House Price Crash Forum

Thursday 21St October 2010 - Black Thursday

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

We're due a stock market crash, I'm calling the 21st of this Month.

I'm detecting ominous vibes which will culminate in a crash on this day.

You mean it'll be the day when the markets finally work out that Mr Osbourne is so far out of his depth that the fish have funny lights on their heads?

HOLA446
HOLA447

I think everyone who makes a "Black X" call should put 100 quid into a special "Black X Account". When someone finally calls it correctly, they should receive the pot.

Alternatively the sanction for making an incorrect "Black X" call could be a six month ban.

HOLA448

This is a very disappointing thread - no colourful charts with loads of zig zag lines, no mention of head and shoulder no mention of blimps, German leaders nor waves.

... and no armchair economists using phrases like "sideways movement in the Baltic Dry Index showing further decorrelation with M3 supply in the BRIC block which is clearly which is clearly going to drive up the LIBOR rate" and looking down on anyone who dares ask them to speak in plain English.

Agreed, very boring :(

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Right now the outlook is rosy as indicated by frenzied stock purchases:

FTSE All Share 2913.90 41.30 +1.44%

Dow Jones 10883.30 132.03 +1.23%

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Russell Grant and the IMF seem to use similar sources for their prognostications:

WASHINGTON (
Reuters
) - The International Monetary Fund said on Tuesday that sovereign debt risk in Europe and continued real estate woes in the United States have dealt a setback to global financial stability in the past six months.
The IMF said risks to the financial sector could be reduced if legacy problem assets were cleaned up, if governments improved their fiscal positions and if more clarity were provided on global financial regulation.
"The global financial system is still in a period of significant uncertainty and remains the Achilles' heel of the economic recovery, the IMF said in its semi-annual Global Financial Stability Report.
"The recent turmoil in sovereign debt markets in Europe highlighted increased vulnerabilities of bank and sovereign balance sheets arising from the crisis," the fund added.

The SMs took this as a contrarian indicator and are rising at epic rates today.

FTSE All Share 2915.68 43.08 +1.50%

Dow Jones 10882.43 131.16 +1.22%

HOLA4413

Isn't a rise more likely once the uncertainty hanging over the spending review is removed?

So far the one big policy announcement we have had (Child Benefit) has gone down like a lead balloon, under Jovian gravity, in a vacuum. This does not bode well for the spending review.

HOLA4414

So far the one big policy announcement we have had (Child Benefit) has gone down like a lead balloon, under Jovian gravity, in a vacuum. This does not bode well for the spending review.

It is a great start indeed. The stupid sheeple will no doubt interpret the coalitions efforts to sort out the legacy of Labour as follows:

- "Things seemed better under Labour. Labour good, coalition bad."

Labour will be back in power in 4 years time and the money spigot can be turned back onto full blast, YEAH!!!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Very prophetic of you. I'm referencing about 30 different souces of infomation (graphs and so forth) that suggest you're not a million miles away.

How did you do it? Are you channeling the spirit of Milton Friedman?

HOLA4417