House Price Crash Forum

Metals Looking Ugly Today ( Tuesday )

HOLA441

also how is it when anyone else starts a thread on precious metals it's gets moved pretty sharpish, but when king shoulda coulda woulda starts ones it stagnates in the main forum for days.

A good question.

The sorry truth is that RB has compromising pictures of the last "all mod" shindig. I won't bore you with the sordid details, suffice to say that peanut butter, Baby Doll nighties and copious amounts of alcohol were involved.

Since that time, he's been the secret power behind the forum (who do you think really got the epic "Gold" thread moved?)

(Oh RB, the cheques in the post, OK mate?)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

A good question.

The sorry truth is that RB has compromising pictures of the last "all mod" shindig. I won't bore you with the sordid details, suffice to say that peanut butter, Baby Doll nighties and copious amounts of alcohol were involved.

i thought as much, i hope you kept your cyberman outfit on at all times!

HOLA443
HOLA444

i thought as much, i hope you kept your cyberman outfit on at all times!

As an all-over prophylactic, it can't be beat.

Although I do have to suffer crude comments about the size of my chest unit.

HOLA445

Hmm. I don't know if I can buy any of this arguement.

When the big boys bet on gold, I would tend to follow.

Billionaire Kaplan Bets Most of His Wealth on Gold

"I've reached a point where I feel the only asset I have confidence in is gold," Kaplan says.

Reflecting his conviction that global economic instability could bring rising demand for gold, Kaplan has gone further than perhaps any other major investor, betting the majority of his wealth on gold and other precious metals.

"You've got a perfect storm with no apparent solution," he told The Wall Street Journal.

"If the world does well, gold will be fine. If the world doesn't do well, gold will also do fine … but a lot of other things could collapse."

I wonder, RB, what is with your one man revolution and single mindedness against gold?

Are you right and the likes of Jim Rogers, or Kaplan wrong?

HOLA446

Hmm. I don't know if I can buy any of this arguement.

When the big boys bet on gold, I would tend to follow.

Billionaire Kaplan Bets Most of His Wealth on Gold

I wonder, RB, what is with your one man revolution and single mindedness against gold?

Are you right and the likes of Jim Rogers, or Kaplan wrong?

That is interesting. I imagine most Billionaires don't take fine as acceptable.

Not sure what that is telling us though.

HOLA447

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/platinum-and-palladium-extend-slide-on-euro-as-equities-fall-reuters_molt-ca8a2b6c3129.html?x=0

Platinum and palladium extend slide on euro as equities fall
Jan "Janis" Harvey, 16:30, Tuesday 25 May 2010
LONDON (Reuters) - Platinum and palladium fell in Europe on Tuesday, resuming last week's slide, as investors took fright at a further drop in the euro and equity markets, and industrial end-users held out for lower prices..../
The world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, New York's SPDR Gold Trust, said its holdings rose more than 16 tonnes to a record 1,236.889 tonnes as of May 24

1,2 million tonnes eh. Must have been a lot of mining going on very recently. Quite a lot. :ph34r:

Reflecting most of all the reality of the second leg to the monster recession/depression.

Have metals all peaked? IMO, yes they have. Metals are the last speculative bubble still in tact apart from UK house prices.

On industrial metals I agree. Get shorting metals like copper right away as they will fall substantially between now and Xmas. But the silver gold equation is sooooooooo different. There are clear signs of detachment from the direction of the stockmarket, which if correct signals a big upswing on the back of fear as the market crumbles.

HOLA448

On industrial metals I agree. Get shorting metals like copper right away as they will fall substantially between now and Xmas. But the silver gold equation is sooooooooo different. There are clear signs of detachment from the direction of the stockmarket, which if correct signals a big upswing on the back of fear as the market crumbles.

I agree

Gold now back above $1200 an ounce.

Negative post from RB on gold - is a clear sign of a buy on the dip

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Gold looked pretty strong to me today. Not sure which chart RB is looking at.

The commodities market is breaking down, the differential between gold and other commodities (including popular but also industrially significant rare® metals) is growing by the day.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The commodities market is breaking down, the differential between gold and other commodities (including popular but also industrially significant rare® metals) is growing by the day.

Probably because gold isn't a commodity.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Have metals all peaked? IMO, yes they have. Metals are the last speculative bubble still in tact apart from UK house prices.

So you think there is no derivatives bubble?

Anyway gold has risen 30 dollars in the last 3 days back above 1200/ounce , put that in your pipe and smoke it.

HOLA4418

Aside from that somewhat suspect definition of fiat, what do you think will happen to the price of physical gold when people find out that it's scarcer than people thought?

Apropos of absolutely nothing, a couple of days before the musical chairs squeeze, I had been contemplating buying VW shares. I'd never contemplated buying them before, and never have since. It was something about how they were behaving against the rest of the market. Funny how one has these intuitions, but discounts them as irrational at the time.

The thing that has most impreseed me about gold recently is that it has so far held the 1187 level. It is now being viewed as money, and if a paper gold source comes up short at some stage in the future, there will be an almighty scramble.

HOLA4419

Gold now back above $1200 an ounce.

Negative post from RB on gold - is a clear sign of a buy on the dip

Up to $1212 now, up $55 on the month so far and rising against all major currencies.

RB, over to you.....

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Up to $1212 now, up $55 on the month so far and rising against all major currencies.

RB, over to you.....

If you are feeling lucky this is a buying opportunity.

With confidence running high today in the SMs and the catastrophes regarding the Euro, sovereign debt and banking crises, and war in Korea now a thing of the past we may see a buying spree for gold as a safe haven. Hang on................. :blink:

HOLA4423

The man on the street is not yet buying gold.

When people are dumping their BTL's to get gold, then we will know its time to get out.

The man on the street must have bought several million tons of "gold" via ETFs in the past few months. My fear is that when they decide to panic, realising they are in a Ponzi trap. the whole market will be thinking "sell" whether ETFs, actual physical (as opposed to what may have been sold as rights to physical) etc.

HOLA4424

If you are feeling lucky this is a buying opportunity.

With confidence running high today in the SMs and the catastrophes regarding the Euro, sovereign debt and banking crises, and war in Korea now a thing of the past we may see a buying spree for gold as a safe haven. Hang on................. :blink:

My goodness Gordon must have been busy today.

HOLA4425

The man on the street must have bought several million tons of "gold" via ETFs in the past few months. My fear is that when they decide to panic, realising they are in a Ponzi trap. the whole market will be thinking "sell" whether ETFs, actual physical (as opposed to what may have been sold as rights to physical) etc.

ETF's will be toilet paper and physical will attach the rocket boosters

ETF's are oversold in relation to the true quantity of gold

this has acted as a brake on the physical price imo