HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/House-prices...ENTH.3873874.jp

House prices fall for SEVENTH month in a row
Property gloom
SHEFFIELD'S housing market is struggling against falling prices and wary buyers, as property values across the county drop for the seventh month running.
The decline is part of a national trend which has also seen new buyer enquiries tail off for the tenth month in a row, according to new figures from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Today John Francis, principal of Crapper and Haigh estate agents in Sheffield city centre, admitted: "The state of the market is terrible."
He added: "If people are looking to sell they may have to take a hit on the price..../

Sheffield one of the first bright spots?

HOLA446
HOLA447

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/busi...agent_shuts.php

Estate agent shuts
By Marc Meneaud
Keighley estate agent Inman Residential has closed down after 29 years in business, leaving two people unemployed.
All the residential properties under the care of Inman have been transferred to The Green Partnership, also based in North Street, after a deal was reached on Sunday.
A message written by owner Barry Inman on his website simply reads: "It is with deep regret that I have to advise, after 29 eventful and interesting years,
the time has finally come to close the office

And another one bites the dust.....

HOLA448
HOLA449
"And he predicted the market would stay static for the foreseeable future. "

If you accelerate to 1000 mph down a hill then ease off then you're speed is static....but you're still going down hill rapidly :lol:

Er, if you accelerate to 1000 mph and "ease off" the accelerator your speed is still 1000 mph (excluding frictional loses.) That's certainly not "static" (Tip: imagine being hit by a brick wall coming towards you at 1000 mph - how "static" do you think that would feel?) What has become static (i.e. zero) is your "acceleration", not your "speed".

Your's,

Mr Pedantic Nomadd . :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Good. I hope there are many more to come.

TBH Spoony I can't celebrate whenever I hear of job losses. Unless you adopt the DIY approach to sell buy a house you need an agent. Hearing of someone in business for 29 years, who may not be a sharp suited shark, going out of business is sad IMHO. Let's not forget that the tentacles of this economic downturn havn't even begun to spread/stretch, when they do just imagine the jobs carnage and potential for disquiet/unrest. its not just the severity it's the speed which will take many by surprise.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Down south again, you dont get many more honest EAs than this;

Honest EA

Probably posted before, play the game if you can be bothered.

Very amusing... have a look at the Ralf's Rag, it is a PDF.. scroll quickly through it by sliding the scroll bar with the mouse (past page three) and you will see that he has done a clever trick with the pictures of the houses, by overlaying one on top of the other, see if you can see it :ph34r::lol:

HOLA4415
Guest Bart of Darkness
Sheffield one of the first bright spots?

It's not often Sheffield and bright spot are mentioned in the same sentence!

I still don't think that asking prices in Sheffield even remotely resemble reality.

HOLA4416
Guest Bart of Darkness
Down south again, you dont get many more honest EAs than this;

Honest EA

Probably posted before, play the game if you can be bothered.

Like Hale Berry surfacing from the sea this place curls the toes as it pours out its ejaculate and rubs itself down with a fluffy, dry towel. Suit investor with a grudge.

:lol: