House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Credit Crunch Will Force More Women Towards Authenticity Because They Will No Longer Be Able To Pretend That They Are Rich Or Successful....

you got to laugh how younger women see successful as looking over tanned and all brassy like jordan.

is this what the female bosses of well to do corporations look like ?

since when did a clever female research chemist discover a breakthrough in dna location

- and then inflate her tits to 38dd and go dance blind drunk in a nightclub in white shoes with a bunch of chavvy piss poor males.

whoa nelly. ive just discovered a way to electrically remove salt from sea water - saving millions of lives in the 3rd world.

now im going to put on some of those plastic 'devil horns' rent a white stretch limo and whoop it up at wetherspoons,

before ending the night being badly fµcked up the ass in a back alley by a bloke with no job and sick on his plastic shoes.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Guest An Bearin Bui
Authenticity - I think it means being more girlie-like, femminine, not men.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...inine-side.html

Wow - that poor woman really lacks self-esteem... she cites a couple of b**tards she went on dates with who criticised her and screamed at her, making her cry and then says - "I realised they were right and I had to change my ways and learn to wear more make-up, better clothes" etc... :blink:

Rather than becoming more feminine, I think she needs to grow a pair! :lol:

Wow - that poor woman really lacks self-esteem... she cites a couple of b**tards she went on dates with who criticised her and screamed at her, making her cry and then says - "I realised they were right and I had to change my ways and learn to wear more make-up, better clothes" etc... :blink:

Rather than becoming more feminine, I think she needs to grow a pair! :lol:

I dare you to post this in the comments section of that article! :lol:

We're unable to sustain meaningful unions, apparently, because men are intimidated by our intellect, threatened by our higher earning potential and turned off by our controlling, capable, yet powerful personalities.

While this has been my personal experience - I was left by the father of my daughter (now nearly five) three years ago when I was the higher earner - I think that the issue goes far deeper.

The first rule of feminity: lose the ego.

Personally I'd love to have a wife who could pay me to loaf around all day doing a bit of washing and hoovering and attending lots of coffee mornings whilst I enjoy watching our children grow up. What man wouldn't? The down side of course is that you'd have to live with a controlling egomaniac who has been duped by all that Career rubbish.

So her version of getting in touch with her femininity is to get her colours 'analysed' and have Botox? I clearly exist in some parallel universe called 'Reality'. :blink:

Edited by Mancghirl

Guest anorthosite
The first rule of feminity: lose the ego.

First rule of being a man: Don't be threatened by women and go around putting them down all the time.

First rule of being a man: Don't be threatened by women and go around putting them down all the time.

Oh come on, the ego is strong in this one, all the way through the article. I'm not threatened by her, I just don't like her.

Rather than this becoming a career woman bashing thread I was hoping that the point that was made in the article, and which I snatched as the topic title, might be explored further.

I think the credit crunch is going to expose a great many people - BOTH male and female - to the lies of their apparent success that they have which has often manifested iself in a huge house, big cars, expensive holidays, etc, etc, and it will become clear that many thousands have built their 'success' on credit. Without credit they will be no different to you and I.

I think this will have huge impacts on our Society going forward. The 4x4s will go. Perhaps even the desire to have a huge house will go as peopel realise what a burden it is to have around their necks, etc, etc.

Discuss... well, that was what I was hoping.

More like now the economy is tanking and all these talentless women in businesses such as property development (hello Kirsty), nailbars, lifestyle gurus and all other froth, have realised they'd better find a man who has a real career to latch on to.

I doubt if women with real careers such as scientists, lawyers, doctors read 'The Mail' anyway and certainly wouldn't need to follow it's advice!

Edited by markinspain

Only read as far as the journo's name Anna Pasternak. That was enough she's another that can bore the **** off you. Next week they'll all be dishing out their holiday experiences, well they've got to get someone to pay for it.

Did she write that book with James Hewit?

We're unable to sustain meaningful unions, apparently, because men are intimidated by our intellect, threatened by our higher earning potential and turned off by our controlling, capable, yet powerful personalities.

Personally, I'm not turned off by powerful and capable women at all. Far from it, in fact. However, I am utterly turned off by the sort of woman who writes "I am controlling, capable, yet powerful".

Ability? Intellect? Great things! Ego the size of Jupiter? Sorry dear, no can do.

The MSE Bankruptcy Board is populated by females congratulating and hugging each other.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=136

:ph34r:

Now, you see, I shouldn't have clicked on that link - am cross now. People posting 'statements' of financial woe - husband bringing in £300 a month (doing what?) but an income of £1200 pcm due to 'tax credits' and sundry benefits. FFS.

Grr. :angry:

Rather than this becoming a career woman bashing thread I was hoping that the point that was made in the article, and which I snatched as the topic title, might be explored further.

Sorry

I think the credit crunch is going to expose a great many people - BOTH male and female - to the lies of their apparent success that they have which has often manifested iself in a huge house, big cars, expensive holidays, etc, etc, and it will become clear that many thousands have built their 'success' on credit. Without credit they will be no different to you and I.

