House Price Crash Forum

Uk May Have To Slow The Pace Of Cuts.

HOLA441
so don't speak from complete f@ckin ignorance

That's rich from someone who is blaming the banks for the problem and not the Labour government.

Fact is, as a country we are spending more than we are earning.. That's why cuts need to be made.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

You must be going around with your eyes shut. I am in the North West and trust me the cuts are beginning to bite. My poor partner (a social worker who just happens to love her job) is now working a regualr ten hour shift for 28 lousy K a year. She is stressed to fxxx because her department (which makes sure old folks are OK when they come out of hospital) has been cut to the bone and they have taken away her measly 100 quid a month car allowance. For what? You can't get away from the fact that the banker tw@ts have gotten away with it and folks like my poor partner are suffering. We all know we should have let em feckin sink...that's the real crime not the lack of cuts elsewhere in the system. The whole money creation sh!thole, the lack of a fair system of taxation, they are to blame not cuts in the NHS or anywhere else. LVT should (but never will) be implemented. I am more frustrated by the whole status quo under both parties I guess but please don't tell me that the cuts are not deep enough.

Osborne feels her pain.

And Dave. Dave especially. After all, someone has to pay for 2x yr olds on £350k basic trading rate swaps to each other else the Treasury might have to pay 1% more to the BoE on the gilts it's holding and that would never do.

On the plus side if any of her clients are bankers she can push them down the stairs with impugnity.

HOLA443

You must be going around with your eyes shut. I am in the North West and trust me the cuts are beginning to bite. My poor partner (a social worker who just happens to love her job) is now working a regualr ten hour shift for 28 lousy K a year. She is stressed to fxxx because her department (which makes sure old folks are OK when they come out of hospital) has been cut to the bone and they have taken away her measly 100 quid a month car allowance. For what? You can't get away from the fact that the banker tw@ts have gotten away with it and folks like my poor partner are suffering. We all know we should have let em feckin sink...that's the real crime not the lack of cuts elsewhere in the system. The whole money creation sh!thole, the lack of a fair system of taxation, they are to blame not cuts in the NHS or anywhere else. LVT should (but never will) be implemented. I am more frustrated by the whole status quo under both parties I guess but please don't tell me that the cuts are not deep enough.

Crikey, Tom, £28k is £4K above the national average wage. For the North West, your partner is on a bloody good salary.

HOLA444

That's rich from someone who is blaming the banks for the problem and not the Labour government.

Fact is, as a country we are spending more than we are earning.. That's why cuts need to be made.

Can you feckin read? I already agreed on the need for cuts did I not? What you don't do in any business is to make "across the board cuts". They never ever work. I argue for fundamental changes to the tax/money creation structure in addition to cuts where needed. Oh and don't give me the "Labour government" stuff when there is no difference left or right anymore. You sort out money creation and the banks have no power as they exist right now. Do some reading on that subject and then come back and argue if you like. BTW I am an ex-banker. Yea yea I know anybody can say that on a blog. Problem is that there are very few politicians of any persuasion who understand how banking actually works....seems like you don't either.

HOLA445

Crikey, Tom, £28k is £4K above the national average wage. For the North West, your partner is on a bloody good salary.

It's p!ss poor for the stress she is under, that was my point. Take off the petrol that she uses and now can't claim and it's under 24K. OK prima facie it looks like I am a little biased but I see it first hand...for me she should pack it in today, not tomorrow.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Can you feckin read? I already agreed on the need for cuts did I not? What you don't do in any business is to make "across the board cuts". They never ever work. I argue for fundamental changes to the tax/money creation structure in addition to cuts where needed. Oh and don't give me the "Labour government" stuff when there is no difference left or right anymore. You sort out money creation and the banks have no power as they exist right now. Do some reading on that subject and then come back and argue if you like. BTW I am an ex-banker. Yea yea I know anybody can say that on a blog. Problem is that there are very few politicians of any persuasion who understand how banking actually works....seems like you don't either.

I believe that your wife works hard for the money and does an essentail job.

I also believe you were a banker, however, I genuinely think you are missing the big picture.

If we wiped out all the bankers and their liabilities, we would still be in the position where the government is spending 140 Billion plus a year more than it gets in.

This is the fundamental problem.

Does it really not bother you that some landlords in London are getting 4 times what your wife is paid in housing benefit from the government to house bogus asylum seekers?

Does it really not bother you that the government is supporting 8 million people who are economically inactive when there are 4 million jobs being done by non UK workers many of whom spend a big chunk of their earnings back home.

You could shoot every banker tommorrow and it would not alter the fundamentals of the real problems that this country faces.

:blink:

HOLA449

Can you feckin read? I already agreed on the need for cuts did I not?

