House Price Crash Forum

Boomers Over 50 Created This Sh1thole

Wait & See

HOLA441

I rekon the old boomers should be shoved down a mine for crimes against the country. Theft of property, the acquisition of crappy cars like the Austin Maxi and being self centred are three of the crimes they are guilty of. Another might be watching Howards Way in the eighties and thinking they could be like that. :blink:

Browns what, 52. Stupid old b4stard should be taken away in a white van. Wasters, the lot of them. :ph34r:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

i agree with him, and yes, my parent's ARE in their 50's. :blink:

In replying to this thread, it says 'Replying to Boomers over 50 created this shithole.' at the top of this post that i am currently penning. I reckon that's a more accurate description of why we're in the situation we're in. :lol:

HOLA445
I rekon the old boomers should be shoved down a mine for crimes against the country. Theft of property, the acquisition of crappy cars like the Austin Maxi and being self centred are three of the crimes they are guilty of. Another might be watching Howards Way in the eighties and thinking they could be like that. :blink:

Browns what, 52. Stupid old b4stard should be taken away in a white van. Wasters, the lot of them. :ph34r:

What mess? Everything looks fine to me.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Why throw them down a mine when they are a valuable source of biofuels and animal feed?

HOLA448

Yay for blame culture. It's always someone else's fault isn't it. Some how I (an 80s child) own a house and have a career and enjoy living in the UK but who's fault is that?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest UK Debt Slave

It's a fair point and one I find pretty worrying as I approach my late 40's

I'm a child of the 1970's rather than the 1960's. My father taught me from an early age to have a healthy scepticism of politicians and the media.

But how ironic that those freedom loving, dope smoking, hippies from the 1960s became the new age totalitarians.

And I do wonder how today's young people will react towards the architects of this mess once they realize how badly they have been shafted, saddled with decades of our unpaid largesse and greed.

No wonder Nufascist are so keen to keep our school kids as dumb and ignorant as possible. Heaven forbid if they stop to think about their future of slavery paying for our self indulgence.

HOLA4411
Yay for blame culture. It's always someone else's fault isn't it. Some how I (an 80s child) own a house and have a career and enjoy living in the UK but who's fault is that?

But if you're an 80s child then you're a boomer too. Anyone born before 1970 is a boomer. So its only because greedy self-centred "I want it all now a bugger everyone else" boomers like yourself have been allowed to it all that subsequent harder working generations have been denied housing etc.

HOLA4412

So in the future you won't be party to any profit taking from real estate you own? Because that would be 'thieving'? You'd be prepared to sell it potentially at under market value so it benefits young people?

Or are you in the 'it's different if I do it because I'm a capitalist so it's different, see, dog eat dog and all that, two wrongs make a right' club which seems to have a few members around these here parts?

HOLA4413

You know it's our fault the boomers and their b***** children brought up in Maggies era. I am 47 and still think this country is okay if you don't mind grafting.

The good news for the whinging/man bag carrying/it's always someone elses fault x generation is that we are back in play -the kids are grownup, we have some money behind us and a wealth of contacts.

We know we are going to have to work and deal for a little longer than planned but hey many of us surprise surprise actually enjoy working and we do it to win and win well, in terms of job satisfaction and work life balance.

Frankly if you couldn't make something of yourself in the late 90's and the early 21st century in the most benign conditions for 100 years and we were taking a breather I don't fancy your chances now.

Edited by Greg Bowman

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
It's looking like I won't even be owning any real estate any time soon, let alone make a profit from it. That was your generations lucky bag.

unless they sell their gains pretty shortly and for a good price then the returns don't look that great

you'll have you time in the sun - patience, just don't get sucked in by VIs

Edited by Si1

HOLA4417
It's looking like I won't even be owning any real estate any time soon, let alone make a profit from it. That was your generations lucky bag.

A giant 'gift' from all who were unfortunate enough to be trying to be productive in the uk, while all the surpluses were shoveled to the owners of real estate for doing nothing.

