House Price Crash Forum

Homes Under The Hammer

HOLA441
More vandalism on this programe by greedy developers. Nice old 1920's property to be demolished to build 20 overpriced flats :angry:

That was criminal, they were total philistines, I couldnt help but think, 'I hope they go bust'

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Not seen this for a while. The couple on just now define the word 'idiots'.

She wants to start a new business. Been at home for 3 years. Bought a place at auction. No survey. Paid cash. Basically it is a pre-fab with non standard production. Bought it for 68k. Max selling price is about 78k. Their budget is 10-15k. She had a quick glance at it before buying. The guy didn't even see it..

To add to this rentals in this area are very poor.

She wants this to be a business :o

Spending £68k in cash on something you know sweet FA about.....

If you could find a better example of "I've seen everyone else doing it on TV we can do it to - looks easy - no effort required" - I would be impressed.

HOLA443

She wants to start a new business. Been at home for 3 years. Bought a place at auction. No survey. Paid cash. Basically it is a pre-fab with non standard production. Bought it for 68k. Max selling price is about 78k. Their budget is 10-15k. She had a quick glance at it before buying. The guy didn't even see it..

If you could find a better example of "I've seen everyone else doing it on TV we can do it to - looks easy - no effort required" - I would be impressed.

Did you see the auction date - July 2007 - talk about lambs to the slaughter.

Curiously I can't find any record of that sale or the previous one in Cardiff - I presume auctions end up on the land registry??

HOLA444

I didnt see the episode today but did catch couple during the week, it was so old 2006!!!!

Obviously not enough interest to commission a new series but blatent ramping cos if you blink, you miss the banner with the date.

HOLA445
I didnt see the episode today but did catch couple during the week, it was so old 2006!!!!

Obviously not enough interest to commission a new series but blatent ramping cos if you blink, you miss the banner with the date.

Lucky escape managing to sell for £80k.

Buyers must have been muppets as finished properties go for the same price.

HOLA446
Did you see the auction date - July 2007 - talk about lambs to the slaughter.

Curiously I can't find any record of that sale or the previous one in Cardiff - I presume auctions end up on the land registry??

I just found it - wasn't looking hard enough - they passed it on to some other mug for £80k in Dec 2007 !!

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/6-rowland...24-9bt/6556598/

Edited by NeilB

HOLA447

They did nothing with it! Put it back onto the market as the quotes to do it up were horrendous. They got £80k for it apparently. A "profit" for doing nothing (according to the BBC).

Then again there are a lot of these properties like this as they are ex LA. My grandma lived in one, in Huddersfield and it was fine.

Edited by rover2000

HOLA448
HOLA449

Don't think Land Registry record auctions ? There were a few threads about this a while back. Never saw the 2007 banner !! As you say I blinked and I missed it.

These chumps got so lucky it is unbelievable !!

Someone offered them 80k for it after they put it up for sale for 90k !!

They couldnt even afford to do it up as the work was going to cost 18k.

So they bought for 68k. Didn't spend a penny so put it right back on the market for 90k :o

Amazing that the one loser story from this programme had an incredibly lucky ending. How convenient.

Would be nice to see them doing a series today. Loss after loss after loss.

******ing hell now there is some other property spin on !! To buy or not to buy.

The brainwashing continues - even in the face of finanical meltdown.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest pioneer31

HOMES under the hammer is the title

but yet not once is the word 'home' mentioned within the programme.

I wonder what fat boy and his gf are upto these days? (as all the shows at the moment appear to be 2 yrs old)

I like the way they wrote off the "pwoperty" because not much profit can be made from it (when I knock on the wall, it sounds about as hollow as my bonce)

It could, of course be lived in, as a cheap house. Non-standard construction does not mean that the house will collapse Martin you berk.

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Don't think Land Registry record auctions ? There were a few threads about this a while back. Never saw the 2007 banner !! As you say I blinked and I missed it.

<lots snipped>

The brainwashing continues - even in the face of finanical meltdown.

This is my pet bugbear with the property ramping shows. The BBC is a shocking VI.

If they were showing old repeats or snippets from say, The Money Program, in 1997 talking about tech stocks and the unbelievable opportunities available, they would have the date on-screen for the length of the clip. So as not to confuse or be accused of causing confusion. Ditto if they showed any politician's quotes from 5,10, 15 yrs ago.

Only property seems to escape this requirement to be accurate. I wonder why................? :rolleyes:

HOLA4420
This is my pet bugbear with the property ramping shows. The BBC is a shocking VI.

If they were showing old repeats or snippets from say, The Money Program, in 1997 talking about tech stocks and the unbelievable opportunities available, they would have the date on-screen for the length of the clip. So as not to confuse or be accused of causing confusion. Ditto if they showed any politician's quotes from 5,10, 15 yrs ago.

Only property seems to escape this requirement to be accurate. I wonder why................? :rolleyes:

even "deal or no deal" has a caption up...lines are now closed for their re-runs.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Now that was interesting. Saville's auctions.

Bird wins the bidding. Auctioneer says 'You going to live there ?'. She replies 'No'. He actually goes 'GRRRRRRRRRR'. Right on loudspeaker across the room !! :lol:

Even those in the auction business now getting peed off with all these new 'developers' ?

Oh and this new 'developer' has now been described as 'savvy'. This is a bird who bought a house at auction without ever seeing it... :blink:

HOLA4424
Now that was interesting. Saville's auctions.

Bird wins the bidding. Auctioneer says 'You going to live there ?'. She replies 'No'. He actually goes 'GRRRRRRRRRR'. Right on loudspeaker across the room !! :lol:

Even those in the auction business now getting peed off with all these new 'developers' ?

Oh and this new 'developer' has now been described as 'savvy'. This is a bird who bought a house at auction without ever seeing it... :blink:

A 'hair replacement technician' who bought a £200K rundown house in September 2007 without viewing and without telling her partner. Is 'savvy' another word for 'fckwit?

HOLA4425