House Price Crash Forum

Where Is The Bottom

Elizabeth

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I'm not sure how valid using the FTSE 100 index is considering it seems to be dominated by commodities/financials, etc. As I understand it many companies derive their profits from all over the globe and as such may not be a good indicator of the pain "the man on the street"/UK PLC is going to suffer (if this was the original intention of the poll). FTSE all-share?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Elizabeth, my point was that there is no option listed for the bottom is in, so the poll is rigged you can only vote for a bottom in the future.

Ralph I take your point, but the bottom wasn't in!

To be fair to myself I did however give you an option of 4900-5024 reflecting yesterdays closing price and also yesterday's bottom.

when i first opened this thread i thought that the options was in bandings of years :lol:

collapse until 5000AD :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: That is probably a slightly longer time line than I was predicting! The great depression was over by 1932 and things started to pump after that (particularly with the international military/industrial complex hotting up again for a big bit of biffo which they release the energy of in 1939)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
I'm not sure how valid using the FTSE 100 index is considering it seems to be dominated by commodities/financials, etc. As I understand it many companies derive their profits from all over the globe and as such may not be a good indicator of the pain "the man on the street"/UK PLC is going to suffer (if this was the original intention of the poll). FTSE all-share?

Actually commodities and big financials tend to be a bell weather of the rest of the economy. I am a simple girl so I think the reason is that commodities because they are what are used to make things and financials becasue they are what are used to buy things!

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
The great depression was over by 1932 and things started to pump after that (particularly with the international military/industrial complex hotting up again for a big bit of biffo which they release the energy of in 1939)

Indeed - what American really needs right now is a war! Who's it going to go for... Iran, Pakistan?

• 4 months later...
HOLA4421

Bump. Just want to point out that nobody need panic about the FTSE landing, it is within the range now that our punters most predicted back in Oct, and we were right about the housepricecrash, so I am betting that we are pretty good at picking this as well - it hasn't much more fall left in it.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Bump. Just want to point out that nobody need panic about the FTSE landing, it is within the range now that our punters most predicted back in Oct, and we were right about the housepricecrash, so I am betting that we are pretty good at picking this as well - it hasn't much more fall left in it.

Whoops,,

HOLA4424
HOLA4425