House Price Crash Forum

Property Bee

HOLA441

Hi All,

I am hoping one of the HPC Cognoscenti can help.

When I use Property Bee (say via Right Move), I only seem to see history related to the times I have performed a search, so for example: A house goes on sale on the 1st of October, I do my search on the 10th, the Property Bee added date is 10th October.

Surely there is a global database available to Property Bee for price / description changes. Am I missing some subtle setting?

Thanks,

Dung

HOLA442

Hi All,

I am hoping one of the HPC Cognoscenti can help.

When I use Property Bee (say via Right Move), I only seem to see history related to the times I have performed a search, so for example: A house goes on sale on the 1st of October, I do my search on the 10th, the Property Bee added date is 10th October.

Surely there is a global database available to Property Bee for price / description changes. Am I missing some subtle setting?

Thanks,

Dung

Yes, it means no one else is looking in your area using PB.

You are the one generating the PB database for your area and hence you will have to do a search daily in order to build up the PB database in your area.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Why doesn't the Bee have a web crawler to do this? It should be a piece of p1ss to do a complete search on rightmove for each major postcode.

Legal issues?

It's against rightmoves policy to have an automatic searching program to pick up changes but PB gets round this by only updating when the pages are viewed by users.

HOLA447

Check that you are working 'in a bee' I think you have to have this option selected to see other peoples discoveries...

It is because you are not in a bee. You have to sign up and then you will see the global data.

Yes.

The option is in one of the drop down menues in the toll bar across the top of the window.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Why is it that when you click on the little person icon, with the speech bubble, within the Property Bee information it comes up saying "found by n/a". It used to say give you the info of the original finder but now all I get is n/a on all the properties I look at.

The "found by user" was slowing things down and could have been seen as a privacy issue, so was removed.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Interestingly, I just did my usual search and was shocked to see 84 properties - looks like one EA is uploading all of their houses in my local search area.

Problem is, whilst the info on the address, EA, etc, is still there the histories of price changes have completely disappeared on each house. I am not sure whether this will re-appear later on today or whether by re-uploading they have managed to eradicate all the price history?

I have seen this before on a small scale when the have done this with one or two houses and then, several hours later, the price change history repears after they have dropped the asking price. But I can't believe they are about to drop the price on 80-plus houses?

HOLA4419

jsut seena big rental LL in Leicester change the price of 20+student hosues when I did a 24 hour.jsut taking a couple of quid off but still...

Interesting - the price is missing from Property Bee on each of the EA listings that I mentioned above. The RM text is there with the price in bold but PB is missing the price in all 80-odd houses. I am wondering, and getting excited, that perhaps they are going to drop all the asking prices. Surely not.

This EA btw is the one that I consider realistic about the market.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

that woudl eb amazing but doutb it would happen,thisLA is acting probably for one big owner.woudl be ahrd to do it for 80+properties,sorry to dissappoint :(

Looks like they have just relisted the stock in one of their offices - never seen them do this before - but it has wiped out all the historic data of when they came on, original asking price, etc, etc.

It is no big thing as, frankly, I know what the market is worth IMPO, etc, etc. It looks as if everything is new today.

HOLA4422

Looks like they have just relisted the stock in one of their offices - never seen them do this before - but it has wiped out all the historic data of when they came on, original asking price, etc, etc.

It is no big thing as, frankly, I know what the market is worth IMPO, etc, etc. It looks as if everything is new today.

Lets be honest, their staff have probably plenty of time on their hands.........

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Probably worth doing if you are an EA without many other pressing engagements; gets your properties into the 'find properties listed in the last...' category- which is all I ever use as I run a search every day to keep down the leg mousework.

HOLA4425