House Price Crash Forum

Why We'll Never Have The Protests Of Libya And Co

Pauly_Boy

HOLA441

I'm just watching the news about how most of the middle east is rebelling and I thought when will it happen here? A lot of the protestors are young and educated but can't get jobs, whilst here we have 20% youth unemployment and massive student fees, massive debt etc so the youth could be equally annoyed?

But then I thought it won't happen here! I'm 29 and I can see how the youth are being stitched up, but ive almost had enough of defending them! Having talked to a lot of them recently I realised they mostly have their eyes shut and they're mostly arrogant pillocks.

I'd split the youth into 3 typical groups...

- the lost, these are the typical teenage mums and bums who aren't bothered about getting a job

- the non uni people, these tend to all be in various classes of work, a mix of ppl ranging from the thicko's to clever ones who didn't choose uni, most of them have jobs and even though they feel poor they're busy working hard to better themselves or just enjoying life.

- the degrees, these have qualified and think that because they have a degree it makes them better than everyone else. Typically left wing in stance, they think they should be given a well paid job and because they themselves are in debt, they can't see any problems with the country being almost bankrupt!

The lost don't give a rats **** about anything, just and long as they get their benefits, the non uni ppl feel that even though they don't have much, it's better than nothing and the degrees can't see any problems with the country apart from the typical 'tory scum' view point that will have been drilled into them at uni!

Either way, it's typically the non uni ppl that seem the most clued up, they might not be book smart but they've lived in the real world the longest and are contributing to society.

What do u think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

...while there's a chance to appear on X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly etc etc ...people are happy....we also have freedom in this country and you can hold demonstrations without being shot and vote the Government in or out at elections (if you can be bothered)....

HOLA443

I think you might have the question round the wrong way.

It's now why it won't happen here, but why is it happening there?

The answer I suspect, will answer your original question.

HOLA444

I'm just watching the news about how most of the middle east is rebelling and I thought when will it happen here? A lot of the protestors are young and educated but can't get jobs, whilst here we have 20% youth unemployment and massive student fees, massive debt etc so the youth could be equally annoyed?

But then I thought it won't happen here! I'm 29 and I can see how the youth are being stitched up, but ive almost had enough of defending them! Having talked to a lot of them recently I realised they mostly have their eyes shut and they're mostly arrogant pillocks.

- the lost, these are the typical teenage mums and bums who aren't bothered about getting a job

- the non uni people, these tend to all be in various classes of work, a mix of ppl ranging from the thicko's to clever ones who didn't choose uni, most of them have jobs and even though they feel poor they're busy working hard to better themselves or just enjoying life.

- the degrees, these have qualified and think that because they have a degree it makes them better than everyone else. Typically left wing in stance, they think they should be given a well paid job and because they themselves are in debt, they can't see any problems with the country being almost bankrupt!

The lost don't give a rats **** about anything, just and long as they get their benefits, the non uni ppl feel that even though they don't have much, it's better than nothing and the degrees can't see any problems with the country apart from the typical 'tory scum' view point that will have been drilled into them at uni!

Either way, it's typically the non uni ppl that seem the most clued up, they might not be book smart but they've lived in the real world the longest and are contributing to society.

What do u think?

Speaking as a "clever non uni" person, I have a sister who gained a degree at watching the ceiling dry and is very unhappy that anyone non uni(poly) is pulling in more than she is. She was also surprised that non uni people can tie their own shoe laces.

HOLA445

What do u think?

Not sure I recognise the uni/non uni split as you see it. Most of the uni people I know are not lefties, do not think they're better than anyone else or that a living is owed to them etc and are well aware of the absurdities of modern financing. However, most of them have useful degrees in numerate subjects, which makes a big difference. Thankfully my uni was not (and still is not) a member of the NUS, (despite repeated attempts to foist it upon it) which spared us most of the worst examples of the sanctimonious student politico-aspirant ballsack, of which most unis do a ripping line.

As to the question ( :P ) I wonder when similar sorts of protests will be seen closer to home as a result of the EU's un(anti-?)democratic ways. Clearly we're well off the state of the countries currently in turmoil, thank goodness, but there (hopefully) is a limit to people's willingness to be fleeced at every turn by unelected people who do not care a jot for their best interests, fiscally or politically.

HOLA446

Speaking as a "clever non uni" person, I have a sister who gained a degree at watching the ceiling dry and is very unhappy that anyone non uni(poly) is pulling in more than she is. She was also surprised that non uni people can tie their own shoe laces.

...that seems to be the way ...a superior attitude and a divine right....but many are not practical and underestimate the rest of society.... :rolleyes:

HOLA447

Not sure I recognise the uni/non uni split as you see it. Most of the uni people I know are not lefties, do not think they're better than anyone else or that a living is owed to them etc and are well aware of the absurdities of modern financing. However, most of them have useful degrees in numerate subjects, which makes a big difference. Thankfully my uni was not (and still is not) a member of the NUS, (despite repeated attempts to foist it upon it) which spared us most of the worst examples of the sanctimonious student politico-aspirant ballsack, of which most unis do a ripping line.