Edited by Stars

HOLA4418
unless they sell their gains pretty shortly and for a good price then the returns don't look that great

you'll have you time in the sun - patience, just don't get sucked in by VIs

The productive part of the economy (the sun, if you will) has been wrecked by the greasy thieving

HOLA4419

I personally hold the Normans responsible as they undid a lot of good done by the Celts and Romans. The other group to blame are the Scots when the Stuarts reversed the good that the Celtic Queen Elizabeth I achieved (her grandad was a Welsh Taffy). More recently, the pre WWI generation had much to do with the mess as they are the ones who began the decline in the Empire....................

HOLA4420

honestly, unless these guys have taken profits, then as far as I can tell an awful lot of them are f*cked, and to cap it they don't know they're f*cked - what about that documentary on a week or two back with unemployed middle class ex-middle managers; what about f*cked landlords? what about losing all their property gains in the oncoming crash? what about their decades of living off car finance schemes and MEW?

I suspect that many unwise 50-somethings, with their veneer of credit-derived wealth and private-sector-non-jobs, will be working into their 70s, and be the very class forced, out of their own debt and ill-preparedness, to provide the labour to keep this country off its knees.

The post-boomers might inevitably count themselves luckier than they currently think, providing they didn'y buy a house near peak.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4421
I personally hold the Normans responsible as they undid a lot of good done by the Celts and Romans. The other group to blame are the Scots when the Stuarts reversed the good that the Celtic Queen Elizabeth I achieved (her grandad was a Welsh Taffy). More recently, the pre WWI generation had much to do with the mess as they are the ones who began the decline in the Empire....................

I blame lungfish for having the audacity to bother breathing air and evolving into amphibians and then mammals in the first place. Amoebas too - don't get me started on them, the b*stards.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4422
honestly, unless these guys have taken profits, then as far as I can tell an awful lot of them are f*cked, and to cap it they don't know they're f*cked - what about that documentary on a week or two back with unemployed middle class ex-middle managers; what about f*cked landlords? what about losing all their property gains in the oncoming crash? what about their decades of living off car finance schemes and MEW?

I suspect that many unwise 50-somethings, with their veneer of credit-derived wealth and private-sector-non-jobs, will be working into their 70s, and be the very class forced, out of their own debt and ill-preparedness, to provide the labour to keep this country off its knees.

The post-boomers might inevitably count themselves luckier than they currently think, providing they didn'y buy a house near peak.

Agree. A family member who is an accountant in their early 50s was very happy to tell me that they didn't have any pension provision other than a few BTLs about 3 years ago. I told them that I thought a property crash was inevitable given affordability and the insanity of the housing boom. Was given a patronising smile and a "you could be right" response.

Roll forward 2 years. Said family member had been made redundant. Couldn't sell any of the property portfolio (new build flats) and was in a terrible way. They now fortunately have a new job, (paying less for more work) and life is pretty tough compared to before. We used to get invited to their place quite a lot for family dos etc, but now the family has retreated from the world and we hardly ever hear from them. I wouldn't fancy being in my 50s and having to basically start a pension from scatch.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I personally hold the following to blame:

1. All the idiot govenment ministers who created the mess.
  2. All the idiot journalists who ignored the mess until it was too late.
  3. All the idiots who voted for 1 above and believed 2 above.

It's not an age thing, it's a lack of thought and engagement in the democratic process by the population at large. It's about The Cretin Brown throwing tens of billions in extra spending around and the public/press saying "great" rather than "who the f***'s going to pay for that".

HOLA4425
Ok, so we've blamed the old. Now we just need a thread blaming the young, one blaming the poor

and perhaps one for immigrants and asylum seekers. Then of course there is the EU.

That gave me an amazing feeling of deja-vu! ;)

There are people of all ages which have taken on too big a mortgage/loans in the recent boom, instead of

waiting a bit, or paying stuff off! :(