HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

We're in a strange interregnum; anything is possible. GB is now untouchable as far as becoming PM goes, he's home free. But... Tony Blair is still officially "taking the blame" so we have a few weeks which will be ideal for, not so much burying bad news, as passing the buck. Gordon: "Hey Tony, here's a pile of steaming turds I got you as a leaving present! :lol:

I mean, why wouldn't he?

So, I reckon normal rules don't apply.

HOLA449

My hunch is a hold. They have no intention of spooking Joe Public more than necessary for although banks and businesses have priced in a definate rise, JP are sh1tting themselves and let's face it, they have been keeping the economy going for the last six years through rising house prices and MEWing.

Also let's face it, enough sob stories have been spewing out of the mouths of RICS, NAEA, Nationwide, Halifax, CML and Rightmove to give them the impression that another rate rise and the housing market, and thus the country, will be on it's ar5e.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

OK, heres the deal. When it comes to bets, the outcome is always the opposite to what I bet on. Basically, I have never won a penny on Betfair.

So, this month I have bet £80 AGAINST a .25% increase. Sooo, basically that means this month there is a GUARANTEE they will raise rates, because I always call it wrong and I have to lose my £80 as with every month.

Hope this helps.

;)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I've got a fiver on a .25 raise (yeah, I'm not exactly a big spender on betting :rolleyes:)

I don't think they'll actually raise it but at the odds I got the win on it would be £37. The win on no change would only have been about 30p so not really worth it!

HOLA4414

+0.25 this time and I've been right so far except Jan.

MPC just beginning to get slightly rattled by inflation and think the next rise won't shock anyone. Watch over the coming months as their bland, fair-weather optimism swings into blind panic and they really start tugging the elastic attached to the brick. :o

We're in for a rollicking ride, boys and girls. Hold on tight and think of England. :blink:

HOLA4415

With all the bear news in the media this past month, ie newsnight, ITN, they surely won't raise rates because of the possible backlash.

I can see the headlines now...

Property prices falling, BOE RAISE INTEREST RATES! What are they thinking!

If they raise rates this month, I'll be shocked. They truly are a bunch of pussies, scared by a population of financially illiterate, economically challenged, credit loving sheeple. And thats not mentioning the political influence. Oops I just mentioned it! :D

HOLA4416
OK, heres the deal. When it comes to bets, the outcome is always the opposite to what I bet on. Basically, I have never won a penny on Betfair.

So, this month I have bet £80 AGAINST a .25% increase. Sooo, basically that means this month there is a GUARANTEE they will raise rates, because I always call it wrong and I have to lose my £80 as with every month.

Hope this helps.

;)

Well, MrPhil, I'm also a habitual loser at betting, and I've just put down £50 for a .25% increase. So one of us will win! If our bad luck is equally balanced, you will probably be the winner, as the return on your bet will be less (odds of approx 1.2 for a hold vs 5.7 for a rise).

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Well, MrPhil, I'm also a habitual loser at betting, and I've just put down £50 for a .25% increase. So one of us will win! If our bad luck is equally balanced, you will probably be the winner, as the return on your bet will be less (odds of approx 1.2 for a hold vs 5.7 for a rise).

Unless it's raised 0.50, of course. :P

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
i always get this right and i'm saying they're definitly pussies- HOLD

100% NO CHANCE of them putting in back to back rises they dont have the kohonas for it i'm afraid. :lol:

I agree I voted "pussies" as well. They don't have the balls for back to back rises. They don't wanna be all sacked do they? We can't have a crash before Mr Miracle becomes PM!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

The only sure thing I bet on with betfair recently was the bet that Gordon Brown would be the next prime minister. I bet £300 for which I expect a £20 profit. £20 for stating the obvious. Not bad.

HOLA4425

Betfair aren't offering anything. It's other people offering those odds.

Remember that, because other people often know things that the rest of the world isn't privvy to.

Football manager markets and ahte-post horse racing markets are a couple that spring to mind.