As to the question ( :P ) I wonder when similar sorts of protests will be seen closer to home as a result of the EU's un(anti-?)democratic ways. Clearly we're well off the state of the countries currently in turmoil, thank goodness, but there (hopefully) is a limit to people's willingness to be fleeced at every turn by unelected people who do not care a jot for their best interests, fiscally or politically.

...simples.. :) ....just ensure you vote for a party which does not desire further Euro integration and is looking to pull away from their weird undemocratic ways ....and continue to fight for true democracy in this country if you feel it is the right way as we have a bit to go.... :rolleyes:

HOLA448

What do u think?

A few stereotypes there right out of the grumpy man's book of what is wrong with Britain.

I have a degree, and get paid a shit-load for doing a feck all job (the degree has no bearing on the job I got whatsoever). It aint about how much somebody 'contributes' and hasn't been for a very long time, but more about how lucky you are and what opportunites you get. What I would say about university is that it teaches someone research/reading skills, which are essential tools for gaining a handle of how things such as the economy operate and/or other world's in which you have no direct experience or contact. If you have the attention span of a goat, or perhaps just enough to concentrate on the sex problem pages of the Sun during your tea break on the building site, then you are going to have real problems thumbing through Marc Faber's latest work. On the otherhand, it takes a bit of street-wisdom or an inherent understanding of human/social nature to know how to discriminate both the b0ll0x and the complicated b0llox, from what rings true. As we see so often, there are so many 'experts' out there who dribble complexfied tosh at us through the various media forms and it is so easy to have your notions on a matter corrupted when confronted by a more 'complex' approach, which encompasses a more detailed understanding, on the said matter (if the complex approach is indeed just complicated B0lloX). Therefore it is important to have both an academic ability to consume and process information, and a sharp understanding of human nature and of how things work. Without the former, you can only guess at the intended effects of what is happening in the world but with out the latter, you will most likely fall prey to the mounds of complexified dis-information out there. There is a saying that my father is very keen on using; "Bull§hit baffles Brains!" I think that sums up what I am trying to get at when talking about "complexified tosh".

The real reasons why the British have become so pathetically apathetic are not due to a glut of 'thicko' tradesmen or due to a glut of superiority complex degree holders, but due to a deliberate dismantling of community ties, a promotion of self-serving individualism, and unsurpassed inflow and consumption of goods and materials. We are all just selfish b'stards too busy sorting ourselves out to be arsed with political activism and even if we weren't, all the activist groups are infiltrated by MI5 anyways and some of them they even set up (EDL for one example). So with that said, it is a good thing that most wouldn't want to get into protesting or activism cos all ther other sheeple would point and call us 'beardy weirdys', as the Great British unwashed were routinely trained to do so during the 80's by the murdoch dominated right wing press.

People will only really start to be motivated to take affirmative action when everyones bellies are empty, by which time of course it will be far too late.

We are a nation of selfish apathetic pricks, but it's not all our fault as the powers that be have moulded us in that way quite intentionally I believe.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

The demonstrations in the ME are rooted in the problem that the populations have doubled in the last 30 years, this has lead to widespread unemployment and pushed up the cost of living.

They are not demanding reforms from their governments, that's the line the expat bloggers sell here. They are demanding hand-outs.

The irony is that the root of our problems is connected with this population explosion as almost unlimited cheap labour abroad has eroded the advantages of technology in the west and waves of migrants absorb unskilled jobs.

Welcome to the future.

HOLA4411

The demonstrations in the ME are rooted in the problem that the populations have doubled in the last 30 years, this has lead to widespread unemployment and pushed up the cost of living.

They are not demanding reforms from their governments, that's the line the expat bloggers sell here. They are demanding hand-outs.

The irony is that the root of our problems is connected with this population explosion as almost unlimited cheap labour abroad has eroded the advantages of technology in the west and waves of migrants absorb unskilled jobs.

Welcome to the future.

Our problems aren't caused by population, they are caused by privilege; people systematically taking other people's work

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

A few stereotypes there right out of the grumpy man's book of what is wrong with Britain.

