Photo
- - - - -

Gordon Brown Is Obsessed With Settling Scores. New Book Out.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 eric pebble

eric pebble

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,797 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

The fury of a wounded man: A new book says Gordon Brown is obsessed with settling scores - and convinced he's the only man who can save the world economy.

The door of No 10 had closed behind Gordon and Sarah Brown and they’d walked hand-in-hand with their two sons down Downing Street.

It was a touching image — and, for many, the last glimpse of the man who’d plotted and schemed for so many years to become Prime Minister.

What next? Deep down, Brown felt intensely vulnerable and wasn’t at all sure what to do.

Gordon Brown delivered a 35-minute, rage-fuelled speech in the House of Commons in July against News International
As an ordinary MP, he didn’t feel comfortable going to the House of Commons, where he feared he might be humiliated. Nor was he keen to present himself to the Tories as a potential target.

Much of those first few weeks were spent on the telephone, talking to friends across the world — including Bob Geldof — about possible future roles.

In the meantime, Brown had his Scottish constituency and opportunities to do community work. Which was all very well, but he was finding it peculiarly hard to accept that he was no longer Prime Minister.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1YsAqNMqt

Edited by eric pebble, 24 September 2011 - 12:36 PM.

What the media today are still not telling us in full - for some reason the lid is being kept on the whole story:
HERE IN THE UK: THE UK SUB-PRIME CATASTROPHE - IT IS NOT ONLY IN AMERICA!! THE UK LIAR LOAN INDUSTRY - Source of FICTITIOUS "MONEY", and the principle driver of the House "Price" Pyramid/Ponzi Scam & Bubble, the "Credit Crunch" - and an unacknowledged major part of and cause of the ensuing Worldwide Financial Crash.
---------------------
The following was reported in a superb documentary in late 2003 - This is now over 10 years ago!! Since then shamefully little has been done here in the UK by journalists/broadcasters to dig down deep on this story - a vast elephant in the room: Why? If you're a serious journalist - here's your story - start investigating - it is the biggest financial scandal of all time:

THE ARTICLES BELOW ARE FROM AS FAR BACK AS 2003!!

Mortgage customers 'urged to lie' - All this was way back in 2003 by the way!!
Housebuyers are being encouraged to break the law in order to obtain huge mortgages, the BBC has discovered. Brokers, and even banking staff, have been telling buyers to lie about their incomes to get bigger and bigger loans. And these underhand tactics could also be the reason why house prices have gone on rising for so long.
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3222053.stm

"Could you believe that a bank would invite customers to defraud it? It may sound incredible, but that is what some of Britain's biggest mortgage lenders have in effect been doing."
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3478635.stm

The BBC Money Programme uncovers massive mortgage fraud [2003!]: BBC TWO's The Money Programme has revealed a huge mortgage fraud with brokers from some of Britain's biggest estate agents and financial advice groups advising customers to break the law and lie about their incomes to get massively bigger mortgages. And it shows how the illicit cash raised by this method has been pouring into the housing market, boosting prices and leaving many people risking financial ruin.
CLICK HERE http://www.bbc.co.uk..._mortgage.shtml

AND READ THIS: - http://www.housepric...howtopic=152508
-----------------------------
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE 2003/4 DOCUMENTARY HERE: -
Click on parts 2 & 3 as you go along watching this video.
------------------------------
AND WATCH THE LATEST VIDEO OF LIAR LOANS STILL IN ACTION HERE in 2008 - http://news.sky.com/.../20080641317257

#2 newbie

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

It was a touching image — and, for many, the last glimpse of the man who’d plotted and schemed for so many years to become Prime Minister.

Who becomes PM without many years of plotting and scheming?

Edited by newbie, 24 September 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#3 eric pebble

eric pebble

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,797 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

Jeez...... Brown sounds even worse than I thought....

And as for that C NT Ed B0ll0cks Balls -- ..... :blink: :ph34r: :wacko: :wacko: - well....... He's off the scale in awfulness....
What the media today are still not telling us in full - for some reason the lid is being kept on the whole story:
HERE IN THE UK: THE UK SUB-PRIME CATASTROPHE - IT IS NOT ONLY IN AMERICA!! THE UK LIAR LOAN INDUSTRY - Source of FICTITIOUS "MONEY", and the principle driver of the House "Price" Pyramid/Ponzi Scam & Bubble, the "Credit Crunch" - and an unacknowledged major part of and cause of the ensuing Worldwide Financial Crash.
---------------------
The following was reported in a superb documentary in late 2003 - This is now over 10 years ago!! Since then shamefully little has been done here in the UK by journalists/broadcasters to dig down deep on this story - a vast elephant in the room: Why? If you're a serious journalist - here's your story - start investigating - it is the biggest financial scandal of all time:

THE ARTICLES BELOW ARE FROM AS FAR BACK AS 2003!!

