House Price Crash Forum

Jupiter Raises Fears About Weimar Republic Wheelbarrow Money

HOLA441

Thats the truth of it.

However the point of their forecasts is to generate an expectation of 2% inflation. Which is why they always predict more or less 2% inflation with some gesture towards uncertainty/reality.

Yes, because inflation is all about psychology, not the mount of money there is.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The BoE forecasting is always totally meaningless anyway - farcical. How all encompassing can their fan projections become??? :lol::lol: They might as well randomly colour in every projection they ever produce with multicoloured crayons and then announce 'anything is possible mateys' :lol::lol::lol:

The BoE exists simply to print money. The big stone building, marble floors, fancy graphs and unfathomable speeches only serve to disguise this fact.

HOLA443

The Citywire article I linked to last night (in post #14) with the Stewart Cowley Weimar quote appears to have been pulled.

Izabella Kaminska highlighted the same Weimar quote in an Ft Alphaville piece this morning, and she included a link in to another Citywire article where the quote had been repeated, but this seems to have gone too.

The quote is still there in this Citywire piece about today's inflation numbers. We'll see if it survives the day. :)

HOLA444

centrifuged silks ;)

edited - clue: 3 words. :D

???? :blink:

You lost me there, I'm afraid.

Care to clarify, while you keep embarassing yourself - instead of admitting you got it wrong?

Well ??? are you going to explain your witty joke?

Or have you decided to shut up and stop making a fool of yourself at last?

:rolleyes:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Double got it this time!

Anagram Server

Sterling is ******ed

Jeez, he is REALLY mental :o

Hey, GOM - did you hear what I said? It appears you are still in denial...

The truth is there for all to see - and there is nothing you can do about it.

You were wrong

wrong

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

No amount of delusional ramblings on your part is going to change that :D

Loud enough for you this time?

:D:D:D:D:D

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Thats the point. Having not produced money like us , i assume most other countries wont have inflation like us. Will we be alone in this . Surely a chunk of foreign assets will retain value while all here is crashing.

Quite so. When this all kicked off, Brown went running round Europe trying to get everyone to adopt, er, stimulus measures. And he keeps saying the same: if we stop the stimulus measures now, the recovery will be lost.

Sadly, by "we", he doesn't mean Europe. He actually just means us. But he pretends it's a Europe wide issue.

HOLA4414

I suppose there's a silver lining - Having hankered after Weimar's economic policies, the guys in charge may suddenly get a theng about German culture and London may start to rival Berlin for coolness! Here's hoping :lol:

On the Citywire stories being pulled, I'll never forget Vince Cable telling me that he listened to Crosby's comments on the need not to regulate bank lending, etc., before meltdown kicked in. Crosby invited Vince to dinner to warn him off (in oh such a nice way) rocking the boat. Crosby argued that it was unpatriotic not to support the city and bank lending - and he did succeed in quietening Vince down for a bit if I remember rightly.

Editors can be got at in a similar way.

The powers that be pull rank when a story like this undermines official policy.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4415

I suppose there's a silver lining - Having hankered after Weimar's economic policies, the powers that may suddenly get a general theng about German culture and London may start to rival Berlin for coolness! Here's hoping :lol:

On the Citywire stories being pulled, I'll never forget Vince Cable telling me that he listened to Crosby's comments on the need not to regulate bank lending, etc., before meltdown kicked in. The powers that be pull rank when a story like this undermines official policy. Crosby argued that it was unpatriotic not to support the city and bank lending - and he did succeed quietening Vince down for a bit if I remember rightly.

Editors can be got at in a similar way.

;)

silver.gif

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Perhaps the 2020s will be a repeat of the 1970s with rampant money inflation and an oil shock.

The next oil price shock could be within 2 or 3 years maybe even next year. Notice that earlier this year oil crept up in price even during widespread global recession.

This is why I expect the economic recovery which seems to be occuring in several countries will be temporary as energy prices will hit again causing recession.

HOLA4418

The next oil price shock could be within 2 or 3 years maybe even next year. Notice that earlier this year oil crept up in price even during widespread global recession.

This is why I expect the economic recovery which seems to be occuring in several countries will be temporary as energy prices will hit again causing recession.

Sounds like good news for businesses and countries less dependent on oil than us ...

HOLA4419

Agreed and devaluing our currency will not help fuel prices either.

IMO, as soon as oil prices start going north, the idea of a global economy (as we know it) will become an outdated model. Once it is no longer cheap to ship goods, sourced from cheap labour, half way around the world, things will change permanently. It could be argued that it will bring the jobs home will be a good thing, but many luxuries we take for granted will become a fond memory over time.

Maybe we will manage to adjust our energy usage downwards. Maybe we will waste less. Maybe it will just get a lot harder. However, maybe it will cease the endless pursuit of growth and the waste. Maybe it will even sign a return of people looking out for one another. I just hope it doesn't end in war... :unsure:

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I think the US model of driving 140 miles for a burger might need looking at.....

Yup, I think Buffet may have the right idea on the train front in this respect. US suburban life may get a whole lot less attractive though! :unsure:

P.S. You have a typo in your sig - sortscar.

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4424