House Price Crash Forum

Boomers Over 50 Created This Sh1thole

Wait & See

HOLA441
Big problem with that is you didn't actually clear anything up, you put it all on the grandkids mastercard.

Now you are presenting the bill for all that largesse (including your own) and demanding peaceful acceptance.

First things first. Old Digger is nothing to do with the government. So don't pin this one on me.

All I can be held responsible for is not persuading enough people to get their heads out of their arses, and stop what has happened.

It is not me who is presenting anybody with a bill.

If this generation does not take a more critical eye to the way the world is, then everything will continue the same as it ever was.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
First things first. Old Digger is nothing to do with the government. So don't pin this one on me.

All I can be held responsible for is not persuading enough people to get their heads out of their arses, and stop what has happened.

I though you worked for the public sector?

It is not me who is presenting anybody with a bill.

If this generation does not take a more critical eye to the way the world is, then everything will continue the same as it ever was.

No, it won't.

No more borrowing from tommorrow is possible.

HOLA443

Injin,

You truly talk some drivel at times.

A public servant is not the government, you should do some reading on what governance is.

(But I think you know that anyway, you argumentative old buzzard)

If people don't get their heads out of their arses, it most definitely will carry on as it ever has.

Edited by DiggerUK

HOLA444
Injin,

You truly talk some drivel at times.

A public servant is not the government, you should do some reading on what governance is.

(But I think you know that anyway, you argumentative old buzzard)

Yes, I do. but you can't claim you aren't responsible for the debts when the job you do is paid for by borrowing.

If you worked in the private sector you could say you weren't responsible but as you are paid every month out of deficit financing it's a bit rich to say it's not your fault borrowing is so high.

If people don't get their heads out of their arses, it most definitely will carry on as it ever has.

Nope.

It's nothing to do with people and all to do with physical limits on the ability to borrow and inflate.

System can't carry on, it's hit it's real world limits. It's only 30 years old anyway, nothing like the eternal inevitability you are painting it as.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The most interesting book on inter-generational relationships and it's effects on the socio-economic situation is "The Fourth Turning" by William Strauss and Neil Howe. It seems that history really does repeat itself.

Since our of world economy is based on a pyramid scheme, of course each generation tries to leave the bill for the subsequent incumbents.

All government plans at the moment are based on taking wealth from the future to pay for the here and now. The pyramid is collapsing, and it's disintegration is accelerating. No-one wants this to happen as it's the only structure they know, so they will do whatever it takes to keep it going as long as possible.

HOLA447
Yes, I do. but you can't claim you aren't responsible for the debts when the job you do is paid for by borrowing.

My job is paid for out of taxation and borrowing. Same as it ever was.

I am not responsible for the ever increasing levels of money creation since the end of WW2.

My wages are not responsible for the toxic debts.

Stop talking gibberish.

HOLA448
I refer to me and mine as the end of empire generation, much more accurate than baby boomer.

Lets get a few things sorted here.

My parents generation had to clear up the mess, and clear the debts of previous governments.

Same as it ever was.

My generation had to clear up the mess, and clear the debts of previous governments.

Same as it ever was.

Today's generation will have to clear up the mess, and pay off the debts of previous governments.

Same as it ever was.

Now will the next generation please pipe down, your getting far too stroppy.

Same as it ever was.

Bills come in all shapes and forms, and sometimes they are paid in blood. People might think that the immediate post war generation have sold their heirs a pup. However, it is nothing compared to what was dumped on the children of the 1880s and 1890s by the elder generation of the Edwardian era who waved their children off to be slaughtered in their droves on the western front (single battalions on the first day of the Somme lost more men in an hour than the entire British army has in over 5 years of involvement in the current debacle in Afghanistan). To compound the insult those soldiers who survived the conflict returned to pay the economic cost of the war as well. I fully understand why my grandfather chucked his medals on the fire in protest over his betrayal.

What young people should worry about is not the current mountain of debts (they can always be defaulted at a cost) but the siren voices of politicians and others who might be tempted to dump yet another serious shooting war on them.

Edited by whatamisery

HOLA449
HOLA4410
My job is paid for out of taxation and borrowing. Same as it ever was.

Yes so it's your fault.

If you didn't take their money then you;d be blameless. you do, so you are at fault

I am not responsible for the ever increasing levels of money creation since the end of WW2.

Yes, you are, part of them at least.

My wages are not responsible for the toxic debts.

Stop talking gibberish.

Hand your notice in, get another job.

Then your responsibility ends.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
War is always good for business and the jingoism stirred up is good for any incumbent government, especially one that isn't very popular.

All British post war generations are fortunate they have not had a major war dumped on them (ie one involving conscription).

The US baby boom generation from 1946-53 were not so lucky as many were drafted and sent to Vietnam where over 3 million saw active service and over 47,000 died in combat (nb - only 6000 less than the US lost in combat in World War I) .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_casualties_of_war

Pointless wars not over inflated house prices are the ultimate betrayal of the young.

Edited by whatamisery

HOLA4413
I can't help it if you had bad parents which you obviously had. If your parents didn't want better for you, then take it up with them. I have certainl;y not squirreled away all my brass and kept my two in poverty or saddled with a big debt. Bottom line is that if you were now in a fairly good position (Dad paid your deposit for your house etc.) maybe paid off your student loan then you wouldn't be bitchin on here. BTW I couldn't afford to go on the p!ss for days on end in my late teens/early twenties as most of you did at Uni. You had a good time then, some old uns will have a good time in retirement. Looking back I would have preferred to have a had a good time when most of you did.

Congratulations, you've stooped to a new low.