House Price Crash Forum

Aberdeen, Aspc Stats

HOLA441

Can someone tell me how to cut and paste photos from ASPC on to here please?

If posting from somewhere or your computer:

Use imgur, upload the link or from your computer.http://imgur.com/

Otherwise:

Right click on your image and open it in a new window.

Copy the image address, will be something like https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/43/27/3b/43273b3450b0edbf3b52aafd37ee5697.jpg

CTRL+C your image address, drop it in the picture icon in the forum window with a CTRL+V.

Of course there are other image hosting services, and other ways to put pictures up.

Edited by cashinmattress

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/340140/Brae-View---Scotstown-Road/Aberdeen/

A (very small) reduction and some giant twiggy *thingies in picture 7. Sure to sell now.

* what are they??

Can someone tell me how to cut and paste photos from ASPC on to here please?

Don't know if it is still the case, but the property over the fence was a unit that was possibly allocated for 'chalenging' kids. On Google Maps it says 'Aberdeen City Pupil Support Services'

Edited by Alba

HOLA443

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/340140/Brae-View---Scotstown-Road/Aberdeen/

A (very small) reduction and some giant twiggy *thingies in picture 7. Sure to sell now.

* what are they??

Unsurprising the house isn't selling at that price. Little to no ground and not really fitting with the local area. When it was getting built I was wondering what it was. Didn't think they'd try and squeeze a house in there.

HOLA444

Unsurprising the house isn't selling at that price. Little to no ground and not really fitting with the local area. When it was getting built I was wondering what it was. Didn't think they'd try and squeeze a house in there.

I am localish to that area and I too was wondering what was being built at the time. The photos hide it well but it really is in a rather odd location with a busy road right out side and slap bang in the middle of older housing estates.

Looks like a nice enough house. I wonder if it was build by a tradesman on his on time just to sell on. Was there not some sort of business there before?

As for the pot of wierd looking wood things, I believe this is what those in the BDSM scene call paddels.

HOLA445

I am localish to that area and I too was wondering what was being built at the time. The photos hide it well but it really is in a rather odd location with a busy road right out side and slap bang in the middle of older housing estates.

Looks like a nice enough house. I wonder if it was build by a tradesman on his on time just to sell on. Was there not some sort of business there before?

As for the pot of wierd looking wood things, I believe this is what those in the BDSM scene call paddels.

Busy road quite close on one side, council house scheme on another, containers on elevated ground above, special pupil support unit over the fence. What's not to like about this attractive almost £400,000 property?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

3,000 houses for Countesswells.

The development is worth £700 million (average price a bargain £233k).

I am a bit surprised this is going ahead. When they are built, this will be a major injection of fresh bricks and mortar to Aberdeen and I wouldn't want to be sitting in a Milne Mansion in Westhill waiting for the oil/housing market to recover!

In other news, Audi Aberdeen announce the pre-order of 3,000 Q3s and 3,000 A5s.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

They are just piling ahead like nothing has happened - aren't they ?

At lot of people believe that the oil industry will have picked up by then, or that property prices will never fall.

But still, house building is generally a benefit to people who want to buy a house for the purpose of living in it. I don't think the people who will lose out financially are generally the same people who post on this forum.

HOLA4411

They are just piling ahead like nothing has happened - aren't they ?

Most of this was 'spent' into contract signing with council and banks pre-oil crash, and you can't call Force Majeure because of a dip in the economy.

And of course, if you are spending mostly the governments 'free' money you are not going to give a toss about accountability, or even feasibility.

Even better if you fleece some gullible hedge fund type.

So it probably all boils down to the City/Shire council being a bunch of opportunistic cvnts using dodgy stats and trends as justification... or just plain ignorance and/or incompetence.

If the oil bust didn't happen, we'd say it was pure winning for Willie and his dickhead pals at Marischal College.

I imagine they'll be putting security guards in the corridors soon, as the taxpayers are going to start to take notice.

Truth is, drillers ain't drilling, they're stacking and scrapping.

Money follows the drillers simply put.

You can't pull $trillions in development out of the global marketplace and expect it to suddenly refill overnight like little Billy's ballsack.

Don't get angry at your state government, or even the builders. The council(s) are to blame here.

... many North Sea fields were old, reaching the end of their viability, and at $50 a barrel, the UK was among 17 countries producing oil that was “cash negative” – losing money.

Even at $70 there are producers losing money, just less of it than now.

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA4412

It's worth noting that the drop in average price for Feb 2016 from RoS is the first time there has been a drop in monthly average price between a January to February since....

Yup you guessed it Jan / Feb 2009.

Should we be expecting this "spring bounce" then?

Edited by reverand_cat

HOLA4413

In other news, Audi Aberdeen announce the pre-order of 3,000 Q3s and 3,000 A5s.

Two of my patients work for Audi Aberdeen. It is the busiest Audi dealer in the UK with orders from all over the UK. So the majority of those orders will be from outside Aberdeen and probably rent a car pcp type deals.They sell so much thay they can offer a better deal. One of the patients drives them all over the place to the door of the customer. How many of these orders have been on order for months or a year now before the wolfs were really at the door?

On another note had a guy in from oceaneering and he's said the workshops busy.

Sisters chum has had said a bunch of people from palapina got the boot this week.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Oh and Audi BMW etc have all had heaps of cars handed back on the other hand.....

Sh1t yeah they do. Audi is the biggest for returns in volume, and that comes from a contact that works there.

There have been many £millions in returned cars in the past year.

And these PCP leases, which I assume about three quarters in Aberdeen are as they work 'well' with 'business' owners (ie seat sitting contractors), have no Voluntary Termination (VT) clauses.

