House Price Crash Forum

Darlings Statement Today 6-10-2008 Approx 3:30 Pm)

HOLA441
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
the FTSE dropped 100 points during Darling's 9 minute rant.

Not bad!

Now I wonder if he'll work out whatever is necessary.

"Whateva!!...." - Brown is becoming the Vikki Pollard of international finance

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
£ dropped to price in the 0.5% interest rate cut on Thursday with all the BoE remit talk. Hopefully it might not drop too much again Thursday.

Every time the pound drops against the dollar, I get cheaper. Here's to $1.50..

Yes, I was pretty cheap to start with.

HOLA448
Guest pioneer31
"I will do whatever is necessary.....I will do whatever is necessary.....I will do whatever is necessary......." would someone get this man off auto-repeat.

Anyone would "do whatever is necessary...."

What would be clever is if he could correctly diagnose what IS necessary and get on and DO it.

"I will do whatever is necessary = I'll get a lorry load of cash and throw into a black hole. When this doesn't work, I'll throw some more in.

HOLA449
To sure up the markets, Nu Labour will now pass the "Whatever is Necessary Act 2008".

The trouble with "whatever is necessary", it's not really a plan, it's reactive, meaningless.

A ship on a stormy ocean that's lost power, is rudderless and is being tossed about by the waves. And there aren't enough lifeboats.

'Bankers and the rich first... See you peasants.'

And all because house prices got too high. (See what I did then? :rolleyes: >> house prices.)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Brown is becoming the Vikki Pollard of international finance

LOL

OK, a summary please (as i refused to listen....it is my right I think?):- did AD say anything that was worth hearing other than for HPCers amusement?

HOLA4415
LOL

OK, a summary please (as i refused to listen....it is my right I think?):- did AD say anything that was worth hearing other than for HPCers amusement?

Limp wristed fecker I'm sorry to say Laura, he's having a meeting to-you guessed it to discuss 'whatever is necessary'

considering the options, and he's moving to Portugal with Gordon.

HOLA4416
LOL

Please stop panicking or the bunny gets it, I'll do whatever is necessary.

About sums it up :(

HOLA4417

First of all I have to admit that I did not hear the content of the speech so I may be out of order here but the impression that I get from the post-speech reports is that the Government has taken no concrete steps to resolving the situation, in other words he spoke at length without offering anything new.

The present administration have been well used to fooling the public by paying lip service to matters of great importance. The markets however aren't so stupid and won't be bought off so easily with vacuous spin and empty pledges. They need to see firm leadership and bold initiatives. Even the Paulson Bailout failed to restore confidence so what good were Darling's platitudes?

My plan : Leave work in the City tomorrow early, go see my parents, make sure they have provisions to see them through the winter then leave for Bali where my estranged wife is desperate to make up with me.

Edited by Dave Spart

HOLA4418
here here he really does need to sort them out

I agree. You get mesmerized by those eyebrows because they are so strange.

Many years ago, when I was a newly qualified solicitor, I had an appointment with the solicitor from the other side who happened to be female. The meeting took place at my firm's office and after about 30 minutes of apparently trying to negotiate a settlement I realised that I had been so distracted that nothing the other solcitor said had sunk in. It was a bit embarassing as I had to call her the next day to ask her what we had discussed. The distraction was simply that she was the most gorgeous looking woman I had ever seen in my life. I mean off the charts good looking -- we are talking Kim Bassinger at her peak level. I am not saying Alistair is in any way good looking but that physical distractions such as weird eyebrows or devastatingly good looking young women can make you miss the point.

IMO, Alistair could slowly grey his eyebrows down so that it isn't too obvious and then no one would notice. Perhaps we could start a peitition?

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4419
I agree. You get mesmerized by those eyebrows because they are so strange.

Many years ago, when I was a newly qualified solicitor, I had an appointment with the solicitor from the other side who happened to be female. The meeting took place at my firm's office and after about 30 minutes of apparently trying to negotiate a settlement I realised that I had been so distracted that nothing the other solcitor said had sunk in. It was a bit embarassing as I had to call her the next day to ask her what we had discussed. The distraction was simply that she was the most gorgeous looking woman I had ever seen in my life. I mean off the charts good looking -- we are talking Kim Bassinger at her peak level. I am not saying Alistair is in any way good looking but that physical distractions such as weird eyebrows or devastatingly good looking young women can make you miss the point.

IMO, Alistair could slowly grey his eyebrows down so that it isn't too obvious and then no one would notice. Perhaps we could start a peitition?

what is this? beauty and the bear

HOLA4420
what is this? beauty and the bear

It shows how a person's physical attributes can be a distraction! Darling's eyebrows are extremely distracting and if he had been the US Treasury Secretary you can be assured that he woud have had them toned down. Weird dark black caterpillars on your forehead when you have snow white hair is very distracting IMO--and its not a positive kind of distraction. All you think of when someone mentions the name Alistair Darling is those weird eyebrows and not his policies--whatver those are other than he is doing all he can.