HOLA441
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Are people really blind to it, or have they just accepted there's f*ck all they can do about it, so getting all worked up is counter-productive? No point in running around screaming like a headless chicken.

*changes strategy*

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Now their advertising on TV their wonderful 'lifetime savings tracker' currently 5.25% LOL , there even using that sopey girl still .

If that poor girl ends up homeless I'm sure I can help her out. She can leave her hat on too.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Looks like the shares have been suspended.

Here We Go

The plugs been pulled for now.

Sorry this was June - still adds to the drama though

B&B shares dive again as housing fears accelerate

"Bradford & Bingley management appears in even less control of the company's destiny than it did before, so investors have no idea who might be running the business in a few months' time," the Fox-Pitt analysts said.
Edited by Wait & See

HOLA4417

I've lost my nerve (or should it be come to my senses?). Cheques cancelled for deposits in 1-year bonds with B&B, Abbey and Birm. Midshires (7 to 7.17%). This cash is now going to the 1-year bond with NRK (6.75%).

Not worth the risk (and stress) for an extra half percent.

Monty

Edited by uncle_monty

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
I've lost my nerve (or should it be come to my senses?).

Me too - transferred my £250k from B&B this morning by CHAPS, I'll be distributing it round Northern Rock, Bham Midshires, West Brom BS & a couple of others over the next week. Now to sit back & watch B&B crash & burn as they deserve to ...

HOLA4420
Only if people can't pay their mortgages and go under. Until that point the BoE is actually making money of the borrowers.

Northern Rock and B&B both are profit making until they run out of money (bank runs). The BoE can take all the hits it wants until the Mortgages are sold on or kept till the customers move elsewhere.

Is the statement quoted above madness?? :unsure:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Me too - transferred my £250k from B&B this morning by CHAPS, I'll be distributing it round Northern Rock, Bham Midshires, West Brom BS & a couple of others over the next week. Now to sit back & watch B&B crash & burn as they deserve to ...

Eminently sensible, my friend. Eminently sensible.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

if you're going to lie about having a lot of money, at least make the amount worth lying about.

the giveaway was the CHAPS in past tense, but target accounts in future tense. if you did CHAPS already, where did you wire it?

HOLA4425
if you're going to lie about having a lot of money, at least make the amount worth lying about.

the giveaway was the CHAPS in past tense, but target accounts in future tense. if you did CHAPS already, where did you wire it?

He could have CHAPSed it in one lump (to pay one fee) to a safe bank and will now distribute it to other accounts...