They are handing back the car and most likely paying a hefty penalty fee, probably near 50% of the remaining payments.

Of course, you can tell them to ram it and 'see you in court'.

Win-win for the dealers. Is that a surprise?

HOLA4416

My best mates work chum at enermech got the boot was paying 500 quid a month for a bmw. He phoned BMW to get out of his pcp and they told him to ram it. So he cancelled the bank payments droped the car off at bmw and handed in the keys.

I believe the excess stock from audi is punted down south to auctions/other audi dealer.

A pcp is a win win (for the dealer) as most of these german cars are still worth abit after 3 years. So if its 35k new, your paying 500 a month plus a deposit you could have paid 20 odd grand of the car. The car might still be worth 20 odd k so the dealer just pcp's/sells the car and makes more money again off the same car!

HOLA4417

My best mates work chum at enermech got the boot was paying 500 quid a month for a bmw. He phoned BMW finance to get out of his pcp and they told him to ram it. So he cancelled the bank payments droped the car off at bmw and handed in the keys.

I believe the excess stock from audi is punted down south to auctions/other audi dealer.

A pcp is a win win (for the dealer) as most of these german cars are still worth abit after 3 years. So if its 35k new, your paying 500 a month plus a deposit you could have paid 20 odd grand of the car. The car might still be worth 20 odd k so the dealer just pcp's/sells the car and makes more money again off the same car!

HOLA4418

Oh and Audi BMW etc have all had heaps of cars handed back on the other hand.....

Indeed they do. In fact so many, a friend told me she wanted to hand hers back 3 years into a 4 deal. Cos no job.

Got told no chance. Go sell private.

Audi Aberbeen don't want it. Too many used cars been returned....

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Update on Shell...BP

http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news/7995/shell-looking-to-sell-the-famous-brent-field/

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3962413-shell-looking-sell-famous-brent-field

Royal Dutch Shell has confirmed media reports that it is looking to sell part of its production holdings in the North Sea, saying all these assets—33 in total, including the Brent field that gave its name to the international benchmark—are being reviewed along with others, in other parts of the world.

It is under pressure from investors to deliver the sales and cut further jobs to prop up its balance sheet, so it may have to settle for a lower price than it would be happy with.

All this suggests that Shell may decide to sell all its North Sea assets, as long as there is a buyer, of course.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/oil-price/60838/oil-price-may-be-stuck-for-the-rest-of-the-year

...it was reported that Shell was exploring the possibility of selling its remaining North Sea oil assets in what is being interpreted as a clear lack of faith in the future and viability of the British oil industry.

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/12479-bp-s-500m-gas-plant-put-on-hold

BP’s £500m gas plant put “on hold”

OIL company BP has put “on hold” plans to build a £500 million gas sweetening plant at Shetland’s Sullom Voe oil terminal.

The move comes as the oil industry adjusts its operations in response to the sharp decline in the price of crude oil over the past 18 months.

One year ago BP said they were delaying the project by six months, but no timeline has been given for the delay this time.

Edit: also the peril of big & mega-projects and over reliance on EPCs.

https://www.energyvoice.com/other-news/105474/chevrons-gorgon-project-faces-mechanical-problems/

Oil major Chevron is facing a bill estimated to run into the hundreds of millions of dollars after a mechanical problem on its Gorgon project.

According to reports in Australian media, the company and its partners experienced a “major mechanical problem” when the first maiden LNG cargo had been sent.

http://www.clough.com.au/news/2012/05/18/gorgon-epcm-contract-awarded-to-kellogg-joint-venture

Too many 'smart' people running these big projects invariably ends with huge cost overruns and often big failures stemming from project management on steroids, group think, everything by committee.

More often than not these types of engineered failures originate from a school boy error in the design phase... and by over complicating what is probably a fundamentally simple concept, and one on which there was already a very good and mature solution available.

EPC = reinventing the wheel, in other words.... poor project management, lacklustre contract management, and a real lack in talent.

Oh, and another dead space on Union Street... more job cuts.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/sse-to-close-eight-north-east-stores2/

SSE has today announced plans to close its stores across Scotland, including eight in the North-east.

The stores, which mainly sells fridges, cookers and televisions, will be closed by May 15. SSE has said 119 employees, based at the firm’s 37 stores and their online shop, will be affected.

The North-east stores affected are: Aberdeen, Banchory, Banff, Buckie, Huntly, Inverurie, Peterhead and Stonehaven.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/877267/100jobs-risk-dairyfarm-1661/

The future of dairy farming in the north-east was thrown into question yesterday with news the region’s only milk processor could be shutting up shop.

Muller Milk and Ingredients yesterday entered a 45-day statutory consultation over the closure of its processing site at Tullos in Aberdeen, putting 89 jobs at risk. Nine jobs at its city distribution depot are also under threat.

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA4421

I think that the Muller Milk is a good reason why the City and Shire can't just swing into "agriculture and tourism" as an alternative to oil and gas.

Virtually everyone consumes milk in some way or another every day. But only 45 people need to work at producing the milk for the region.

And if you think that you can get a job in farming, you must be joking.

Aberdeen is a one trick pony (and the cows have come home).

HOLA4422

I've spoken to a few desperate ex oil and gas guys recently - many of them on £50K plus offshore now chasing jobs on the beach at £25K to "keep them going" until the oil price rises.

They're full of complaints when they have to deal with the reality of normal jobs and salaries - which many don't have the skills to do - and they are driving salaries down as many have huge mortgages and employers know they are desperate.........

Also heard of quite a few trying to offload their X5s at the dealer in exchange for a smaller car,/lower monthly payments without success.

On the plus side, hotel rooms are easier to find in the North East, and they are now open to some haggling on the price - this wasn't the case a few years ago!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425