House Price Crash Forum

Gold Warning: 56% Traders Expect A Fall

HOLA441
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Hey....I can't get my head around what gold does or can do for you, excuse me for my ignorance, at least you can live in a house, pounds can buy you a brilliant lifetime experiences such as traveling, living and learning...it is wise to protect your future but better to live for today...when will you sell your gold? and what would you do with the proceeds taking that you can/able to? ;)

HOLA443

care to elaborate on your views, some timescales and price predictions would be nice

no thanks on the timing.

gold is a political hedge, not inflaton hedge. political risk is subsiding. as an inflation hedge it is overprice even were serious inflation to occur. Which it wont.

however if it looks like the tories have won the GE and not changed their policies, I'll be back in gold before GO has a chance to utter a word as chancellor.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Im planning to buy a single sovereign. Any advice?

buy a modern coin

not an old Victorian one

as you can see the buy/sell prices have quite a difference

Great Britain Name: Gold Content: Buy Price: Netto Price: Brutto Price (incl. VAT): spacer.gif <a href="http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=58" target="_self" onmouseover="javascript: document.images.category_image10.src = 'thumbnails/036.jpg';">1 Sov. Victoria 7.32 Gramm £150.00 £169.48 £169.48 1 Sov. Edward VII 7.32 Gramm £151.42 £162.33 £162.33 1 Sov. Elisabeth 7.32 Gramm £150.68 £159.24 £159.24 1 Sov. Georg V 7.32 Gramm £151.42 £162.33 £162.33

HOLA448
HOLA449

im pretty sure gold would have crashed like everything other asset class other than cash due to deflation but actually it didnt because the price was fixed through the depression

edit (soz didnt see you said gold STOCKS) i think June 08 thru december was pretty good heads up that if deflation happens gold stocks will tank

(and really what is realist bears obsession with hating gold, did your parents smack you round the head with an ingot when you were a nipper or something)

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Why do you think the stock market will crash?

It did in 1929 because that was a stocks bubble; this time it was a property bubble. There's only one crash coming.

Hi Mr Hovis!

I think I pointed out on a another thread that the world isn't running out of gold!

If somebody hoards it, people think it's rare, and the price goes up!

It's only pretty, and you can make pen-knibs and earrings from it !

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

personally, I'm more bullish on silver long-term, but hey... you pays yer money you makes yer choice

Did you know that once silver was valued at the same price as gold and europe and the USA pegged the price at one stage at a ration of 14-1

Silver is an industrial metal and as such a lot of it is destroyed so that the amout of silver above hte ground is no bigger then the total gold above ground.

yes i think Silver is a good bet but what i can not understand is why is it that both silver and gold did not go to the moon a year lasat september when we were on the edge of a meltdown ?

my take is they just pump out more paper stuff even if they take a haircut on the deal as fiat paper must be preserved at all cost as we have seen from the banksters bailout but sooner or later industry will need the real physical stuff so then we will see if anyone is swimming without clothers on.

HOLA4416

Hi Mr Hovis!

I think I pointed out on a another thread that the world isn't running out of gold!

If somebody hoards it, people think it's rare, and the price goes up!

It's only pretty, and you can make pen-knibs and earrings from it !

Gold is money. It was abandoned for ww1 as the mass slaughter could not have been financed with honest money. The great fraud of stealing the peoples gold in exchange for paper continued after the war. The paper money could be devalued so that the people had no store of their wealth and efforts outside of the system. Most of the people forgot that gold and silver is money and foolishly think of it as only jewelery.

HOLA4417

Male or Female? I would avoid the British Royals as they are all chavs. I have no idea how much they might be these days, but, I think in general the European royals cost less than their British equilvalents. :D

If you are looking for a cute female soveriegn can I suggest Princess Victoria of Sweden, she is HOT! B)

victora_nobel_2007.jpg

If it is a lad you are wanting to despoil then perhaps her brother might be what you are looking for

carl_philip_1196092393_4828800.jpg

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Why?

Not being critical. Just interested.

It will just about buy you a one way airline ticket out of the UK but as a store of wealth one is almost pointless.

But you are right to start with one if you might get more.

Try London Mint Office - they will sell you one as a loss leader for £139-even a nice 2009 UNC. After you get it email them and tell them you don't want any more otherwise they send you another a month later for £350 odd. Get all your family to do the same (different addresses needed) and you can get more at the same price.

You tight b*stard. I like your thinking.

HOLA4420

Why?

It will just about buy you a one way airline ticket out of the UK but as a store of wealth one is almost pointless.

Try London Mint Office - they will sell you one as a loss leader for £139-even a nice 2009 UNC. After you get it email them and tell them you don't want any more otherwise they send you another a month later for £350 odd. Get all your family to do the same (different addresses needed) and you can get more at the same price.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Why?

Hehe, Chards rip into them over this.

http://www.goldsovereigns.co.uk/londonmintoffice2009proofsovereign139pounds.html

HOLA4423

Chards p!ss me off. They seem to think they are the only people who should be allowed to sell coins.

He rips into the Royal Mint, ebay, London Mint Office and anyone else with the cheek to try and steal his customers.

I just bought a rare 4 coin set of 2005 proof sovereigns for several hundreds of £ less than Chard sell them.

I never had a problem with London Mint Office. The odd time they did send a second coin I phoned them and they sent me a label for free return special delivery postage. Never any arguement.

Even when they found out I had applied half a dozen times they just told me I should't really have done it but sent another to my work address!

Edited by dr ray

HOLA4424

I just want to own a coin, feel it in my hands.

I'm afraid a sovereign is a bit of a disappointment if this is what you want. £150 doesn't buy a very tactile lump of gold. You need a Krugerrand or a gold £5 for this or else some silver dollars or British silver crowns which are a nice chunk of metal with a metal value of around £7-8. Very occasionally you can get them for £10 or less on ebay

HOLA4425

wot compared to fiat paper or the recent bank bailout :P

i think not

Fiat is worse, just about good enough to be used as wallpaper IMO. That's why I have quite a bit of gold despite my many reservations.

Edited by williamdb