House Price Crash Forum

In Your Opinion Is Globalism A Form Of High Treason - Poll

Guest vicmac64

HOLA441
I buy whats on the shelves.

And for me I would be happy to see only UK manufactured products on the shelves, and only UK sourced food.

Mabye if we didnt import this stuff we would have seen our house prices rise 400%, and ourselves, our children, and their children wouldnt be paying off this Governments debts that are a direct sympton of it.

Globalisation brought down the financial system, and its also bringing society down with it too.

This Globalisation is the Endgame - a Satanic Corruption!

It's the Corrupt Global Master Monopoly of the "Dutch East Indies Company" + "British East India Company" combined, on steroids!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest vicmac64

courtesy of WilkapediaGlobalism is an ideology that emphasizes the current trend toward international organizations and institutions. In politics, globalism can also be defined as being pro-globalization. Globalization is the integration of states, through increasing contact, communication, and trade, to create a common global culture for all humanity.[1]

Globalism may be contrasted with regionalism or nationalism. In politics, regionalism is a political ideology that focuses on the interests of a particular region or group of regions, whether traditional or formal (administrative divisions, country subdivisions, political divisions, subnational units). Regionalism centers on increasing the region's influence and political power, either through movements for limited form of autonomy (devolution, states' rights, decentralization) or through stronger measures for a greater degree of autonomy (sovereignty, separatism, independence). Regionalists often favor loose federations or confederations over a unitary state with a strong central government. Regionalism may be contrasted with nationalism.

While globalism is an ideology, globalization denotes a process of increased global interconnection. Globalization is an element of globalism.

Other beliefs encompassed by globalism include:

The idea of a central world government.

The idea that global governance is better than national advantage.

The idea of "harmonizing" national laws into and under a global body of law.

The idea that autonomy of nations is related to inferior or antisocial urges.

The notion that international trade agreements should be signed for a higher purpose despite disadvantages to either party.

Some authors (notably Joseph Nye) treat globalism as a benign point of view related to inevitable processes. Dictionary definitions emphasize globalism as a political belief or policy.

Other authors (Francesco Stipo) believe that world is evolving towards a unitary framework, where different organized communities cooperate to prevent conflicts and promote the progress of humanity. [2]

Globalism has become more popular since various Nobel Prize work on non-zero-sum games. This work indicates that in some games the total size of the "pot" may increase through cooperation, and applies it to macroeconomics. Naive over-application of this science causes politicians to emphasize cooperation in all macroeconomic markets of any good or service. Yet some goods do not increase with cooperation: notably oil, natural gas, copper, rare earths and other raw materials.

It is notable that the Constitution of the United States can be construed as an anti-globalist document. The works of Karl Marx may be seen as pro-globalist.

Educate me.

I looked up "Globalism" in my dictionary and it is not there.

It could mean lots of things...

For example - trans-National bodies (like the EEC or United Nations), multi-national Corporations, free-trade.

Or as it's an "ism" do you mean some kind of ideology related to these things?

When you say treason I assume you mean something against the national interest. Do you mean Great Britain? (or England or Scotland) or "the Queen" meaning counties of which she is nominally head of state.

Just explain what you mean. I think that's why other posters are using words like "stupid".

It clearly means something to you, but I can't vote unless I understand the question.

HOLA443
Guest vicmac64

Get a new dictionary - I have posted Wilkapedias definition of the word. Now you cna't claim to be uneducated as to what the term Globalisation means.

Educate me.

I looked up "Globalism" in my dictionary and it is not there.

It could mean lots of things...

For example - trans-National bodies (like the EEC or United Nations), multi-national Corporations, free-trade.

Or as it's an "ism" do you mean some kind of ideology related to these things?

When you say treason I assume you mean something against the national interest. Do you mean Great Britain? (or England or Scotland) or "the Queen" meaning counties of which she is nominally head of state.

Just explain what you mean. I think that's why other posters are using words like "stupid".

It clearly means something to you, but I can't vote unless I understand the question.

HOLA444

I tend to be against Globalism as it actually operates - as a global elite taking transnational decisions with little or no input from their electorates (if they have them).

For all of Gordon Brown's plethora of faults, the worst for me is his clear belief that his main duty as British Prime Minister is not to advance the interests of the British people, but to act as a kind of maintenance engineer for the global economy. If putting in a fix for the international banking system involves screwing British taxpayers, then so be it.

There obviously needs to be international ties and international trade, but the practice of a small global elite putting together fixes for powerful lobby groups is clearly undemocratic. That said, I think the whole system is doomed, and both nationalist and localist agendas will increasingly come to the fore.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Globalism serves no purpose other than to line corporations pockets for short term gains. It will be the host nations that have to pick up the mess and the tab when it all goes horribly wrong.

True, this was one of the problems Russia was facing, until Putin stepped in and threw out all the neoliberal looters from his land. This stepping on the toes of the elite has meant he has been demonized in the Western media ever since. Will we find a true patriot to do the same?

HOLA449

We don't have Globalisem, what we have is freedom for corporations to exploit the current inequalities between nations to their own short term advantage. A truly Global civilisation would not tolorate the extreme differences that now exist in living standards from one region to another.

