House Price Crash Forum

Please Put The Gold Thread Back In The Main Forum?

HOLA441

But I really really feel in these times that it is utterly relevant. I am sure others do too. Not to the extent of, say looking through all the posts in GoldIsMoney, but one thread, please!

There was a whole day last week where the original thread didn't get any posts. When did that happen before? We have also lost GoldFinger. HPC needs the gold thread, IMO.

If this thread gets moved or dies, I won't ask again for it to be put back.

I am not holding the site to ransom, just politely asking.

Edited by chris c-t

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I'd quite like to see the thread back too. I know it irritates some hpc users but gold is a barometer of market sentiment regardless. There are many threads that I chose not to read so I vote yes.

Edited by sossij

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
The thread wasn't the problem the spamming of other threads was.

Agree.

I voted for the return of the Gold thread (again).

How many are aware that Gold took a huge dive over Easter? That Oil has fallen? That many are starting to raise warning voices about other commodities? As the case for deflation grows, I think it is vital that the case for inflation, and it's most shiny proxy, are heard.

However I suspect that some of the posters that kept the thread alive have been lost now.

HOLA448
HOLA449
How many are aware that Gold took a huge dive over Easter? That Oil has fallen? That many are starting to raise warning voices about other commodities? As the case for deflation grows, I think it is vital that the case for inflation, and it's most shiny proxy, are heard.

Dip over ?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

What you seem to be saying is that because there is no Gold thread in the main forum loads of people will be in the dark about it? Hmmm so you are saying you get all your information from not only one site but one Forum on that site.

I think you need to broaden your horizens a little.

HOLA4415
What you seem to be saying is that because there is no Gold thread in the main forum loads of people will be in the dark about it? Hmmm so you are saying you get all your information from not only one site but one Forum on that site.

No. But it's nice to have on the main page. If nothing else it attracts more comments that way and makes the thread more interesting.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I was really against the gold threads..... way to many of them.

If that one wants to come back, i'll be happy to see it as long as the gold spamming stops, it was ruining the board, IMHO.

So i'll vote yes as long as no spamming and if it happens again I think it needs to go again.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
only because a small minority of gold rampers kept it updated.

Thats true in the main I think.

Gold has its place, maybe here, in a small dose. If its one thread so be it, but again I dont see why the gold rampers can't keep it updated in the other forum if it is that important to them.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
It's more the fact that some much appreciated members have stopped posting that bugs me. The location of the thread is of lesser importance, though still relevant. Can't we leave a saucer of milk out for them?
I'm all for the Gold thread being in the main forum
I must admit the main forum does seem to be lacking something since the gold thread dissapeared.

Agreed!

The information and discussion available on general economics is just not as good as it used to be, since some quality posters left :(

Oh well, I know where to find them ;)