is limited and sufferage is not universal..

Soldiers and all those under government service in the SST world do not get to vote while they are in service.

I see cause for a modified version. I.e. you only get to vote if you contribute. Therefore preventing a massive grey voting block which does exactly what you describe, i.e. vote for stuff and get their children to pay for it.

Not perfect and not ideal but shifts the balance of political power so that the youth and workers of today actually have a voice rather than being massively outnumbered by the client state and the grey vote.

HOLA448

I wouldn't do what I do for minimum wage as would none of my colleagues. Try harder

HOLA449

Why don't all workers on more than 25K have their hours reduced...all the top jobs could then be shared amongst the highly qualified university graduates that were led to believe there was a well paid job at the end of all their hard work.....must be a winner all round.....one high paid salary is shared between two....two heads are better than one....skills gained are quickly lost if not put into practice.

HOLA4410

You drink too much

HOLA4411

Sad thing is you probably think that this is a good idea. Pathetic really.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Alternatively, tax Bankers, Estate Agents, BTL'ers and TV Property Programme Presenters and Producers so that they are left with the minimum wage as post-tax income until they have paid off the national deficit.

Sadly there are still too many overpaid nutjobs at the councils who need their pay reducing.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

snip

takes two to make a loan.

HOLA4416

I think benefit payments and legal bills would be the countries bigest expenditure. How about;

1. Reduce housing benefit payments by 20% of an immediate basis

2. Scrap WFTC- why subsidise employers to pay low wages

3. Reduce employers NI contributions to 0%

4. Reduce income tax on any earnings under 15k to 0%

5. Remove at least one layer of administration in the NHS

6. Create a definitive list of health problems that will be encompased by the NHS

7. Withdraw from all wars immediately

8. Create a national house building programme

9. lower university places to 10% of population- fully funded

HOLA4417

Alternatively, tax Bankers, Estate Agents, BTL'ers and TV Property Programme Presenters and Producers so that they are left with the minimum wage as post-tax income until they have paid off the national deficit.

And just to add to the above in light of this mornings reports about Bankers bonuses being paid out this year - yep, £14 Billion. They wreck the ec onomy and get paid £14 Billion in bonuses. The new PM in Portugal is reported as saying that his Cabinet have found a colossal hole in the national budget of ..... 2 Billion Euros. As Mervyn King said a while ago - it is amazing how the UK public is showing so little anger towards the Bankers considering what they have done to the economy, national debt and deficit. The Private And Public sectors are both being made to pay for their mess and should be united in their anger against the Bankers rather than taking part in a Media/Government stimulated Private Vs Public Sector War that just deflects anger from the truely deserving target.

HOLA4418

Yes that is a perfectly reasonable solution.

And after the last doctor and teacher had left the country some of the angry paperclip salesmen and IT consultants on here might actually appreciate what they do.

Another sweeping generalization I see

HOLA4419

And just to add to the above in light of this mornings reports about Bankers bonuses being paid out this year - yep, £14 Billion. They wreck the ec onomy and get paid £14 Billion in bonuses. The new PM in Portugal is reported as saying that his Cabinet have found a colossal hole in the national budget of ..... 2 Billion Euros. As Mervyn King said a while ago - it is amazing how the UK public is showing so little anger towards the Bankers considering what they have done to the economy, national debt and deficit. The Private And Public sectors are both being made to pay for their mess and should be united in their anger against the Bankers rather than taking part in a Media/Government stimulated Private Vs Public Sector War that just deflects anger from the truely deserving target.

I didn't know he posted on here... :unsure:

HOLA4420

So doctors and firemen take a massive pay cut, whilst bankers continue to earn millions.

How does that improve society? :rolleyes:

What would in fact happen is that public sector workers would all quit and we would have no public services. You solve one problem and replace it with a bigger one.

HOLA4421

So doctors and firemen take a massive pay cut, whilst bankers continue to earn millions.

How does that improve society? :rolleyes:

What would in fact happen is that public sector workers would all quit and we would have no public services. You solve one problem and replace it with a bigger one.

Not if you burn the banks next. No firemen to put out the flames and no doctors to tend the burns. I think the OP may be on(to?) something :P