Aberdeen, Aspc Stats

HOLA441
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
8 hours ago, Haddie said:

Oil professional................Pure comedy.......98%should be ploughing  parks.

Quite, a lot of "old pals together" jobs in Aberdeen so I left and went to Norway. As a "proper" Engineer I easily made te transition back to my original industry when oIl prices collapsed, strangely enough for even more money..........

HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, delboypass said:

I feel this thread has degenerated into sucking humbugs between the oilers and the non-oilys..

How about we stick to house prices regardless of profession?

Thank you.  I agree. 

HOLA445
2 hours ago, delboypass said:

I feel this thread has degenerated into sucking humbugs between the oilers and the non-oilys..

How about we stick to house prices regardless of profession?

House prices in the region are fine if you have a high paying oil industry job.

They are too expensive if not.

North Sea oil and gas is in decline.

Trend is down.

HOLA446

Oakhill Grange is having its problems

79 can't sell for £320k (what a surprise)

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/353551/79-Oakhill-Grange/Aberdeen/

so they're trying to rent at £1150 pcm

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/358395/79-Oakhill-Grange/Aberdeen/

and

51 Jura House was under offer but no longer.

No longer under offer

a property that you have saved in your wishlist has been updated, please see the new details below.

ASPC ref. 356471

51 Jura House, Oakhill Grange, AB15 5EA

Aberdeen

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/356471/51-Jura-House---Oakhill-Grange/Aberdeen/

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
3 hours ago, quine said:

Oakhill Grange is having its problems

79 can't sell for £320k (what a surprise)

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/353551/79-Oakhill-Grange/Aberdeen/

so they're trying to rent at £1150 pc

1 hour ago, shackleford said:

Madness!

Exactly....madness!

Unlikely anyone would be paying four figures every month to rent a 2 bed in Aberdeen nowadays! 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
4 hours ago, delboypass said:

Still instances of companies renting high end properties and paying top dollar.

Supporting the rental market as well as LHA..

Need to get these people to start negotiating driving down market too.

Well many are losing their perks now therefore having to downsize or buy. Know two friends, one first lost the company rented house and was laid off a few months later. The second brought a smaller property after the perk was removed.

Quite a few of the properties are on long term lets, things might change come renewal time!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
18 hours ago, Haddie said:

How long before aspc hits 6000,

Place your bets Please! 

an average price of £2,029 per square metre.Evening Express 29/07/17

THE collapse in oil prices and uncertainty over Brexit have sent Aberdeen plummeting down a global cost of living scale with the Granite City now ranking alongside the Rwandan capital of Kigali.The Herald-Mercers survey.

What kind of correction in easy speak are we seeing?

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, stairlift needed said:

an average price of £2,029 per square metre.Evening Express 29/07/17

THE collapse in oil prices and uncertainty over Brexit have sent Aberdeen plummeting down a global cost of living scale with the Granite City now ranking alongside the Rwandan capital of Kigali.The Herald-Mercers survey.

What kind of correction in easy speak are we seeing?

The truth is nobody knows how bad it's going to get.But for sure,it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better for Aberdeen.

If people in Aberdeen were  honest with themselves,they would stop proping the market up and wait for the reset.The central bank is now going to ram money down people's throats at very tempting rates and keep the plates spinning for a while longer.

That said. Aberdeen is a oil economy, and that's going to hurt in a downward comedies market that is still  nowhere near  the bottom in terms of jobs or price.

It's going to become a buying opertunity for many,who aspire to getting a first home.Aberdeen longterm? Not so sure.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I'm not sure if this story belongs here because it covers a number of different HPC hobby-horses such as HTB and S24 but it's also Aberdeen related as well as being a tasty morsel of bear-food for a Sunday afternoon:

A friend of a friend qualified as an accountant last year and bought a new-build 1 bed Barrat flat near Aberdeen Uni for roughly £180k including Help to Buy. She subsequently found that she was unable to make an adequate amount of money as a junior accountant in Aberdeen and so moved to Edinburgh.

The problem is that she can't sell the flat without taking a loss and she is having a lot of difficulty getting consent to let because of the HTB rules, so has no option but to continue paying the mortgage on an empty flat while renting in another city.

If she does get consent to let, there's no guarantee that she'll get enough rent to cover the mortgage plus insurance, service charges, agents' fees etc. Plus S24 will bite her on the bum and the stamp duty surcharge if she buys again before she sells. On top of this, she has fallen out with her family because she believes that the out undue pressure on her to buy the place.

I can't imagine she is the only one in a such a position but I just hope people like this don't and up being compensated for being mis-sold.

Edited by Diver Dan

HOLA4425
12 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

I'm not sure if this story belongs here because it covers a number of different HPC hobby-horses such as HTB and S24 but it's also Aberdeen related as well as being a tasty morsel of bear-food for a Sunday afternoon:

A friend of a friend qualified as an accountant last year and bought a new-build 1 bed Barrat flat near Aberdeen Uni for roughly £180k including Help to Buy. She subsequently found that she was unable to make an adequate amount of money as a junior accountant in Aberdeen and so moved to Edinburgh.

The problem is that she can't sell the flat without taking a loss and she is having a lot of difficulty getting consent to let because of the HTB rules, so has no option but to continue paying the mortgage on an empty flat while renting in another city.

If she does get consent to let, there's no guarantee that she'll get enough rent to cover the mortgage plus insurance, service charges, agents' fees etc. Plus S24 will bite her on the bum and the stamp duty surcharge if she buys again before she sells. On top of this, she has fallen out with her family because she believes that the out undue pressure on her to buy the place.

I can't imagine she is the only one in a such a position but I just hope people like this don't and up being compensated for being mis-sold.

Oh man. That's student debt, rent, a mortgage on a dead property, soon to be HTB downpayment repayment, two council taxes. Credit cards, 2x cost of living, overdraughts, car lease/loans, bills up the wazoo.

Aren't accountants supposed to be boring and parsimonious? I wouldn't hire one who's mismanaged their own financial welfare. Is the state of higher education really this bad?