House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
19 minutes ago, 24 year mortgage 8itch said:

I'm not normally that curious but when you see people pin there flag to particular cause and do their best to promote in the way they can, I can't help but wonder what the back story is?

What can one possibly do that is so dependent on the whole circus? It's always about money, isn't it?

Not everything is always about money, not for me any way. The ones with everything about money have lost this referendum. Too bad.

HOLA442
6 minutes ago, F-sake said:

Not everything is always about money, not for me any way. The ones with everything about money have lost this referendum. Too bad.

I wasn't on about the Brexiteers. 

I can usually fathom the necessary mix of misplaced patriotism and latent prejudice for them. It's the unnerving air of superiority that comes from the other side I struggle with :D

HOLA443
HOLA444

I'd call Farage a quisling if he had anybody to collude with.

He's just an opportunistic coward... packing his bags... feeding ravenously off of the discord of the 'leave' campaign wake.

Seeya jerkoff. Thanks for riling up the country and leaving it in a mess.

Hope santa brings you a$$ cancer for crimbo!

http://uk.businessinsider.com/nigel-farage-will-leave-britain-if-brexit-is-a-disaster-2017-3

Nigel Farage will abandon the UK if Brexit is a disaster, the former UKIP leader said on Monday night.

Similar thoughts to the MP's who are fecking with us all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39417715

A number of Brexit-backing MPs walked out of a private meeting of the Commons Brexit Select Committee in protest at a report they claimed was "too gloomy".

_95352291_mediaitem95352290.jpg

JS92738860.jpg

When oh when are a lot of you going to admit you're still believing the narrative?

HOLA445
18 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

I'd call Farage a quisling if he had anybody to collude with.

He's just an opportunistic coward... packing his bags... feeding ravenously off of the discord of the 'leave' campaign wake.

Seeya jerkoff. Thanks for riling up the country and leaving it in a mess.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/nigel-farage-will-leave-britain-if-brexit-is-a-disaster-2017-3

Similar thoughts to the MP's who are fecking with us all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39417715

_95352291_mediaitem95352290.jpg

JS92738860.jpg

When oh when are a lot of you going to admit you're still believing the narrative?

I'd forgotten how lovely you were.

And by lovely, I meant deeply unpleasant.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, cashinmattress said:

That link simply gives us some out-of-context edited comments.  Farage is right, it is pretty rare for politicians to apologise, (and even rarer for them to face any real consequences for their dishonesty).  Look at Cameron, Clegg et al.

You come across very emotional for an engineer.  Most people are resigned to this happening now whether they voted for it or not.

It's very unlikely to ruin the country much more than it already is.  Even the treasury experts model a 9.5% reduction in what GDP would have been, over several years.  A reduction in GDP growth that's all.

At best, we could see the predicted advantages materialise.  No-one knows yet.

HOLA447
4 hours ago, kzb said:

That link simply gives us some out-of-context edited comments.  Farage is right, it is pretty rare for politicians to apologise, (and even rarer for them to face any real consequences for their dishonesty).  Look at Cameron, Clegg et al.

You come across very emotional for an engineer.  Most people are resigned to this happening now whether they voted for it or not.

It's very unlikely to ruin the country much more than it already is.  Even the treasury experts model a 9.5% reduction in what GDP would have been, over several years.  A reduction in GDP growth that's all.

I listened to st nigel of farage last night and all he did was a ckassuc bit of misdirection along the lines of "all the other politicians before me are lying t055ers and now its my turn"

Hes a sh1t

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA448
HOLA449
1 hour ago, kzb said:

I personally think that 9.5% is a deeply conversative amount, especially if imports and exports cannot get clearance through customs, and our services cannot get continuing access to the single market.  Brexit could be a massive success if the govt went for a full transitional deal before completely reforming the relationship with the EU...However, with Mrs May effectively rejecting that, I am deeply skeptical about our chances.  If we go to WTO, we will get what we've wanted for the last ten years or so.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
13 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Re the bill. Davis: "we will meet our international obligations"....a "legal" as opposed to a nonsense "scientific" calculation of so-called "commitments"....

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-27/u-k-s-davis-says-brexit-bill-will-be-nothing-like-sums-floated

To be honest, this could be a big sticking point for negotiations that was unreasonably thrown into the pot by the EU and a source of renewed volatility for a while. I have bought plenty of dollars, taking advantage of its recent weakness.

Wait until they see our bill to help towards their defence for the last God knows how long.

I estimate we'll need to pay about £80bn by the time negotiations are over if GBP continues to weaken.

We could just suspend the NHS for a year, that would cover the gap. Also I note we will see a surge in immigration over the next 2 years as MEPs will block closing free movement until 2019.

Personally I think the UK Government will get no deal, at which point MPs will refuse to accept that and then we'll be spotted crawling back into the UK.

Basically Brexit is taking the UK back to dark ages, and MPs won't put up with that. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

ccc - Do you feel that independence is inevitable yet?

Think we chatted about this a few weeks ago.

Short term not at all. There's a growing anger i feel around the SNP's general behaviour. Some SNP voters are even getting sick of it.

Long term who knows.

HOLA4414
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, RentingForever said:

Clegg now harping on about how it's "the young who will suffer" from Brexit.

Not as much as they did from your betrayal over tuition fees, you berk!

What a c*** Clegg is. Speaks five languages and can't tell the truth in any of them.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Quite a few comments on the news programmes tonight that are not going to impose a cut off date on FoM rights for EU citizens who arrive before we Brexit. I suppose that won't be a surprise to many on here but I can see it going down badly with many Leave voters.

You can pick through the EU detritus all you want, no UK/EU benefits = no EU FoM.

I wonder why that is? Hmmm... what could it be?.... It's on the tip of my tongue.... Nah. It's gone! :lol:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
4 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I estimate we'll need to pay about £80bn by the time negotiations are over if GBP continues to weaken.

We could just suspend the NHS for a year, that would cover the gap. Also I note we will see a surge in immigration over the next 2 years as MEPs will block closing free movement until 2019.

Personally I think the UK Government will get no deal, at which point MPs will refuse to accept that and then we'll be spotted crawling back into the UK.

Basically Brexit is taking the UK back to dark ages, and MPs won't put up with that. 

...you are the type who is not required in the UK ...we are stronger than enough to become a nation that will break away from the shackles which is  a crumbling set up known  as the EU..non democratic comprising of MEPs with no power and the unelected monopolise  all the power ...boo hoo to that ..you are the Lord Haw Haw of the 21st Century ....I don't wish you any luck ....:rolleyes:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest TheBlueCat
4 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I don't see it. I know of no one who voted to leave based on the idea that we wouldn't actually leave. Vanishingly few MPs in leave voting constituencies, of which there are around 400, will dare block it for whatever reason.