Mortgage customers 'urged to lie' - All this was way back in 2003 by the way!!
Housebuyers are being encouraged to break the law in order to obtain huge mortgages, the BBC has discovered. Brokers, and even banking staff, have been telling buyers to lie about their incomes to get bigger and bigger loans. And these underhand tactics could also be the reason why house prices have gone on rising for so long.
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3222053.stm

"Could you believe that a bank would invite customers to defraud it? It may sound incredible, but that is what some of Britain's biggest mortgage lenders have in effect been doing."
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3478635.stm

The BBC Money Programme uncovers massive mortgage fraud [2003!]: BBC TWO's The Money Programme has revealed a huge mortgage fraud with brokers from some of Britain's biggest estate agents and financial advice groups advising customers to break the law and lie about their incomes to get massively bigger mortgages. And it shows how the illicit cash raised by this method has been pouring into the housing market, boosting prices and leaving many people risking financial ruin.
CLICK HERE http://www.bbc.co.uk..._mortgage.shtml

AND READ THIS: - http://www.housepric...howtopic=152508
-----------------------------
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE 2003/4 DOCUMENTARY HERE: -
Click on parts 2 & 3 as you go along watching this video.
------------------------------
AND WATCH THE LATEST VIDEO OF LIAR LOANS STILL IN ACTION HERE in 2008 - http://news.sky.com/.../20080641317257

#4 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,481 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Brown has problems with debt....I can't believe that! :lol:

What's more, unlike Tony Blair and his high-earning wife Cherie, he had to face the fact that he and Sarah had significant debts.

Indeed, in his final months in No 10, Brown had been plagued by anxiety about how on earth he was going to manage to look after the family if he lost the election.

So it was the last straw when, out of the blue, the Cabinet Office suddenly sent Brown a series of bills for food and drink he'd consumed in office. He was, say friends, extremely angry.

there's more :lol:

But the book didn’t come easily. As he worked on it last autumn, the atmosphere around him grew so intense that Sarah had to leave their home in North Queensferry, Scotland, for London.

She felt, say friends, that he was sucking the energy out of her — just when she needed to concentrate on completing her own book.

Edited by Wen not Hu, 24 September 2011 - 01:29 PM.

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#5 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts
  • About Me:Mad as hell

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

What's more, unlike Tony Blair and his high-earning wife Cherie, he had to face the fact that he and Sarah had significant debts.

Irony overload! :lol:

#6 Oh Well :(

Oh Well :(

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Surely the way out of debt is to borrow more? He would know that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 leicestersq

leicestersq

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Surely the way out of debt is to borrow more? He would know that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he hadn't sold his own gold just over twelve years ago, he wouldn't have a problem.

Not sure someone earning nearly over two hundred grand a year in a free house, and now on three times the median income, can have a debt problem. That might not be true.

#8 kenzdawg

kenzdawg

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I don`t get some people`s obsession with Brown`s gold sale. Compared to the some six trillion HMG has spent over the last 10 years the notional losses to the treasury don`t even amount to a rounding error in the UK`s budget. There`s no telling conspiracy minded gold bugs that governments just don't give a toss about gold.
'The cause of problems is solutions' -Eric Savereid.

'Don't take investment advice from people who think the world is about to end' - Me.

#9 Si1

Si1

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,145 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Irony overload! :lol:

he screwed his own finances

he screwed the labour party's finances

he screwed the nation's finances

deeply tragic

#10 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

I don`t get some people`s obsession with Brown`s gold sale.

[i] It's Gordon Brown. That alone is reason enough for me

[ii] It was the incompetent way it was done. Announcing it in advance, selling by auction, selling at the very bottom of the market. There was no way to fook up that sale any more than he did.

And we're not the only ones who think it's important:

Gordon Brown has been ordered to release information before the general election about his controversial decision to sell Britain's gold reserves

It is understood that Mr Brown pushed ahead with the sale despite serious misgivings at the Bank of England. It is not thought that senior Bank experts were even consulted about the decision, which was driven through by a small group of senior Treasury aides close to Mr Brown.

LINK

#11 kenzdawg

kenzdawg

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

[i] It's Gordon Brown. That alone is reason enough for me

[ii] It was the incompetent way it was done. Announcing it in advance, selling by auction, selling at the very bottom of the market. There was no way to fook up that sale any more than he did.

And we're not the only ones who think it's important:

LINK

Only because they`re making political mischief. I carry no torch for Gordon Brown, but truly the sums involved were piffling.
'The cause of problems is solutions' -Eric Savereid.

'Don't take investment advice from people who think the world is about to end' - Me.

#12 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

'problems with debt?'

Must be that skipload of broken mobile phones behind number ten...
'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#13 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

Problems with debt, doesn't he have a gold plate pension/handshake or whatever? The scumbag should should see his days out working in the mines. It's good though that he resurfaces to put the final nails in the labour party coffin.

#14 Si1

Si1

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,145 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Problems with debt, doesn't he have a gold plate pension/handshake or whatever? The scumbag should should see his days out working in the mines. It's good though that he resurfaces to put the final nails in the labour party coffin.

he will have a decent MP's pension

#15 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

he will have a decent MP's pension

Tony Blair's $43 million payoff from the Kuwaitis must rankle with Gordon. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users