House Price Crash Forum

Credit Crunch Will Force More Women Towards Authenticity Because They Will No Longer Be Able To Pretend That They Are Rich Or Successful....

HOLA441
She would like nothing more than for us to arrange a marriage with a nice, kind, comfortably-off (not necessarily filthy rich, but secure) bloke who is older than her and would want to keep her at home as a pet!

she sounds lovely.

could you contemplate the thought of my his liverspotted hands exploring her young body? :P

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Sarah thinks that success is having her own place in London before age 25. Fortunately she's not stupid enough to load up on debt to do it. Well, not as much debt as she'd need anyway.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...e#StartComments

She's arguably more successful than someone 2 years older who could qualify for the necessary debt at the time and is now stuck in NegEq, but Sarah is living with her parents. She doesn't look successful on the surface.

HOLA443
Sarah thinks that success is having her own place in London before age 25. Fortunately she's not stupid enough to load up on debt to do it. Well, not as much debt as she'd need anyway.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...e#StartComments

She's arguably more successful than someone 2 years older who could qualify for the necessary debt at the time and is now stuck in NegEq, but Sarah is living with her parents. She doesn't look successful on the surface.

That article deserves a thread of its own.

HOLA444
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
whoa nelly. ive just discovered a way to electrically remove salt from sea water - saving millions of lives in the 3rd world.

now im going to put on some of those plastic 'devil horns' rent a white stretch limo and whoop it up at wetherspoons,

before ending the night being badly fµcked up the ass in a back alley by a bloke with no job and sick on his plastic shoes.

You have much more interesting weekends than me.

HOLA445
I obviously do not watch enough TV - what is Spendaholics?

Spendaholics is great, I am not sure it is on any more though, used to be a BBC 3 thing.

Each week we were shown a new victim of the "must buy now" mentality. We were then given the full details of exactly how much debt they were in, kind of like a live version of MSN debt messages.

Some patronising woman points out the flaw in their plans for spending £x million on shoes and champagne on a £15,000 salary and encourages them to cut back.

Then some even more patronising bloke (psychiatrist?!) then ruins the whole thing by takes the person aside and trys to come up with some reason (poor relationship with family/bullied at school/pet fish dying - sadly they never conclude that the person is just a divvy) for the excess spending and once they have confronted their issues they all can live happily ever after :)

HOLA446
Horse for courses. There are a lot of men who want a strong woman because

1. they want a replacement for Mum, or

2. they are dreamy types who want someone to organise life while they invent the next gadget, or

3. Are battle-hardened types who enjoy feeling they've been in a fight.

and the gene for softness pops up again - I've a daughter who has been born 150 years (or 6000 miles) out of her milieu - she would like nothing more than for us to arrange a marriage with a nice, kind, comfortably-off (not necessarily filthy rich, but secure) bloke who is older than her and would want to keep her at home as a pet! What have we done wrong!!??

She's not the one who likes to dress up with cat ears and a tail who has her own website devoted to feline fetish, is she?

She's really ******ed up. I blame her parents.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA447
The first rule of feminity: lose the ego.

Personally I'd love to have a wife who could pay me to loaf around all day doing a bit of washing and hoovering and attending lots of coffee mornings whilst I enjoy watching our children grow up. What man wouldn't? The down side of course is that you'd have to live with a controlling egomaniac who has been duped by all that Career rubbish.

My wife happily admitted to a total stranger the other day that she does none of the cooking or cleaning of the house and that she shares 50:50 all the other domestic jobs and that she rarely plays with the kids as she is no good at football or cricket (two boys). She also complains that she never gets to wear nice clothes and go out anymore though as we now work at home together. Still we enjoy each other's company and are friends after 20 odd years so it works pretty well.

I read the article and I must say there are a lot of women who do fit that pattern described there and a lot of them do seem deeply unhappy. However, I suppose there are an equally large number of men whoare unhappy.

HOLA448
HOLA449
I've a daughter who has been born 150 years (or 6000 miles) out of her milieu - she would like nothing more than for us to arrange a marriage with a nice, kind, comfortably-off (not necessarily filthy rich, but secure) bloke who is older than her and would want to keep her at home as a pet!

Where may I submit my CV? :)

HOLA4410
The only thing I've found negative to the relationship when I've dated career women is that their job is another thing for them to harp on about.

Women, why don't you just shut up for once???

A waster like you should be grateful for even the slightest sniff of a woman who'll earn more than you, ever.

