House Price Crash Forum

What Series Do I Watch Next......

kara gee

HOLA441

Yes, I know the Wire thread has been done to death, but I'm getting quite pannicy now I'm nearing the end of The Wire, I'm going to be totally bereft of anything decent to watch.

I don't have sky for films and hate normal TV.

I'm up to date on Lost and Heros. Really liked Rome but that was only 2 series.

Any good suggestions please. (Before you say "get a life", I would, but I'm massively pregnant so evenings are restricted to sofa-based activities ;) )

Ta

HOLA442
HOLA443
Yes, I know the Wire thread has been done to death, but I'm getting quite pannicy now I'm nearing the end of The Wire, I'm going to be totally bereft of anything decent to watch.

Any good suggestions please. (Before you say "get a life", I would, but I'm massively pregnant so evenings are restricted to sofa-based activities ;) )

Ta

About to have a baby? Don't bother getting into a new tv series, you won't have time, and when you do have time, you'll be too tired.

The next TV you're going to watch is Postman Pat, In the Night Garden and Chuggington.

"Chuggington, chugga, chugga chugga chugga chuggingon..."

:rolleyes:;)

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest anorthosite

Battlestar Galactica. Forget everything you remember about the old series, this is dark and very, very smart.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Ta

What are you after? Tight drama, good crime shows?

Mad Men was excellent, but not to everyone's taste. Deadwood was supposed to be fantastic.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest anorthosite
Or The Flashing Blade............that's still great after all these years.

Wow, that brings back memories:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Battlestar Galactica. Forget everything you remember about the old series, this is dark and very, very smart.

Does this include the final series?

I loved the first few series, but to be honest, just felt that it died some where along the way. I gave up in the middle of series 5.

That's how poor I thought it became- to get 90% through something and give up and not be bothered to know how it ends.

In fact, I do know how it ends, the President is the last Cylon and the whole thing was just a dream, and Thrace wakes up in the shower and finds out she's a man. Which is difficult because she wakes up next to Starbuck.

HOLA4420
Guest X-QUORK

Catch up on your sleep whilst you can.

Failing that, have you considered joining LoveFilm or one of the other DVD mailing companies? I pay £11 a month and can have 2 DVDs at any time. They do every TV series you can think of, and plenty only shown in the States, plus all the usual films.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest anorthosite
Does this include the final series?

I loved the first few series, but to be honest, just felt that it died some where along the way. I gave up in the middle of series 5.

That's how poor I thought it became- to get 90% through something and give up and not be bothered to know how it ends.

In fact, I do know how it ends, the President is the last Cylon and the whole thing was just a dream, and Thrace wakes up in the shower and finds out she's a man. Which is difficult because she wakes up next to Starbuck.

The final series was as good as the rest of it I thought. The ending was very good though, there's a nice twist at the end.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest skullingtonjoe

Ta

UFO + Space 1999 = heaven ;)

HOLA4425

Archived