Current 'globalisation' is not designed to eradicate poverty but to exploit it for profit- the very last thing the current supporters of Globalisation would want is a globalisation of living standards for the masses- they like their pools of cheap labour to remain poor- that's how profits are made.

HOLA4410
We don't have Globalisem, what we have is freedom for corporations to exploit the current inequalities between nations to their own short term advantage. A truly Global civilisation would not tolorate the extreme differences that now exist in living standards from one region to another.

Current 'globalisation' is not designed to eradicate poverty but to exploit it for profit - the very last thing the current supporters of Globalisation would want is a globalisation of living standards for the masses - they like their pools of cheap labour to remain poor- that's how profits are made.

Bingo.

It's not about us, it's about them.

HOLA4411

The poll is useless because there is no agreement as to what the term means. 64 himself is very confused.

I took it to mean what it has meant, open and global free trade. However, it now seems to be talked about on this thread as political supra-nationalism, like the EU.

Very different. I know this is well beyond 64, but he should try and set out in clear terms exactly what he is in favour of, not against, but what set of policies he would intact, then ask for a poll on that agenda.

He won't.

HOLA4412
our rights to be British and our rights to have and control our own Government.

What about our rights to be Hampshiremen? Abolish Westminster government, Break up the Union, independent county-states.

HOLA4413
Globalism serves no purpose other than to line corporations pockets for short term gains. It will be the host nations that have to pick up the mess and the tab when it all goes horribly wrong.

Globalisation is causing more poverty, more wars, more human suffering than at any time in our history.

World Government is bad, whether its behind closed doors as is the case today, or out in the open. The people dont want it, and its the will of the people that will stop it.

I'll 2nd that. It has destroyed entire countries where once bilateral agreements once existed. It has also caused enviromental damage to once settled enviroments.

The beneficiary's are the corporations and banks. Now they are going to the wall. Bang.

HOLA4414

How can it be high treason? If it is high treason, against whom has it been committed? Definitely not against the monarch because she has given royal assent to any neccesary 'globalisation' legislation and so is implicated alongside 'her' governments! Either the Queen is complicit an the whole thing or she is powerless, which proves that the monarchy is pointless!

HOLA4415

I think that globalisation as it actually is, as opposed to how right wing nutters imagine it, is clearly bad for the vast majority of people both here and abroad, it isnt and linely will never be a good thing. Luckily as oil becomes expensive it will die off anyway.

Insofar as it can be seen as treason to undermine your own countries interests I'd say a good deal of what has been done by politicians and businessmen probably qualifies as treason.

HOLA4416
Guest vicmac64

Correct - they need a real dose of 'we the people' to sort their arrogance out.

Bingo.

It's not about us, it's about them.

HOLA4417
Guest vicmac64

We the people had a man that set the order of things right as far as the Monarchy and its relationship to the parliament of the people - the treason as a consequence is committed against the people.

How can it be high treason? If it is high treason, against whom has it been committed? Definitely not against the monarch because she has given royal assent to any neccesary 'globalisation' legislation and so is implicated alongside 'her' governments! Either the Queen is complicit an the whole thing or she is powerless, which proves that the monarchy is pointless!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

the treason as a consequence is committed against the people.
Ah, like 'pick-n-mix' treason! So if I support Oxford in the Boat Race, anyone who supports Cambridge is committing high treason against me.

HOLA4420
Guest LongBlackKilt
Ah, like 'pick-n-mix' treason! So if I support Oxford in the Boat Race, anyone who supports Cambridge is committing high treason against me.

Can you vote for low treason?

HOLA4421
Guest vicmac64

No - if you subvert the democratic process and seek on behalf of a foreign power / powers to dilute the powers of the parliament of the people of the United Kingdom - this is treason.

We the People need to assert our British Rights.

HOLA4422

I agree somewhat that the acts carried out by successive governments could be construed as Treason, as power and the ability to govern independently ones own country has been gradually shifted towards the EU, and the Lisbon Treaty (EU Constitution) is another nail in the coffin for British Sovereignty. What started out as the Common Market has snowballed into what we have now. Whether this has been intentionally planned from however far back (Beginning of Bilderberg ? End of WWII?) is one for the conspiracy theorists to mull over.

I don't particularly like the idea of unelected Brussels beaurocrats attempting to determine how I live my life and by what rules, we do need to trade with Europe and indeed the rest of the world but we do not need to trade our Sovereignty and indeed our liberties and inalienble rights in the process.

I don't like what's happening, whether or not we will be able to stop it is another matter.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Globalism is like gravity. It happens. Any you imagine it has hands.

Deal with it!

Gravity is a universal fact, globalism is a blip in history reliant on a whole slew of factors such as abundant and cheap fossil fuel and sympathetic government from the main world power. The two are about as dissimilar as they could be yet here you are asserting their similarity..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4425

the only winners in globalisation are the rich. i agree with laurejohn's post. i don't agree with king bingo's post, i suspect he's one of the winners of globalisation.

globalisation will continue with britain or without her but if the british people did not want globalisation then if the political will was there then we could opt out.

Archived