House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Brown Booed By Veterans At D-day Rememberance

MOP

HOLA441
Brown is owed no great respect nor has he earned it, nor any other politician IMO.

...and yet they show YOU respect by trying to represent you, and uphold democracy.

Unlike Brown.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
I agree.

Did the people who fought on the D Day beaches not earn it? Of those alive I have yet to see any that "demanded" it.

Those people that disrespected the occasion should know better.

Brown is owed no great respect nor has he earned it, nor any other politician IMO.

For ******s sake it's not like they booed as they were singing abide with me is it? They booed as Brown glad handed his powerful mates and smirked his way into the service. Brown's not even the first choice of many veterans to represent them at the event. He's not head of state. In his usual ******ed up psychotic way he's assumed he's more important than the people that fought on those beaches and their wishes. The "occasion" disrespected by Brown being there not by people pointing out they disapproved.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I agree.

Did the people who fought on the D Day beaches not earn it? Of those alive I have yet to see any that "demanded" it.

Those people that disrespected the occasion should know better.

You misunderstand me

To me that didn't sound like the veterans, voices to young and I'm sure there were young female tones in there and so rightly "shame on them". What I was saying was that had the veterans booed then that is thier prerogative as it is they who risked thier lives to secure the freedoms which allow us to debate the issues on a free forum and that Gordon Brown attempting to use the the event to further his own political goals and so shame on him.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest UK Debt Slave
It's being reported on Sky. They are blaming Brown for the failure to secure an invitation for the Queen.

The pressure is clearly taking a toll:

Sky are also reporting an email leak where Mandelson tells an aide that Brown couldn't win an election.

He called Omaha Beach OBAMA beach!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHAT A FEKKN NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT BROON IS!

Shocking

HOLA4412
Guest anorthosite

No matter how many times I say it in my head, I cannot mix up Obama and Omaha. Even if I say "Obama Beach", I have to stop and think about it. Utah comes to my head before Omaha does :blink:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest anorthosite
I wonder what Obama made of it? He looks puzzled in the youtube vid.

It must be like when someone dull & unattractive in the office fancies you and obsesses over you and everyone knows it, but the person doesn't realise everyone knows it. Lots of awkward and uncomfortable moments...

HOLA4417

He's delusional, incompetent and dangerous.

He really sees his "fight" against the credit crunch and his efforts to help the "casualties" of the Brown boom and bust as being the same thing as the life and death struggle as our soldiers risked death and agonizing dismemberment on those beaches. His whole failed publicity stunt in France was aimed at drawing a parallel between D-Day and Brown's "heroic" action in abusing UK finances to prop up house prices for him and his well-off mates. Err, Gordon, defeating the Nazis was slightly more impressive than pissing away £300 billion of public money in an effort to shift the Rightmove house price index upwards by 1%.

He can't even string a couple of coherent sentences together. His every action is guided by self interest. He robs the veterans of decent pensions while giving taxpayer funded handouts to his own brother. Everyone can see that this moron is a waste of space. Why does no one have the nerve to tell him he is a useless *****. His economic policy is a joke, and everyone hates him because he is a traitor to his country and has dragged it into the gutter.

Having said that, I'm sure he's a decent bloke and has his good points.

HOLA4418
My point is that this is an occasion of state during which those people that give a monkeys about anything of importance (not my existence - I am but one of 850 billion people on this planet - not important at all) saw fit to use this event to show their protest at the current PM. Brown may well be an idiot but this was not the time nor the place.

If you find an event distasteful then boycott it do not wreck it in such a childish and undignified manner.

Sad stupid old men (to whom I most definitely do not owe my existence) who have learnt nothing from their great sacrifice. What a shame.

They were there when the sh1t was flying. And yes you definitely do owe them and their ilk your existence which might otherwise be very different. How dare you call them sad stupid old men? Do you know any of them.? It was their occasion - they earned the right to damn well show their displeasure any way they want.

HOLA4419
They were there when the sh1t was flying. And yes you definitely do owe them and their ilk your existence which might otherwise be very different. How dare you call them sad stupid old men? Do you know any of them.? It was their occasion - they earned the right to damn well show their displeasure any way they want.

I once knew someone who came alive from the WW2 and said - the brave ones are all dead, those that are back alive survived through their fear - in 4 years I have never been sober on the front line and so were my pals

HOLA4420
I once knew someone who came alive from the WW2 and said - the brave ones are all dead, those that are back alive survived through their fear - in 4 years I have never been sober on the front line and so were my pals

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean? Survival in war is often a result of pot luck, not cowardice.

HOLA4421
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean? Survival in war is often a result of pot luck, not cowardice.

It is meant to say that the best of the best of the human race are lost in wars and revolutions

And as we loose that best of the human kind genetic fund we are left with fearful rabbits shugging for slavery

The race , the human race is heading for its final Darwin day - the worst of the worst are surviving - you are one of them

HOLA4422
Nothing about it on the Beeb website - I suspect it isn't true.

What isn't true? There was a clip of Brown's arrival on BBC news earlier and the boo-ing was loud and intrusive; as somebody has already mentioned, what a shame to sink to that level - detracted from the purpose and dignity of the ceremony.

HOLA4423
Dear God man, have a word with yourself !! This is the man who has been preaching endlessly about doing the right thing. while on his watch politicians have been cheating the public out of their money.

He has presided as chancellor over the worst economic disaster since the war, refusing to accept his part in it. He enjoys a position as the leader of the British Government and as such the buck stops with him.

He deserves no quarter.

Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

Well said! Every time I feel even a twinge of sympathy for the guy I just remember how long my children will be paying for his deceit and wanton profligacy - all to fund his ruthless ambition.

HOLA4424
It is meant to say that the best of the best of the human race are lost in wars and revolutions

And as we loose that best of the human kind genetic fund we are left with fearful rabbits shugging for slavery

The race , the human race is heading for its final Darwin day - the worst of the worst are surviving - you are one of them

Thanks a bunch. :blink:

I still don't really know what you are going on about.

HOLA4425

[quote name='anorthosite' date='Jun 6 2009, 10:19 PM' post='1935507'

I know its a British tradition to laugh at the French, but credit where credit is due.

I agree. The French suffered terribly under Nazi rule.

Archived