House Price Crash Forum

Britain Is Facing Fines From Brussels Of Up To £1 Billion

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

So we have been fined £166 per man woman and child. If you have a family of 4 thats £664. Don't worry we'll just put it on the tab. Thank you Gordon.

You beat me too it, like you say, who gives a f4ck, stick it on the tab, if the creditors ever think they're actually going to get paid then they're stupid (unfortunately the creditors include most people's pension funds).

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

..stick it on the tab...

:lol:

They're just soaking up debt like a sponge.

The eu's got to fund the sovereign bailouts somehow and when they saw the UK offering extra bailout money to the Irish on top of the eu bailout money and when the Irish were already counterfeiting their own money the eu must have thought "more money than sense, we can tap them for a few £billion as well".

Edited by billybong

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

1bn / about 35mm (estimated working population of total 62mm) = £28.50 each

I think the working population is around 28-29 million, from the unemployment stats released today, so the ballpark is around 35 quid per working person.

But your figure is much better than the other ones. :D

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Seems like the only beasts that benefit are politicians so I don't think there will be any withholding of fines :) they will either negotiate a reduced fine and make it out as some great triumph for the people or they will spread the payments with massive interest. It could be worse, we could've had gordon brown negotiating for a much bigger fine.

Leaving the EU would be like every politician shooting itself in the foot, its never going to happen whilst a politician is in charge.

Wouldn't it be great if wiki leaks got its hands on 10 years of eu expenses, no doubt they've all been shredded by now but we can dream.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

What fines have been imposed on say Italy or France or any of the other nations where corruption is rife with bridges that don't get built or crops that don't get sown?

Have they paid or is it just the muggins Brits that cough up?

did not hitler say in mein kampf that if he could not undertake an invasion militarily,his weapon of choice would be financial?

seems like there is another hitler lurking in the european undergrowth....and the french,dutch and irish DO know about it.Why else do you think they voted NO to the lisbon treaty,and were bullied into giving the "right" answer.

Personally,I think now might be a good time for france,UK and ireland to say goodbye to the EU in it's present guise,with strict stipulation that any further cooperation will be on a purely sovereign basis.

either that or just bolster up NATO as an alliance,that way we could get the yanks,canadians and aussies on board...with stragglers being demoted(or finding alternative(fascist/totalitarian) alliances that they are better suited to)

I do not have a problem with a NATO-ZONE....OR a pan-nato currency,as long as politically decisions are made by concensus,with the right of opt-out if any policy really rankles too much....that'll curb the full federalists.

the problem with present EU is trying to federalise too much,too quick.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Leaving the EU would be like every politician shooting itself in the foot, its never going to happen whilst a politician is in charge.

Wouldn't it be great if wiki leaks got its hands on 10 years of eu expenses, no doubt they've all been shredded by now but we can dream.

that would be fun.

Berlesque-oni certainly isn't short of a few bob/ vitriolic private scandals-fabricated or otherwise.....plus he's one of tony blair's best mates!

2 for the price of one!!.......maybe michael barrymore has a few tips for them(hehehe!!)

HOLA4423

As a matter of interest, what happens if our great leader says "feck off, we're not paying"?

Quite interesting, I'd imagine if it was persistant we'd be kicked out the 'family circle' as known as the Euro or a european invasion of the UK, (no, perhaps not ha ha) but we are being invaded internally by our government (talk about betrayal.)

I for one would like to be kicked out the Euro but rest assured it will never happen, the fleshey stick had already been forced in the ar5e :o , they may as well go for the whole hog and do a happy explosion :huh: .

Is there any way for Joe Public to stop UK tax payers money reaching Brussels? (I don't mean illegally :ph34r: )

HOLA4424

The EU has never had its accounts signed off by an auditor.

Dutch Auditor Turns EU Whistle-blower

The Netherlands member of the Court of Auditors, Maarten Engwirda, told a newspaper today that the European Court of Auditors had been sabotaged systematically for years.The auditors' role is to sign off the accounts of the EU, something which they have refused to do for the last 16 years, largely because of irregularities.Mr Engwirda said that, as a rule, criticism of fiddling with European money has been swept under the carpet and claims that several of his colleagues, among them members from France and Italy, were guilty of sabotage and intimidation, often in order to protect national interests.

Where are all those Europhiles who think the EU is a gift from God. :rolleyes:

HOLA4425