HOLA441
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Slavery of the 21st century.

B3-0-C-FP-L.jpg

Look how the one bed flats are arranged in batteries.

At least the hens only live for 7 years. Say NO to the banks!

LOL, yeh and at least the hens have got Jamie Oliver campaigning for them! Who have we got?

:lol:

Battery People for New World Slavery. Time to kill a banker or two methinks.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
upper_strand_flagship1.jpg

Cross between a prison complex and the headquarters of a multinational company. Hardly somewhere you'd want to live though.

And two minutes walk from where I rent just now.... :)

I am looking forward to seeing them as being advertised as being in "Bruntsfield" (one of the more stupidly overpriced bits of the City just up the road from Fountainbridge) flats around where I am are regularly advertised as being in Bruntsfield to get an extra few thousand on the price despite the fact that that it is stretching the truth somewhat.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Does anyone have any material illustrating how the tower blocks of the 60s and 70s were marketed? Orange draylon aside, I imagine it will have remarkable parallels to this dross. It staggers me how people repeatedly fall for the 'clean, modern' look (read: cheap and nasty) being sold as something highly desirable.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Tomorrows. Social. Housing. Just let one nest of charvers get in there, and it will degenerate into a hellhole within 10 years.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Slavery of the 21st century.

B3-0-C-FP-L.jpg

Look how the one bed flats are arranged in batteries.

At least the hens only live for 7 years. Say NO to the banks!

Plus hens get a quick death, they're not bled slowly to death over 25 -35 years on a soul destroying, debt shackled drone farm.

Suitable soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F3zlWYRxM0

'where will it end?'

HOLA4413

Today's Scotsman reports the outcome of this. (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/B...city.3742620.jp)

Buyers snap up new city flats

ONE third of new flats on the former Scottish & Newcastle brewery in Edinburgh's Fountainbridge have been snapped up for a total of £4 million.

House-hunters queued overnight on Friday for the chance to secure a homes at the Springside development.

Since the total number of houses for sale was 46, this means that they must have sold 15 or 16. Lucky they had these students queuing up overnight, wasn't it?

Still, 4 million pounds isn't bad. I'm guessing that at least half of that would be profit, so their dealings with the local press have paid off pretty well.

Edited by Scunnered

• 1 year later...
HOLA4414
Today's Scotsman reports the outcome of this. (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/B...city.3742620.jp)

Since the total number of houses for sale was 46, this means that they must have sold 15 or 16. Lucky they had these students queuing up overnight, wasn't it?

Still, 4 million pounds isn't bad. I'm guessing that at least half of that would be profit, so their dealings with the local press have paid off pretty well.

Is this builder still in business ? most from what i see have been casualties of the recession and did the last phase ever get completed or moffballed seems to be the buzz word these days

Edited by dunedin

HOLA4415

Ahhhh!!

That's the story at the back of my mind....

Belfast developer 'fakes queue' outside estate agents - PHOTOS

12:40 08 Jun 2009

By Will Mann

A Belfast house builder has been criticised for staging a queue of first-time buyers outside an estate agents, in a bid to stimulate interest in a new development.

The PR agency for Bradkeel Developments, which is building Belfast's Sugar Walk scheme, sent out a press release entitled 'Worth the Wait', with photos of people queueing, one sat in a deckchair and wrapped in a sleeping bag.

The press release claimed: "A group of potential purchasers queued outside the Templeton Robinson estate agent's Lisburn Road office yesterday, preparing to register for an iconic apartment in the Sugar Walk complex, based in the heart of Cathedral Quarter in Belfast."

Some were actors, IIRC

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

OMFG! What planet are they living on? No bath, tiny floor space and no window in the bedroom... or rather a window to the hall so you can hear people walking past your bed. How completely hideous. I can't believe they've sold any!

Who really wants to live like that? Especially people who are earning the £40000+ that you would need to get a mortgage at that size. I can only assume they are counting on cash-rich (stupid) parents to put their offspring in them while at uni. That or the people buying them haven't bothered to look at what they can get for the same money if they don't go for a new-build. They need to drop the prices by 50%.... and even then I still wouldn't buy them.

SelfDoIt

HOLA4419
OMFG! What planet are they living on? No bath, tiny floor space and no window in the bedroom... or rather a window to the hall so you can hear people walking past your bed. How completely hideous. I can't believe they've sold any!

Who really wants to live like that? Especially people who are earning the £40000+ that you would need to get a mortgage at that size. I can only assume they are counting on cash-rich (stupid) parents to put their offspring in them while at uni. That or the people buying them haven't bothered to look at what they can get for the same money if they don't go for a new-build. They need to drop the prices by 50%.... and even then I still wouldn't buy them.

SelfDoIt

Two Hundred and Eight Thousand pounds for a one bedroom flat is too much i feel this property will be on the market for a very long time.

HOLA4420

SelfDoIt

+1

My old Dad isn't feeling too well at the moment. He was reading the new Iain Rankin book that I had bought him, which is full of stuff about the trams and banking crisis and he was asking about the tramworks and developments in Edinburgh. I told him they had demolished the old Fountainbridge brewery, built flats on it and were trying to punt them for >£200k.

Cheered him up no end. He laughed his ass off and said when he were a lad, you only lived in Fountainbridge if you were poor- "People who earn enough to buy a 200k flat don't want to live in Fountainbridge - they want to live in Morningside".