House Price Crash Forum

Grave Danger Ahead.

HOLA441

A major financial tsunami will soon hit us. It is likely to bring the international monetary system down with it. Central banks are now trying to stem the rising tide but will be overpowered by the sheer magnitude of US$ 2 Trillion in collateralised debt obligations and mortage backed securities.

Protect yourselves before it is too late.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
A major financial tsunami will soon hit us. It is likely to bring the international monetary system down with it. Central banks are now trying to stem the rising tide but will be overpowered by the sheer magnitude of US$ 2 Trillion in collateralised debt obligations and mortage backed securities.

How?

HOLA443
Guest Bart of Darkness

Hi cgnao, good to see you posting here again. There were a good few of us I'm sure who were wondering what had happened to you.

How?

I think gold would feature quite a llot in cgnao's answer.

HOLA444

Good to see you back. Hope you've been well.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

[sopranos mode]

Hooooo! Look who it is!

[/sopranos mode]

Edited by needle

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

cgnao, dragged up one of your quotes......................

Anyone for terminal inflation stage?

Bank Of England Faces Policy Headache

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=17713&hl=

We've had inflation for years. It showed in financial assets first, then the housing market. Now it is spilling over to everything.

It's happened before in history. Jens O. Parsson’s book “Dying of Money” explains where we are.

“Everyone loves an early inflation. The effects at the beginning of inflation are all good. There is steepened money expansion, rising government spending, increased government budget deficits, booming stock markets, and spectacular general prosperity, all in the midst of temporarily stable prices. Everyone benefits, and no one pays. That is the early part of the cycle. In the later inflation, on the other hand, the effects are all bad. The government may steadily increase the money inflation in order to stave off the latter effects, but the latter effects patiently wait. In the terminal inflation, there is faltering prosperity, tightness of money, falling stock markets, rising taxes, still larger government deficits, and still roaring money expansion, now accompanied by soaring prices and ineffectiveness of al traditional remedies. Everyone pays and no one benefits. That is the full cycle of every inflation.”

HOLA4412
Guest Cletus VanDamme
Just been checking out some of the OP's other posts. I recommend anyone else who hasn't encountered this poster do the same

He sounds eerily like Goldfinger to me, with a bit of Bruno thrown in for good measure.

Anyone who bought gold at $720 when he was telling them to last year (when the dollar was 20% .stronger than it is now) has lost out I would say.

Gold's looking good now at $654 though

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

BIS report (the central bank of central banks) - effectively telling us what's going to happen...

Credit crunch will 'shred investment portfolios to ribbons'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...cncrunch102.xml

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Gold sucks. Its the worst investment possible. The only time it comes into its own as an investment is the time when you should be buying a gun. :ph34r:

I agree. Chickens are the way forward. They breed, produce edible off-shoots and can be eaten if needs be. In the event of social breakdown it's going to take a hell of a lot of gold to buy one of my chickens.

HOLA4417
Gold sucks. Its the worst investment possible. The only time it comes into its own as an investment is the time when you should be buying a gun. :ph34r:

That's possibly because gold is not really an investment. It's cash. Heavily manipulated (suppressed) cash.

HOLA4418
I agree. Chickens are the way forward. They breed, produce edible off-shoots and can be eaten if needs be. In the event of social breakdown it's going to take a hell of a lot of gold to buy one of my chickens.

I would buy some (with my gold). But then, where could I buy a chicken-forward? That might come cheaper. :lol:

HOLA4419
I would buy some (with my gold). But then, where could I buy a chicken-forward? That might come cheaper. :lol:

NOoooo! The last thing you want to do in a depression is buy anything forward. Spot purchase everything - what you cannot eat, live in or burn today can always be bought cheaper tomorrow.

Remember, buying a house with a fixed rate mortgage is just the same as going long on a series of forward contracts to cover your future rental outgoings. Rent houses on the spot market during a depression and keep negotiating the spot price down.

HOLA4420
Guest Bart of Darkness

However, if I buy a gun instead of gold, I can have all of your chickens, not just one.

Of course, if I bought a golden gun (ala. Scaramanga) I'd surely have the best of both worlds. :)

I feel like chicken tonight, chicken tonight.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
How do you protect yourself?, nobody even knows what risk they are holding or where they got it from because it has been cut up and resold and squished together so many times.

there are

known knowns

known unknowns

and

unknown unknowns

HOLA4424
HOLA4425