An episode of Spendaholics might illustrate the point a little better. The subjects therein all seem to be of a certain type (young, townies, etc) and appear to be proud to announce that when they find some overpriced handbag/gadget etc in a shop they don't think about the cost, they just buy it. But at the same time there is a slight sign of guilt in their faces - they know it's all a lie and it just can't go on any more and that 2-years-salary of debt is not going away on its own.

However, to balance that there's the idea that being in debt is becoming/has become institutionalised, with graduates the most common example. I doubt we'll see a total collapse debt-fuelled spending because it's so ingrained now in certain parts of society that having the odd splurge isn't such a bad thing. I suspect people will think a bit harder about the size of house and car they get whilst debt is more expensive and jobs are less secure but it will take a lot of brainwashing to get us to treat debt the same way our parents or grandparents did.

An episode of Spendaholics might illustrate the point a little better. The subjects therein all seem to be of a certain type (young, townies, etc) and appear to be proud to announce that when they find some overpriced handbag/gadget etc in a shop they don't think about the cost, they just buy it.

An episode of Spendaholics just serves to illustrate everything that is wrong with this country at the moment......want it now/can't afford it/buy it on credit. Up shit creek/bring in 'self help guru'/get told its not your fault by dodgy amateur psychologist who links it all to a childhood trauma.

Sad to say, nearly all the people featured are women who have bought into 'the lifestyle' punted by the media. Although sometimes, its gay men buying designer clothes. Nearly all of them have some misplaced 'I'm a little princess' type mentality, despite the fact that they are normally in menial jobs.

I notice that most of the people featured seem to be living in the south east of England.

It will sort its self out in time. These 'strong' women will be removed from the gene pool as they fail to find mates. I want a woman that show affection, not some poker faced statue. I like it, that she shows weakness, because then I can be strong to cover and protect her. This makes a man feel manly, gets his hormones pumping and thus its more orgasms for her. If she has no need of me at all, and strong means having no need, then I will have no reason to stay with her.

Just went to the MSE bankruptcy forums. Since when was walking away from your responsibility the same as dealing with it?

BSC Member 123

Officially BR 04/04/2008

Proud to have dealt with my debts.... DFW 384!

In "The secret of my success" Michael J Fox's character went from post deparetment clerk to <something much better, can't remember it all now> through hard work, long hours, networking and charm. Does anyone still bother with that these days?

£39,437 in debt Bankruptcy hearing 28/07/08

I obviously do not watch enough TV - what is Spendaholics?

A psychologist and a...well I'm not sure what expertise the other one has...find a new mug each week who has spent far more than they earn, typically on clothes, going out, pimpin' their ride etc. They investigate the mug's life by going round their unaffordable but well located flat to discover a cornucopia of expensive tat...multiple flat screen tvs, shoes that have never been worn, 50 different purfumes (and that's just the men). After working out a budget of £15/month the mug says "I can't possibly - I'd have to shop in Lidl, take sandwiches to work and not have any lattes" but it all works out nicely in the end when they realise they're poor.

It will sort its self out in time. These 'strong' women will be removed from the gene pool as they fail to find mates. I want a woman that show affection, not some poker faced statue. I like it, that she shows weakness, because then I can be strong to cover and protect her. This makes a man feel manly, gets his hormones pumping and thus its more orgasms for her. If she has no need of me at all, and strong means having no need, then I will have no reason to stay with her.

Horse for courses. There are a lot of men who want a strong woman because

1. they want a replacement for Mum, or

2. they are dreamy types who want someone to organise life while they invent the next gadget, or

3. Are battle-hardened types who enjoy feeling they've been in a fight.

and the gene for softness pops up again - I've a daughter who has been born 150 years (or 6000 miles) out of her milieu - she would like nothing more than for us to arrange a marriage with a nice, kind, comfortably-off (not necessarily filthy rich, but secure) bloke who is older than her and would want to keep her at home as a pet! What have we done wrong!!??

A psychologist and a...well I'm not sure what expertise the other one has...find a new mug each week who has spent far more than they earn, typically on clothes, going out, pimpin' their ride etc. They investigate the mug's life by going round their unaffordable but well located flat to discover a cornucopia of expensive tat...multiple flat screen tvs, shoes that have never been worn, 50 different purfumes (and that's just the men). After working out a budget of £15/month the mug says "I can't possibly - I'd have to shop in Lidl, take sandwiches to work and not have any lattes" but it all works out nicely in the end when they realise they're poor.

Thank you.

and the gene for softness pops up again - I've a daughter who has been born 150 years (or 6000 miles) out of her milieu - she would like nothing more than for us to arrange a marriage with a nice, kind, comfortably-off (not necessarily filthy rich, but secure) bloke who is older than her and would want to keep her at home as a pet! What have we done wrong!!??

She is not one of these women who wishes to date a much older Man and call him "Daddy" is she? I find such Women deeply disturbing and perhaps they are indeed deeply disturbed.

Perhaps she is of the age - what age is she out of interest - that she looks to Women in their 3s, 40s and 50s and realises how miserable many of them are, how stressed many of them are and how deeply unhappy many of them are and simply does not wish to repeat their mistakes. This seems to be a common thread amongst 20-somethings these days.