• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Got a bottle of Remmy going down nicely whilst watching Labour talking heads squirm

VSOP, XO or Louis XIII?

Went on a tour t'other day round the Remy estate - the waiter in their bar recommended freezing it for 3-4 hours like Vodka and then serving with crushed ice...

HOLA446

This is the best night of telly in years.

Thank god I have enough drink and Roast Beef Monster Munch to see me through to the wee small hours. And checking my anticipated winnings on Betfair.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest LongBlackKilt
Got a bottle of Remmy going down nicely whilst watching Labour talking heads squirm

My piece of Red Leicester is showing toothmarks. But at least it's on my [computer] trolley.

Unlike some other things. ;)

HOLA4412
Guest BoomBoomCrash
VSOP, XO or Louis XIII?

Went on a tour t'other day round the Remy estate - the waiter in their bar recommended freezing it for 3-4 hours like Vodka and then serving with crushed ice...

Just the VSOP. The Louis XIII is over a grand a bottle, now I'm sure it's lovely, but I doubt it a grand a bottle lovely.

HOLA4413
:(

This is the local election results for Leicestershire, so don't know......

Tories celebrate best-ever result in Leicestershire

Saturday, June 06, 2009, 09:30

Comment on this story

by Martin Robinson

The Tories swept to their best-ever result in a Leicestershire local election as the BNP won their first seat on the county council.

Conservatives took 44.3% of the vote winning 36 seats at County Hall yesterday.

The results give the Tories six more councillors than in 2005, and a majority of 17 seats.

Labour had a miserable day winning just 15.5% of the vote – down more than 10% on 2005. The party lost nine of its 13 seats.

Nationally, the picture was just as bleak for Labour, who no longer hold any county councils in England.

Leicestershire's leader of the Labour group Matthew O'Callaghan was one of the high-profile names to go.

He said that his party's ailing reputation nationally cost him his Melton North seat, along with many others across the country.

Its most high-profile defeat was in Coalville to the BNP, whose backing increased to 12.1% of the vote. It was just 1% four years ago.

The Liberal Democrats won 27.1% of the vote to make them the new opposition party at County Hall. They increased their number of seats from 11 to 14, with significant wins in Burbage, Wigston and Warren Hills, North West Leicestershire

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
This is the local election results for Leicestershire, so don't know......

The local election was for Leicstershire County Council, which excludes the city of Leicster which has it's own council. Tonight's results include both the rural and urban areas.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Not sure I trust that third position yet, good enough for Gordon but still a balance.

10.24pm: More from the Westminster grapevine:

* The Tories and Labour are now both predicting that Ukip will come second, and Labour third.

* Labour are expected to lose a seat in Yorkshire and Humber. They have two in 2004.

* Labour are doing well in the East Midlands, apparently because Robert Kilroy-Silk isn't standing there (as he was for Ukip in 2004).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/20...an-elections-eu

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2130 The chairman of the UK Independence Party, Paul Nuttal says "The results that are coming in at the moment look quite good for us and it is well within the realms of possibility that we will double our representation here, and not only that we are hoping to finish second right across the country which will then sound the death knell to the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown."

Hope he's right.

HOLA4422
The local election was for Leicstershire County Council, which excludes the city of Leicster which has it's own council. Tonight's results include both the rural and urban areas.

Oh! right, cheers ;)

Leicester must be a pretty big part of the county.

Edit: typos and context issues :rolleyes:

Edited by godless

HOLA4423
Not sure I trust that third position yet, good enough for Gordon but still a balance.

I think third is the best we could hope for. Some people will alway vote Labour in the same way that ITV would still have so many thousand viewers even when showing a test card.

HOLA4424
Just the VSOP. The Louis XIII is over a grand a bottle, now I'm sure it's lovely, but I doubt it a grand a bottle lovely.

...still bloody nice drop of Cognac though...

Got to touch a bottle of Black Pearl 2006 on the tour - €7k a bottle :blink: - mostly sold to Chinese and Russian investors.

HOLA4425
Sweden's "Pirate Party" have won a seat.

Sadly though on a manifesto of copyright-free file sharing for all; nothing about dubloons, stealing treasure from scurvy knaves or shivering one's timbers Arrrr Jim-lad.

pugwash.gif

That`s disappointing