I have a degree, and get paid a shit-load for doing a feck all job (the degree has no bearing on the job I got whatsoever). It aint about how much somebody 'contributes' and hasn't been for a very long time, but more about how lucky you are and what opportunites you get. What I would say about university is that it teaches someone research/reading skills, which are essential tools for gaining a handle of how things such as the economy operate and/or other world's in which you have no direct experience or contact. If you have the attention span of a goat, or perhaps just enough to concentrate on the sex problem pages of the Sun during your tea break on the building site, then you are going to have real problems thumbing through Marc Faber's latest work. On the otherhand, it takes a bit of street-wisdom or an inherent understanding of human/social nature to know how to discriminate both the b0ll0x and the complicated b0llox, from what rings true. As we see so often, there are so many 'experts' out there who dribble complexfied tosh at us through the various media forms and it is so easy to have your notions on a matter corrupted when confronted by a more 'complex' approach, which encompasses a more detailed understanding, on the said matter (if the complex approach is indeed just complicated B0lloX). Therefore it is important to have both an academic ability to consume and process information, and a sharp understanding of human nature and of how things work. Without the former, you can only guess at the intended effects of what is happening in the world but with out the latter, you will most likely fall prey to the mounds of complexified dis-information out there. There is a saying that my father is very keen on using; "Bull§hit baffles Brains!" I think that sums up what I am trying to get at when talking about "complexified tosh".

The real reasons why the British have become so pathetically apathetic are not due to a glut of 'thicko' tradesmen or due to a glut of superiority complex degree holders, but due to a deliberate dismantling of community ties, a promotion of self-serving individualism, and unsurpassed inflow and consumption of goods and materials. We are all just selfish b'stards too busy sorting ourselves out to be arsed with political activism and even if we weren't, all the activist groups are infiltrated by MI5 anyways and some of them they even set up (EDL for one example). So with that said, it is a good thing that most wouldn't want to get into protesting or activism cos all ther other sheeple would point and call us 'beardy weirdys', as the Great British unwashed were routinely trained to do so during the 80's by the murdoch dominated right wing press.

People will only really start to be motivated to take affirmative action when everyones bellies are empty, by which time of course it will be far too late.

We are a nation of selfish apathetic pricks, but it's not all our fault as the powers that be have moulded us in that way quite intentionally I believe.

My degree is in applied physics, I'd love to be able to 'apply' it. I once held a proper engineering R&D jobs. Loved it. Moved out of London to escape the high house prices.

Now work in a generic public sector job.

What a strange country we live in!

Love your post... Top quality. It's pretty close to reality :)

HOLA4415

...simples.. :) ....just ensure you vote for a party which does not desire further Euro integration and is looking to pull away from their weird undemocratic ways ....and continue to fight for true democracy in this country if you feel it is the right way as we have a bit to go.... :rolleyes:

+1 The protesters are fighting for the right to vote while we have given away so much of our democracy.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Are they protesting for our type of democracy?

Over here you get to choose, less than 20 times in your life which bunch of self serving inadequates get to ru(i)n your country, keeping you poor, whilst feathering their own nests

You are promised a say in how things are run (eu referendum) and lied to, so you don't get a say.

or

You are given a say, make your choice (Ireland EU YES/NO vote) and are told to choose again until you provide the answer the rulers want.

I'd sooner a single, wise, pacifist dictator than democracy as it is today.

HOLA4418

Over here you get to choose, less than 20 times in your life which bunch of self serving inadequates get to ru(i)n your country, keeping you poor, whilst feathering their own nests

You are promised a say in how things are run (eu referendum) and lied to, so you don't get a say.

or

You are given a say, make your choice (Ireland EU YES/NO vote) and are told to choose again until you provide the answer the rulers want.

Being run by a strong monarchy would have its benefits I guess, taking a long term view instead of short term popularity. If only we had one.

HOLA4419

or

hopefully they will be looking to what Islam says about it - particularly not.giving power to someone who asks for it - and electing a leader by meritocracy rather than which ever egotistical average man puts himself forward and is considered to have the best tv personality.

HOLA4420

I think another point is that you have to feel that you are able to change it. Don't forget many of these leaders in North Africa and the Middle East have been in power for decades. Suddenly the people in Tunisia felt things could go no further and managed to change things which led to such a belief spreading like wildfire to the rest of the region - and despite many deaths they continue to believe in sufficient numbers that they do have the power to change things .

actually it is spreading, China and Russia so far seeing stirring. The interesting one with be the USA who's people have been horribly repressed by a brutal police state for many years now, their leaders serve only the wealthiest corporations, they take their citizens to be killed fighting unjust and illegal wars all over the world. Look what people without guns can do and then remember why Americans insist on keeping their guns, maybe they will remember soon themselves.

HOLA4421

actually it is spreading, China and Russia so far seeing stirring. The interesting one with be the USA who's people have been horribly repressed by a brutal police state for many years now, their leaders serve only the wealthiest corporations, they take their citizens to be killed fighting unjust and illegal wars all over the world. Look what people without guns can do and then remember why Americans insist on keeping their guns, maybe they will remember soon themselves.

you are Alex Jones and I salute you...and claim my £5...

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

actually it is spreading, China and Russia so far seeing stirring.

China have been blocking all outside news of this where they can. The world is a bit smaller than they imagine though.

Unless they have lockdown on flights and calls then the news will arrive.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived