House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOP

Gordon Brown Booed By Veterans At D-day Rememberance

Think of the hundreds of thousands of lives he has blighted due to his financial mismanagement. The pensions he stole, the decade of greed he presided over which will wreck peoples lives for years to come. Think of the huge debt this country is now in which will affect taxation for 20-30 years. Think of the ruined UK society by his obsession with the multicult.

Death is too good for him, he needs to live out his days knowing exactly the pain he has caused and needs to go down in history as one of the most damaging politicians the UK has ever seen.

Good stuff.

That an odious individual, undeserved of status, can represent this country at a ceremony of such significance is surely not what so many brave people gave their lives for.

Do we know it was the veterans though? There was quite a mixed crowd at the service and the shouts (which didn't last long) were pretty muted suggesting they came from the non-veteran area further back. The veterans at the front seemed to be glad handing Brown with big smiles at the end, unless that was just what the Beeb wanted us to see.

I was more annoyed by the British Legion MC referring to Brown as the 'English Prime Minister' and the old boy who misquoted the Binyon poem looking like he'd forgotten his reading glasses.

It was veterans according to Sky. One of them shouted "where's the Queen?" and many of them wore badges of the Queen to make a point out of it. It seems they think Brown pulled a fast one to get another photo op with Obama.

It is the question of being precise with the history and not misrepresenting facts, including who has been "presiding" over this country since 1997

I didn't say Gordon Brown had presided over the country.

They live there you sick ******.

Someone, with a usename of 'NON FROG', who lives in France, sticking up for the French.

You could not make it up.

It was veterans according to Sky. One of them shouted "where's the Queen?" and many of them wore badges of the Queen to make a point out of it. It seems they think Brown pulled a fast one to get another photo op with Obama.

Indeed! This day surely belongs to the veterans. It was them that fought on that day and it was their friends and colleagues who were being remembered. If they felt it was right to boo the politicians trying to profit from the celebration, who are we to argue with them.

btw not a fan of the queen either

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the guy. He isn't well, that's for sure. This invitation business was badly handled by the FO. They are supposed to advise on protocol. Sarah Brown was needlessly distressed too.

Those around him should have either supported him or put him out his misery by now.

He is so beleaguered that I very fleetingly felt sorry for him too, until I remembered his grandstanding as Chancellor over the abolition of the 10p tax band. He did not give a monkeys on the effect that this was going to have on the low paid etc. It was only media pressure that led to a botched resolution for some of those who lost out.

Any pity also dissolved when I listened to a description of his personality, given by his biographer. An unsavoury character in so many ways.

Despite all this talk of moral compass etc, I believe he is totally dishonest and without any integrity.

Mind you, when I heard how Cameron behaved as Carlton's PR man, this did not inspire with any confidence in his possible replacement.

A plague on both your houses!!

They live there you sick ******.

Have I missed something here btw? The French didn't exactly bust a nut during the Normandy invasion did they?

Are we supposed to thank the French for allowing us into France so we could kick the Germans out? I don't mind them being at the rememberance service, but they should sit at the back of the bus as far as I am concerned.

People (like my Dad) that fought on the Normandy beaches must be turning in their graves at the sick spectacle that these stupid old men have made of our once great nation.

You do, of course, mean Broon, Mandelslime, Straw et al? Plus all the other MPs on the fiddle, the corrupt Speaker and the two peers suspended from the Lords for the first time since the Civil War?

Have I missed something here btw? The French didn't exactly bust a nut during the Normandy invasion did they?

Are we supposed to thank the French for allowing us into France so we could kick the Germans out? I don't mind them being at the rememberance service, but they should sit at the back of the bus as far as I am concerned.

On the plus side - they have given us seriously fit birds.

laetitia%20casta%20626.jpg

casta3.jpg

Guest anorthosite

The French did alright on D-Day. There were French commandos on the beaches who had trained alongside British troops with Lord Lovat, the resistance movement was a huge help in behind the lines disruption and there were many heroic acts from civilians in dealing with the casualties, one story I remember was the resistance fighter who dipped bedsheets in blood and laid them out as a red cross on the roof of the hospital in Caen in the middle of the air raids. That town was pretty much destoyed by bombing, but the hospital survived because of his actions.

I know its a British tradition to laugh at the French, but credit where credit is due.

The French did alright on D-Day. There were French commandos on the beaches who had trained alongside British troops with Lord Lovat, the resistance movement was a huge help in behind the lines disruption and there were many heroic acts from civilians in dealing with the casualties, one story I remember was the resistance fighter who dipped bedsheets in blood and laid them out as a red cross on the roof of the hospital in Caen in the middle of the air raids. That town was pretty much destoyed by bombing, but the hospital survived because of his actions.

I know its a British tradition to laugh at the French, but credit where credit is due.

Only to be brutally exterminated just before the V-Day by the allied troops in order to make sure De Gaulle, not the resistance fighters , makes it to power

A few years ago especially at election time Prime Ministers and opposition leaders used to regularly give speeches in public in the streets on "the stump". Even the unpopular John Major was known to do that and he took a fair bit of heckling and he probably deserved it.

I dare say the PM (the Property Manager) would have received a similar reception to that on Ohama Beach if he had the courage to do a real public speech in the UK on the stump.

Of course these days under NuLabour one word of heckle in the UK and the paid heavies move in. They even move in on veterans. Apparently that doesn't happen in France.

Then you're a disgrace too. What a nation of yobbish oiks Britain has become. Disrespectful and disgusting.

People (like my Dad) that fought on the Normandy beaches must be turning in their graves at the sick spectacle that these stupid old men have made of our once great nation.

These "stupid old men", presumably, are the very same who fought on the Normandy beaches and to whom you owe your existence. The targets of the booing are far more disgusting.

Someone, with a usename of 'NON FROG', who lives in France, sticking up for the French.

You could not make it up.

You are an imbecile. Read again the thread and STFU

He was heckled badly. The BBC said only a small section of the crowd booed. To me it sounded like a large section, but that's Auntie Pravda for ye. No mention of the booing on the radio.

These "stupid old men", presumably, are the very same who fought on the Normandy beaches and to whom you owe your existence. The targets of the booing are far more disgusting.

they fought and saw their brothers and comrades die to give us our freedoms - which Gordon Brown abuses to serve his own vanity.

His presence there is mocking the dead heroes and their honour. Booing is completely correct.

they fought and saw their brothers and comrades die to give us our freedoms - which Gordon Brown abuses to serve his own vanity.

His presence there is mocking the dead heroes and their honour. Booing is completely correct.

And so is the presence of the rest of the podium

Without it (the podium) the party would have been just about right

I also think booing is a tad out of order, in any other public appearance it is acceptable, hell I'd do it too but at a Remembrance Service it is a step too far in my opinion. Today should be about the soldiers who fought for us, not anything else.

My point is that this is an occasion of state during which those people that give a monkeys about anything of importance (not my existence - I am but one of 850 billion people on this planet - not important at all) saw fit to use this event to show their protest at the current PM. Brown may well be an idiot but this was not the time nor the place.

If you find an event distasteful then boycott it do not wreck it in such a childish and undignified manner.

Sad stupid old men (to whom I most definitely do not owe my existence) who have learnt nothing from their great sacrifice. What a shame.