HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
This is more like it, I especially enjoyed Brighton and Hove -1.6% so if I'm right and this lags six months behind then it's more like -10%.

Now let's see if the BBC are so quick to report on this as they were with the Daily Express tosh.

Already on the BBC web site. Wrapped up around the NHF Express article and putting it in context. Hard to fault the BBC really ;)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I'm going to email the land registry to see if they are going to start using some new colours on their map of the country. Shades of red would do nicely - blood red for the biggest falls

My thoughts exactly, the yellow is getting a bit dull.

Did anybody notice that semis are actually leading with YoY falls. They are falling faster than flats or terraced properties at the moment. Quality property immune?

HOLA4413
But....but...I thought London was immune from HPC? :lol::lol::lol:

Considering the population size and diversity of London I always feel its fairly futile looking at averages for the whole of it…

Breaking down by borough is far more interesting.

One figure I find amazing is Kensington and Chelsea – monthly up 1.1%, yearly up 14.3%. This borough might as well be on another planet, it no longer has any connection to the rest of the UK. I know about the 3 month delay in land registry figures but if it was still rising at 1.1 in March/April I can’t imagine it ever falling let alone falling year on year.

HOLA4414
When do we start seeing minus figures for YoY?

Next Month.

By my recconing, LR data only lags by about 3 months compared with HBOS, Nationwide and RM.

The attached chart shows all four indices correlating well, and all four on a downward trajectory.

Nothing has happened in the last two/three months to suggest the lagging LR data will do anything other than continue to follow the HBOS/Nationwide curves.

PropertyAnalyser.

P.S. Apologies for the poor formatting on the chart, exporting from Excel to .gif is a pain in the A$$.

EDIT to say: I really should mention that the LR data in the chart has been factored so that it more closely follows the other data sets (for some reason it has much less pronounced swings, so I tweaked it to fit :)) The tweaking doesn't affect the trend though, which is definitly going only one way.

Index_Trends.gif

post-4269-1217248134_thumb.png

Edited by PropertyAnalyser

HOLA4415
I'm going to email the land registry to see if they are going to start using some new colours on their map of the country. Shades of red would do nicely - blood red for the biggest falls

Does anyone have the link to that slide show thing of the map that changed colour indicating house price changes over time? Will be interesting to see all those red and pink areas cooling.

HOLA4416
Considering the population size and diversity of London I always feel its fairly futile looking at averages for the whole of it…

Breaking down by borough is far more interesting.

One figure I find amazing is Kensington and Chelsea – monthly up 1.1%, yearly up 14.3%. This borough might as well be on another planet, it no longer has any connection to the rest of the UK. I know about the 3 month delay in land registry figures but if it was still rising at 1.1 in March/April I can’t imagine it ever falling let alone falling year on year.

We shall see.

What I find amazing is Hackney and Tower Hamlets up YoY 11.1% and 10.4% respectively!!! Those two boroughs are going to be toast in the coming years.

Average house price in Hackney, £369k. :ph34r:

HOLA4417
My thoughts exactly, the yellow is getting a bit dull.

Did anybody notice that semis are actually leading with YoY falls. They are falling faster than flats or terraced properties at the moment. Quality property immune?

Not so sure. When I search my street on Nethouseprices my house is incorrectly described as a terrace, a semi down the road is classed as detached. A terrace at the end is classed as a semi and a house that was converted to three flats has all the flat sales classed as semis.

I think the LR house type classification data is quite poor.