House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOP

Gordon Brown Booed By Veterans At D-day Rememberance

Have I missed something here btw? The French didn't exactly bust a nut during the Normandy invasion did they?

Are we supposed to thank the French for allowing us into France so we could kick the Germans out? I don't mind them being at the rememberance service, but they should sit at the back of the bus as far as I am concerned.

Well, some of my family worked with the Free French - and many did 'bust a nut.'

I also think booing is a tad out of order, in any other public appearance it is acceptable, hell I'd do it too but at a Remembrance Service it is a step too far in my opinion. Today should be about the soldiers who fought for us, not anything else.

Thank you.

And so is the presence of the rest of the podium

Without it (the podium) the party would have been just about right

Agreed. Get the vets up there and get the likes of Sarkozy down off the podium! Are the French resistance fighters really represented by people like Sarkozy?

You are an imbecile. Read again the thread and STFU

I have read the thread. You are someone who is getting annoyed at those abusing the French. At the same time you call these same French - 'Frogs'.

A little hypocritical.....

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender,.....

---------

Seeing as the PM wanted to be seen on video alongside black and white film clips of the UK's wartime leader. Maybe it all just rang a bell with the veterans.

Agreed. Get the vets up there and get the likes of Sarkozy down off the podium! Are the French resistance fighters really represented by people like Sarkozy?

He's the guy in charge, so yes.

Well, some of my family worked with the Free French - and many did 'bust a nut.'

Every occupation will have insurgents. French civilians having to do the job of the government and army FFS. My problem is with the establishment and people like Sarkozy up there using it for a photo op!

I have read the thread. You are someone who is getting annoyed at those abusing the French. At the same time you call these same French - 'Frogs'.

A little hypocritical.....

You clearly cannot read Pal. If you think this is to do with the French then your English is about as good as my neighbour.

My point is that this is an occasion of state during which those people that give a monkeys about anything of importance (not my existence - I am but one of 850 billion people on this planet - not important at all) saw fit to use this event to show their protest at the current PM. Brown may well be an idiot but this was not the time nor the place.

If you find an event distasteful then boycott it do not wreck it in such a childish and undignified manner.

Sad stupid old men (to whom I most definitely do not owe my existence) who have learnt nothing from their great sacrifice. What a shame.

Jeez.... :rolleyes:

He's the guy in charge, so yes.

In charge of a pussy and his own super ego?

Edit: The French think that at best he is a clown at worst a selfish and self-obsessed, struggling for a pan-European presidency b*****d - Tony Blair with his nose stuck between the tits of Melinda Messenger

Thank you

Well, the Free French served in the British SAS - and took the brunt.

During the Italian Campaign of 1943 and 1944, 100,000 Free French soldiers fought on the Allied side, notably in the fighting on the Winter Line and Gustav Line. By the time of the Normandy Invasion, the Free French forces numbered more than 400,000 strong. 900 Free French paratroopers in the British Special Air Service Brigade (S.A.S.), the Free French 2nd Armoured Division, under General Leclerc, landed at Utah Beach in Normandy on 1 August 1944, and eventually led the drive towards Paris, whilst the divisions which had been fighting in Italy became part of the French First Army, under General Jean de Lattre de Tassigny, and joined the U.S. 7th Army in Operation Dragoon. This operation was the Allied invasion of southern France. The Allied forces advanced up the line of the Rhône River to liberate the Vosges and southern Alsace.

You clearly cannot read Pal. If you think this is to do with the French then your English is about as good as my neighbour.
They live there you sick ******.

Are you trying to make yourself look foolish ? Doing a great job so far. Well done.

Guest KingCharles1st
they fought and saw their brothers and comrades die to give us our freedoms - which Gordon Brown abuses to serve his own vanity.

His presence there is mocking the dead heroes and their honour. Booing is completely correct.

You are so right

Then you're a disgrace too. What a nation of yobbish oiks Britain has become. Disrespectful and disgusting.

People (like my Dad) that fought on the Normandy beaches must be turning in their graves at the sick spectacle that these stupid old men have made of our once great nation.

Respect is to be earned not demanded

Respect is to be earned not demanded

I agree.

Did the people who fought on the D Day beaches not earn it? Of those alive I have yet to see any that "demanded" it.

Those people that disrespected the occasion should know better.

Brown is owed no great respect nor has he earned it, nor any other politician IMO.

Are we about to enter a Pantomine scenario? :unsure:

GB's government already has. On this thread, however, I thought my explanation would be so flagrantly transparent that I couldn't bother typing it in.

But in short 'no we're not'