• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Sell, sell, sell.

http://www.igindex.co.uk/

If in doubt, sell.

Bob they're not futures.

Thats an index thats supposed to represent the DOW as it currently is.

Bloomberg has futures down 350 at 7413, so futures are cheaper than current prices i'm sure there'll be a technical term for this which one of the whizz kids could enlighten us to.

HOLA444
Bob they're not futures.

Bloomberg has futures down 350 at 7413, so futures are cheaper than current prices i'm sure there'll be a technical term for this which one of the whizz kids could enlighten us to.

That web page is pretty with all those flashing colours.

HOLA445
Bob they're not futures.

My apologes Slurms, I was told by another bunch of HPCers they were.

I stand corrected, sir.

Whatever they are we haven't seen these falls for a while.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
That web page is pretty with all those flashing colours.

Yip she sure is, remind me again is red good?

My apologes Slurms, I was told by another bunch of HPCers they were.

I stand corrected, sir.

Whatever they are we haven't seen these falls for a while.

Ah it's no biggy (the mistake i mean), what you'll see is above the DOW, is a FTSE index this is used to measure what people think the markets would be if they were open now, so sometimes yes some posters will look at it at say seven in the morning and call it a futures index as its a good guide to how the markets will open in London.

My understanding of a true futures index though is it's bets on the state of the market in 3 months time (although i could be wrong)

Edited by slurms mackenzie

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Ah it's no biggy (the mistake i mean), what you'll see is above the DOW, is a FTSE index this is used to measure what people think the markets would be if they were open now, so sometimes yes some posters will look at it at say seven in the morning and call it a futures index as its a good guide to how the markets will open in London.

My understanding of a true futures index though is it's bets on the state of the market in 3 months time (although i could be wrong)

I think the site has died, maybe it couldn't take the losses!

EDIT: it's OK, but the FTSE should now dive.

Edited by renterbob

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You are correct. March, June, September, and December for the FTSE, Dow and S&P

The difference in the price between the future and the spot underlying (what's quoted on the news) is the "cost of carry" related to interest rates.

A very profitable day today

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
muwahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

100% correct, guaranteed.

:lol::lol:

Technically speaking, you've proved today in a number of threads that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. We all know the market is correcting. This is purely a reaction ot GM. Do you even know how many '-ve points' are required to qualify for a DOW "crash"?

-254 points is not a crash!

Here, have a read:- http://www.cnbc.com/id/29959783

Don't get me wrong, I want the DOW down asap for my own selfish reasons..... but please keep things in perspective dear, for those who don't know about these things.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Wonga

HOLA4424
Technically speaking, you've proved today in a number of threads that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. We all know the market is correcting. This is purely a reaction ot GM. Do you even know how many '-ve points' are required to qualify for a DOW "crash"?

Don't get me wrong, I want the DOW down asap for my own selfish reasons..... but please keep things in perspective dear, for those who don't know about these things.

not a crash but a fair indication that fear is returning to the market, something may start doing pretty well again soon ;)

HOLA4425

Your having a larf if you rely on the jokers at CNBC to boost your credibility.

As for GOM he is well aware that this is a secular bear market which has probably got a lot more legs on the downside to go since the preceding bubble is going to require something more than a mere 50% correction to clear out all the deadbeats. He also knows that such markets are usually more noted for their spectacular rallies rather than declines so there is no need to patronise him. As for markets crashing one glance at the major world indexes suggest to me that event has already occurred over the past year.

Anyway stocks are just a side dish in this crisis. The real risks are elsewhere

Edited by up2nogood