House Price Crash Forum

House I Looked At 2 Years Ago For 245K Asking Price

HOLA441

...317K ...

The house has the same hideous posters on the walls and looks virtually identical to it when I viewed it 2 years ago. At the time the couple selling were divorcing.

The kitchen has been changed from a horrendous black and white job to a more mellow beech one but, otherwise, the house is the same house.

So enthused by this asking price that another house a couple of doors away has come on for almost an identical asking price this year.

HOLA442
HOLA443

...317K ...

The house has the same hideous posters on the walls and looks virtually identical to it when I viewed it 2 years ago. At the time the couple selling were divorcing.

The kitchen has been changed from a horrendous black and white job to a more mellow beech one but, otherwise, the house is the same house.

So enthused by this asking price that another house a couple of doors away has come on for almost an identical asking price this year.

Phone the agent and ask them to justify the increase.

HOLA444
HOLA445

...317K ...

You can't compare Wales with the rest of England! You have the hottest market in the world right now with hardly any supply, high wages, and lots of businesses hiring. South Wales is the new "Riviera" and everyone wants to get on the ladder there due to the rising prices you are seeing.

As for the rest of us, especially in the South East, prices are dropping like stones and hundreds of houses are coming onto the market every day.

I bet if you told us your post code we would go onto RM and find hardly any new listings at all. BTW, was is your post code? <_<

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA446
HOLA447

I bet if you told us your post code we would go onto RM and find hardly any new listings at all. BTW, was is your post code? <_<

I am not doing this again. When I gave you my postcode last week you had me buying a house in Llandudno - 180 miles away!

Whatever you do in life RB, don't become a relator!

:lol:

HOLA448

I am not doing this again. When I gave you my postcode last week you had me buying a house in Llandudno - 180 miles away!

Whatever you do in life RB, don't become a relator!

:lol:

The PC you gave us was the first bit--covers a huge area.

To do a meaningful search you need to let us know the full code. Then check out Zoopla and Hometrack--RM will show how many njew lisings in the recent days.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The PC you gave us was the first bit--covers a huge area.

To do a meaningful search you need to let us know the full code. Then check out Zoopla and Hometrack--RM will show how many njew lisings in the recent days.

SA2 and SA3 does not cover Llandudno. I am going to start having nightmares about you. :blink:

HOLA4412

SA2 and SA3 does not cover Llandudno. I am going to start having nightmares about you. :blink:

It sure doesn't. But we can't look up the data for your area unless you reveal your post code.

Once we have the code we can see EXACTLY what is going on in terms of supply, trends, rises in asking prices ete etc.

A general code like SA2 covers an area too vast to come up with meaningful data.

HOLA4413

At the time the couple selling were divorcing.

It could be that the 1/2 of the couple left in the house wants to drag out the sale for as long as possible so they get to remain in a nice big house for longer before they move to the smaller place they'll end up buying with their share of the proceeds of the sale.

They could also be trying to increase the size of their share.

HOLA4414

It could be that the 1/2 of the couple left in the house wants to drag out the sale for as long as possible so they get to remain in a nice big house for longer before they move to the smaller place they'll end up buying with their share of the proceeds of the sale.

They could also be trying to increase the size of their share.

Surely they can't be still divorcing 2 years later on?

Edit:

Actually, the wife at the time, when I visited 2 years ago, foolishly told me that they were trying to get as much asp ossible so they could eat buy a house. They had paid abut 155K for it about 5 years earlier.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Surely they can't be still divorcing 2 years later on?

Edit:

Actually, the wife at the time, when I visited 2 years ago, foolishly told me that they were trying to get as much asp ossible so they could eat buy a house. They had paid abut 155K for it about 5 years earlier.

It's amazing what these greedy deluded vendors will tell you. I went to view a three bed detached house with Mrs Slumpmonkey in a village outside Coventry in Autumn 2009. It was on for £240,000 - (turns out from nethouseprices that they purchased the property in 2007 at the peak of the market for £200,000!) I asked the vendor if he had anywhere to go to and he said that he was "dying." As you can imagine that was a bit of a conversation stopper and we made our excuses and left.

If you go onto Rightmove it is still up for £240,000 18 months later! Either the vendor got better or he was a lying little psychopath and was attempting using emotional blackmail to try to get a sale for a ludicrous price. (Common sense would tell you that he would have been prepared to get any price for the house so he could enjoy his "last days.")

HOLA4419

...317K ...

Phone round your local mortgage brokers and find out which one is giving out the liar loans. Then shop them to the FSA.

Someone on here was ridiculing a 2 bed bungalow in Colwyn Bay for £435k. Then I read this article and that's all it takes to stuff an area up.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has banned five mortgage intermediaries and fined one of them £104,000. This brings the total number of mortgage intermediaries banned since December 2006 to 101.

Most of the individuals have been banned because they are not fit and proper to work in regulated financial services through failings that led to mortgage fraud.

Mark Thorogood trading as Property Park Mortgages, Colwyn Bay, North Wales and Darren Button formerly of Property Park Mortgages, Colwyn Bay, North Wales

Thorogood, the owner of Property Park Mortgages, has been fined £104,294 and banned from working in regulated financial services.

The FSA found that Thorogood had knowingly submitted fraudulent mortgage applications for himself and his wife, inflating his income from £22,950 to £120,000 and her income from £8,832 to £95,000.

In addition, Thorogood submitted two mortgage applications containing fraudulent information on behalf of a family member. In the first application he stated the family member’s income was £85,000 and in the second he stated that it was £130,000; the actual income was £17,610.90.

Thorogood also failed to have a documented system for supervising the activities of advisors at the firm. Some of the files reviewed by the FSA showed record keeping failures and a lack of evidence to support the income stated on the mortgage applications.

The FSA has also prohibited Darren Button, a former advisor at the firm, for deliberately entering false income and employment information in mortgage applications which he then submitted to lenders.

Button also attempted to conceal a customer’s true income on a payslip with correction fluid because he knew the lender would reject the application if they saw the genuine income.

Button was also aware of other fraudulent applications but took no action to prevent this as he thought ''it didn’t seem to be a huge problem''.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2011/012.shtml

HOLA4420

Phone round your local mortgage brokers and find out which one is giving out the liar loans. Then shop them to the FSA.

Someone on here was ridiculing a 2 bed bungalow in Colwyn Bay for £435k. Then I read this article and that's all it takes to stuff an area up.

so, all you get for fraud these days is a fine and have to work for the wife, the new FSA licencee.

where are the cuffs, the CRO and the six months "careful in the shower" stay at her majesty's pleasure?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

so, all you get for fraud these days is a fine and have to work for the wife, the new FSA licencee.

where are the cuffs, the CRO and the six months "careful in the shower" stay at her majesty's pleasure?

+1

Mortgage Fraud is an indictable offence which can result in a long prison sentence. I take it the FSA forwarded their findings onto the Crown Prosecution Service. :rolleyes:

HOLA4423

It's amazing what these greedy deluded vendors will tell you. I went to view a three bed detached house with Mrs Slumpmonkey in a village outside Coventry in Autumn 2009. It was on for £240,000 - (turns out from nethouseprices that they purchased the property in 2007 at the peak of the market for £200,000!) I asked the vendor if he had anywhere to go to and he said that he was "dying." As you can imagine that was a bit of a conversation stopper and we made our excuses and left.

If you go onto Rightmove it is still up for £240,000 18 months later! Either the vendor got better or he was a lying little psychopath and was attempting using emotional blackmail to try to get a sale for a ludicrous price. (Common sense would tell you that he would have been prepared to get any price for the house so he could enjoy his "last days.")

Not good on so many levels.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425