House Price Crash Forum

Horse Price Crash

Dylan

HOLA441
HOLA442

Great thread title!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This should be on the 'House prices in your area' under 'Bucks', because its a really good indicator of the financial stresses coming to bear on the supposedly affluent Home Counties.

Edited by juvenal

HOLA443
HOLA444

So, lots of dead horses...

... do they sell the corpses afterwards? If the charity is short of cash to feed abandoned horses then it could make a fair bit out of hocking the horseflesh to the French.

Pretty sad really, people taking on animals that they cannot afford to care for. If I ever had a pet, I'd make sure it got a meal before I did.

Edited by DementedTuna

HOLA445
HOLA446
So, lots of dead horses...

... do they sell the corpses afterwards? If the charity is short of cash to feed abandoned horses then it could make a fair bit out of hocking the horseflesh to the French.

Pretty sad really, people taking on animals that they cannot afford to care for. If I ever had a pet, I'd make sure it got a meal before I did.

Oh, just wait for it, along with offal, horsemeat will become 'trendy' in the broadsheets.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I met a lady a few weeks ago who has bought 6 international standard dressage horses in the last 6 years. She doesn't work, her husband is in the army.

Can we all say mew? :blink:

I myself am enjoying Horsepricecrash as yesterday I picked up a Stubben Scandica saddle on ebay for 300 euros - new price = 1500.

Great messages on ebay e.g., "please don't try and insult me with a low offer LIKE THE LAST PERSON as this cost me over 1000 pounds new". :lol:

Lots and lots and LOTS of high-end horse/ski stuff just not selling on ebay.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I am team manager of an equine team and we are waiting around to pick up some bargains , there are around 30 horses in our team and we compete at eventing with the cost of competing a horse at a decent level of about £10 k pa the governing body British Eventing (BE ) have not made any allowance for lower figures next year and just keep carping on about how the sport is not recession proof as a lot of people will still carry on regardless seems to be plenty of denial , presumably these people think that house prices only go up

As I said we are waiting for people to get a bit more " motivated " into achieving realistic prices for their bloodstock .I can forsee a lot of Penelopes and Philippas having to do some actual paid work next year rather than horsing around on a 5 year gap year.

BE make me laugh saying it is a sport for all and not elitist , it will be interesting to see if people still compete as many horses next year or will registrations ( therefore income ) be down. No doubt Zara will still be about in her new £300k Oakley horsebox as an example of how it is a sport for all

HOLA4412
I am team manager of an equine team and we are waiting around to pick up some bargains , there are around 30 horses in our team and we compete at eventing with the cost of competing a horse at a decent level of about £10 k pa the governing body British Eventing (BE ) have not made any allowance for lower figures next year and just keep carping on about how the sport is not recession proof as a lot of people will still carry on regardless seems to be plenty of denial , presumably these people think that house prices only go up

As I said we are waiting for people to get a bit more " motivated " into achieving realistic prices for their bloodstock .I can forsee a lot of Penelopes and Philippas having to do some actual paid work next year rather than horsing around on a 5 year gap year.

BE make me laugh saying it is a sport for all and not elitist , it will be interesting to see if people still compete as many horses next year or will registrations ( therefore income ) be down. No doubt Zara will still be about in her new £300k Oakley horsebox as an example of how it is a sport for all

What's wrong with a bit of sunday league footy? 10k pa :blink:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
The only real victims of the credit crunch. Its terrible i feel bad for these animals for having such stupid owners. Its a lifetime commitment that is honoured by the honourable.

Nail on the head. Despite all the tasteless horse jokes and puns in the thread, a lot on here will agree heartily with your sentiment.

Widespread superficiality, lack of honour and commitment, short termism and general aimlessness is a big factor in the parless state the economy and housing market have got into.