HOLA4411
A waster like you should be grateful for even the slightest sniff of a woman who'll earn more than you, ever.

I do like to sniff rich women!

aaahhhhh bisto

I'd rather be with a girl that was happy in her job that didn't pay much than a girl that earned loads but was miserable.

My last GF was a solicitor and I ended it as all she ever did was talk about work instead of having fun. I hate my job too, but at least I keep it to myself.

I still think women need to keep the chatter to a minimum tho, but that's just me.

p.s. me and my last GF earned about the same :P

p.p.s. That was a sweeping generalization for the aid of comedy, I have dated women who didn't chatter all the time and I'm stupid for not keeping hold of them!

Edited by KING5TON

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
So just to clarify the ideal woman, keeps her pretty little young mouth shut, doesn't earn much if anything and hates spending money.

Bloody hell how we've moved on from the 1900's

:blink:

Have you popped in to bring us more cigars and port?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
I wasn't aware that men could get even more feminine than they already are. So yeah, maybe it's the women's turn this time, so they can catch up.

We need a museum of masculinity...

...with a fart room.

HOLA4416
In "The secret of my success" Michael J Fox's character went from post deparetment clerk to <something much better, can't remember it all now> through hard work, long hours, networking and charm. Does anyone still bother with that these days?

I think there was some shagging involved as well.

I obviously do not watch enough TV - what is Spendaholics?

50 minutes of your life that you will never get back.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
So her version of getting in touch with her femininity is to get her colours 'analysed' and have Botox? I clearly exist in some parallel universe called 'Reality'. :blink:

Oh flip. I haven't heard of 'colour analysing since... the last recession. What is that about (Botox of course was still a nasty toxin that could kill you)

HOLA4421
its known as 'chicken dipping' in the st ives dogging scene.

I've been trying to give that sort of thing up.

HOLA4422
What man wouldn't? The down side of course is that you'd have to live with a controlling egomaniac who has been duped by all that Career rubbish. [\quote]

Which is pretty much how men used to behave towards women when women had no economic power.

Men don't like being talked down to and patronised and 'controlled' by powerful women anymore than women like being treated like that by men.

What goes around comes around.

All people need to show a bit of vulnerability, some self esteem and a lot of kindness in order to be intimate with another human being. These aren't feminine traits, they are human traits. We would all do better to learn them.

HOLA4423
What man wouldn't? The down side of course is that you'd have to live with a controlling egomaniac who has been duped by all that Career rubbish.

Which is pretty much how men used to behave towards women when women had no economic power.

Men don't like being talked down to and patronised and 'controlled' by powerful women anymore than women like being treated like that by men.

What goes around comes around.

All people need to show a bit of vulnerability, some self esteem and a lot of kindness in order to be intimate with another human being. These aren't feminine traits, they are human traits. We would all do better to learn them.

I love a good thrashing from a controlling egomaniac.

HOLA4424
Rather than this becoming a career woman bashing thread I was hoping that the point that was made in the article, and which I snatched as the topic title, might be explored further.

I think the credit crunch is going to expose a great many people - BOTH male and female - to the lies of their apparent success that they have which has often manifested iself in a huge house, big cars, expensive holidays, etc, etc, and it will become clear that many thousands have built their 'success' on credit. Without credit they will be no different to you and I.

I think this will have huge impacts on our Society going forward. The 4x4s will go. Perhaps even the desire to have a huge house will go as peopel realise what a burden it is to have around their necks, etc, etc.

Discuss... well, that was what I was hoping.

I agree....it's been a source of some bemusement for a while that everyone (except me) seems to be living the life of a footballer/footballers wife.

For example 24 year old trainee accountants have sneered at my M&S suits (compared to their Armani Suits which must have cost at least 1 months salary) and I was given pitying looks by some former work colleagues when I declined the invitation of a weekends ski-ing because we couldn't afford it. Frankly they couldn't afford it either (I suspect that I was paid the same or slightly more than them at the time), but that didn't seem to bother them and they just looked down their noses at me. My reluctance to spend money I didn't have seemed to mark me out as some sort of pauper.

HOLA4425
So just to clarify the ideal woman, keeps her pretty little young mouth shut, doesn't earn much if anything and hates spending money.

Bloody hell how we've moved on from the 1900's

:blink:

All I'm asking for is a girl doesn't fill the air with vapid prattle or calls me to tell me the same story over and over in different variations.

If you want attention just take your clothes off, you'll have my undivided attention ;)

<Edited cos i cant speell, cos im thik>

Edited by KING5TON