Not really no. All you did was rant about your wife's jobs and what the banks have done.

I can see you're very upset about something, and I'm sure we both have better things to do than descending into an argument with complete strangers on the internet, so I'll leave you to it.

Edited by exiges

HOLA4410

I think the MPC/ BOE are expecting these cuts to drag on output otherwise they'll have to raise interest rates!

edit Main Comprehensive spending review cuts only started in April 2011

Cuts pre that were mostly to the hairbrain / plate spinning/ developed on the back of a fag packet old Labour policies

Edited by Ash4781

HOLA4411

I'm not having a go at you personally nor your partner but at £28k she's doing far better than the average wage and very very much better than the median. If I may ask does she travel in the course of her work or is she based at a site (for the £100 that has been withdrawn). Yes the bankers have gotten away with it thus far (see the next bunch of lunatic politicians along with the last, I notice Cable who used to speak sense but then went quite insane telling us we should be happy to lose value in our savings :angry: ) . The cuts are NOT deep enough, when you are living beyond your means, be it an individual or nation, at some point you have to chose to cut your spending or have your spending cut for you at some point in the future. I don't know about you but I'd gar rather deep deep cuts now that we can control than a run on sterling.

HOLA4412

Private sector here, did 500 miles for work as an apprentice earning the same as I did in 2009. Asked for £50 'goodwill' to cover petrol, got told to take a long walk off a short pier.

HOLA4413

Didn't THIS government INCREASE foreign aid by 37%?

Now I personally don't have a problem with helping out poor impoverished nations (I am a lefty after all). However, who honestly believes that much of this money actually filters down to the people who REALLY need it?!!!

I suspect its just used as a pay off for these despots to keep their masses in check. After all, if the "Arab spring" hit countries like Pakistan it would be a real headache for the west!!!

HOLA4414

Now I personally don't have a problem with helping out poor impoverished nations (I am a lefty after all). However, who honestly believes that much of this money actually filters down to the people who REALLY need it?!!!

I suspect its just used as a pay off for these despots to keep their masses in check. After all, if the "Arab spring" hit countries like Pakistan it would be a real headache for the west!!!

There is hope for you yet! :)

HOLA4415

Try 'effectively subsidising the import of Chinese made armaments for their defence program' ;)

Linky

Put in perspective though, relatively small change compared to our total planned expenditure of £681bn this year..

HOLA4416

Couldn't agree more the whole post above.

The bit which I put in bold makes my blood boil (am I a righty after all :lol: ) I would have no problem if we provided solid infrastructure for impoverished nations, education and training on how to maintain infrastructure. I wonder how much of this money ends up in the Swiss bank accounts of the select few? :angry:

HOLA4417

W hat complete BS. She does 50 hours in a job that is life and death in a lot of cases...she can be in court in a heartbeat if she gets anything wrong so don't speak from complete f@ckin ignorance by just looking at the salary. I am all for cutting waste but my original point was in response to idiots who think that our problems are currently related to a need to cut and cut again our public services (true in some cases) whilst ignoring the fundamental cause.

+1

I suspect exiges would not be happy earning 28k for a fifty hour week.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Speak to some business owners. Many of them are putting in more than 50hrs a week for less than £28k a year in these tough times.

I've earned less than that for more hours than that, and was happy doing so. It certainly beat being on the dole.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Speak to some business owners. Many of them are putting in more than 50hrs a week for less than £28k a year in these tough times.

I've earned less than that for more hours than that, and was happy doing so. It certainly beat being on the dole.

+ many

I know a few business owners who pay their staff a lot more than they get. Plus they have no wage security.

If the woman on 28K doesn't like the job.... leave!

everything's relative, if the job is that bad then leave and do something else, if there isn't anything else then quit whining as her expectations are clearly too high.

HOLA4422

+ many

I know a few business owners who pay their staff a lot more than they get. Plus they have no wage security.

If the woman on 28K doesn't like the job.... leave!

everything's relative, if the job is that bad then leave and do something else, if there isn't anything else then quit whining as her expectations are clearly too high.

£28k is quite good money, but the job sounds like it is very stressful... it is not always easy to just leave a job that is making you ill and unhappy, people have many responsibilities and financial commitments, a drop in income can put pressure on other members of the family unit.....if things don't improve, leaving could well be the best course of action or requesting a different role or shorter hours....best for the worker and for the people they work with and for. ;)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

So your partner is in the top 25% of incomes. And why should a social worker earn that much??? This country makes me sick!!!

HOLA4425

+1

I earn 24k for an average of 50hrs per week and I'm not doing too badly. Own my own house and I'm not starving. I'd love another 4k a year!!!!

People need to stop moaning and realise how lucky they are.