House Price Crash Forum

Welsh Rugby Players Get Food Poisoning

cashinmattress

HOLA441

Welsh Rugby Players In Pickle After Gherkin Incident

A group of Welsh engineering students found themselves in the hospital last month after an initiation ritual gone awry.

gair rhydd, Cardiff University's student newspaper, reports today that members of the college's engineering department apparently caught food poisoning recently after eating gherkins that had previously been inserted into players' anuses. It was part of a hazing ritual for the department's rugby team.

Players had created a Facebook event for the initiation (of course), which explained that the endurance tests were designed to test "Strength of Stamina, " "Strength of Character," and "Strength of Stomach." The page linked to photos showing initiations from years past; activities caught on camera included flashing and ana1 egg insertions. There was also something with toilet paper, where one end was placed between a player's butt cheeks and the other end was set on fire.

The college's athletic union says that the engineering department's rugby team isn't officially recognized by the university. No word on whether or not there's going to be any disciplinary action.

Dudes! What's wrong with the old engineering initiations of the greased pole, or putting the deans car on the school roof?????

WTF with eating pickles out each others asses???? I know sportsmen share camaraderie etc, but that's way too much!

Any rugby players here wish to enlighten?

HOLA442
HOLA443

Dudes! What's wrong with the old engineering initiations of the greased pole, or putting the deans car on the school roof?????

WTF with eating pickles out each others asses???? I know sportsmen share camaraderie etc, but that's way too much!

Hockey teams only marginally better. Never saw anything quite so revolting, but close.

However you can just say no, or you could in the teams I played for. Being older and larger than most team-mates helped.

Lots of closet gays in mens sports teams IMO.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I'm thinking this should have been tacked onto the "are most men a tad bi-sexual" thread.

Was just about to suggest the same.

I have long held the view that there a lot of the anger, violence and macho strutting of the steroid muscle junkies in Wales is due to frustrated and hidden bi-sexual and gay feelings.

HOLA447
HOLA448

sticky biscuit, i know what that is + i think i am about to bring up my mid morning hobnobs :(

note to self, dont read forum when eating

They do like playing with each others bodily fluids...I've heard of other "games" whereby one shouts a keyword in a pub or a club & apparently they all have to strip naked and dance or something or other...there must be some pent up homosexual energy there..

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest AuntJess

Jesus thats disgusting. Lets hope food poisoning is all they got and not hepatitis. wacko.gif

I agree. I am having a hard time dealing with the rational of giving d*cks like this hospital treatment - free...whilst anyone with dementia - a disease that descends on people at random with no provocation or 'invitation' - has to pay for care.

Guess it is just all part of topsy-turvy Britain.dry.gif

HOLA4411

That would of made an amusing investigation in my Local authority EHO days. We used to investigate food poisoning outbreaks and had quite extensive forms to try and establish a common link.

Usually it was bbq, buffet lunch, pasteurised liquid egg, or raw shell egg meringue top.

Eating gherkins pulled from a team mates ass would of been a new one.

Doesn't surprise me though - Rugby players. When I was at Uni I heard one of their party games was to see how many 2p pieces could be tucked under their forskins - I think 16 was the winner... :blink:

Glad I decided to retire from rugby at the end of 6th form

HOLA4412

That would of made an amusing investigation in my Local authority EHO days. We used to investigate food poisoning outbreaks and had quite extensive forms to try and establish a common link.

Usually it was bbq, buffet lunch, pasteurised liquid egg, or raw shell egg meringue top.

Eating gherkins pulled from a team mates ass would of been a new one.

Doesn't surprise me though - Rugby players. When I was at Uni I heard one of their party games was to see how many 2p pieces could be tucked under their forskins - I think 16 was the winner... :blink:

Glad I decided to retire from rugby at the end of 6th form

:lol::lol::lol: Sunderland Poly?

HOLA4413

Maybe this is the true meaning of Annus Horriblis

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

what the hell is wrong with turning up and playing some rugby and going home. I guess that's not an option they allow.

It harks back to hunter gatherer days when a man had to prove himself worthy of being in the group, plus its a bonding ritual, before going on a hunt/war. After you eat a gherkin out of a mans ass you aquire a certain respect for that individual. Its all in that documentry: Jackass.

HOLA4418

what the hell is wrong with turning up and playing some rugby and going home. I guess that's not an option they allow.

They allow it if you're good (relative to the level the team is playing at).

My Dad was like that for Rugby.

They called him "The Vicar"(he didn't swear either).

I was like that for hockey.

They didn't call me anything to my face because I was older, bigger and stronger than most, and a tad aggressive on the pitch, but I can imagine they had names for me!

I showed the captain a film of a French rugby club where the after-match meal was a fantastic spread in the clubhouse with great food/wine and wives/girlfriends all present, rowdyish but civilised. No-one was interested, they preferred to pull gherkins out of each others a4ses or similar.

Isn't Britain great?

HOLA4419

I showed the captain a film of a French rugby club where the after-match meal was a fantastic spread in the clubhouse with great food/wine and wives/girlfriends all present, rowdyish but civilised. No-one was interested, they preferred to pull gherkins out of each others a4ses or similar.

Isn't Britain great?

doesn't seem to take well to civilising influence for some reason. Not sure if it's pride in not learning from others or simply the fear that civilised behaviour would be boring.

HOLA4420
Guest absolutezero

He must have been a big lad....

Sounds about right for Salford though. I went there and the Coefficient of Deviancy was through the roof!

HOLA4421

I agree. I am having a hard time dealing with the rational of giving d*cks like this hospital treatment - free...whilst anyone with dementia - a disease that descends on people at random with no provocation or 'invitation' - has to pay for care.

Food poisoning is for Christmas. Dementia is for life.

HOLA4422
Guest AuntJess

Food poisoning is for Christmas. Dementia is for life.

Hmm. what about lung cancer treatment for chain smokers..hepatitis treatment for alcoholics - to say nowt about liver transplants?huh.gif And free drugs for drug addicts. Can't have the poor buggers out of pocket buying their stash, can we?rolleyes.gif

It seems to me that if you f*ck your health up, treatment in free. Get summat ghastly thru' random selection..you PAY!dry.gif

Contrary to what so many think, dementia is not the automatic outcome of old age. My Aunt lived to be 99 and was a bluddy sight more 'with it' than my husband was at 70.sad.gif Plus she could walk - he is in a wheelchair.

HOLA4423

Hmm. what about lung cancer treatment for chain smokers..hepatitis treatment for alcoholics - to say nowt about liver transplants?huh.gif And free drugs for drug addicts. Can't have the poor buggers out of pocket buying their stash, can we?rolleyes.gif

It seems to me that if you f*ck your health up, treatment in free. Get summat ghastly thru' random selection..you PAY!dry.gif

Contrary to what so many think, dementia is not the automatic outcome of old age. My Aunt lived to be 99 and was a bluddy sight more 'with it' than my husband was at 70.sad.gif Plus she could walk - he is in a wheelchair.

No dispute really. Just saying that treatment of foolish youngsters with acute conditions doesn't compare with that of weary oldsters with chronic conditions.

Archived