• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
I just thought I'd actually say 'hello', as I've been lurking on this gold thread since about October last year, and did indeed bite the golden bullet in November and bought some of the shiny stuff...(and have topped up a couple of times since - not that much, but then I'm not that rich..!?)...

Welcome aboard. B)

HOLA445

Ha ha.....It's about time though....I think the FED minutes released earlier gave everything a kick.....

Looks like it's tripped off all the new longs over 940. I'm glad I sat on my hands this time around. I might even go long again :o

HOLA446
HOLA447
Ha ha.....It's about time though....I think the FED minutes released earlier gave everything a kick.....

Looks like it's tripped off all the new longs over 940. I'm glad I sat on my hands this time around. I might even go long again :o

$1000 gold is sure to bring a massive amount of new investors to the table. Possibly the early stages of specualtive mania perhaps?

We'll see.

HOLA448
Evening all...

I just thought I'd actually say 'hello', as I've been lurking on this gold thread since about October last year, and did indeed bite the golden bullet in November and bought some of the shiny stuff...(and have topped up a couple of times since - not that much, but then I'm not that rich..!?)...

I try and read everything there is going on and around the subject, but I definitely am not even remotely an expert - I just sold my house last year and fancied finding somewhere to put some of the cash, and decided to put some in gold. I have found this thread to be brilliant...informative...sometimes funny...always interesting...

...so there you go...just another little guy with a little bit of gold, but I thought I might as well say hello - I was feeling a wee bit dirty spending hours just looking in... :lol:

I thought it was compulsory to start posting on this thread with a picture...

I was saving this one for $950, but $945 is close enough.

dr_bc_tristan2002.jpg

post-9430-1203542635_thumb.jpg

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Ah, I should've known - how about a picture for my second post - think I might upgrade my macbook..!?

gold_mac_1.jpg

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/10/22/de...-plate_macbook/

Oh, it's gold-plated - thought at first it was just a hazy photo, or something to do with the tired old Mac vs PC debate!

Edited by Last Avenue

HOLA4411

In out, In out, Short Long. you remind me of this video:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Sooner or later people (in general) are going to start heading gold's warning. There are huge problems with the world monetary systems and gold is the red flashing light, warning of an iminent melt-down.

Indeed. CTT is deliciously quiet on the subject I notice.

HOLA4415

I'm not going to look - but i'm going to guess its that bloke who went long the DOW last month?

Thankfully I'm old enough and ugly enough to run tight stops when trading against the trend. I've taken $200 profit from gold between $912 last month and today so must'nt grumble. ;)

Edit to add: I would not however recommend doing so to anyone else - You need some contrary thought in this thread now and again.

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA4416

we are allowed to short as well as go long. I have made more money from gold volatility then simply holding (though I was late as first trade was long at about 660. nothing like making the same money twice!)

HOLA4417

Please note: what we are seeing is not just a dollar problem, that is what they want you to believe, so you move money from USD to GBP to EUR to USD again. This keeps on the "grid" ie money in banks and in fiat currency.

Gold is climbing against every fiat currency on the planet. This is the RED FLASHING LIGHT if there ever was one.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
I just cashed in at 850 profit.

Just shorted April by £20 a point, stoploss of +20 points, auto close at -20 point.

Can see it going up, just not in a straight line.....and it's been up 20 points every day for the last 2 days.

Reminds me of betting on black at the roulette table without the free drinks and pretty waitresses.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
I just cashed in at 850 profit.

Just shorted April by £20 a point, stoploss of +20 points, auto close at -20 point.

Can see it going up, just not in a straight line.....and it's been up 20 points every day for the last 2 days.

Well, we have support now at 912 (from today), 917 and 922 (support/res over last month), and if it holds tomorrow 938 will turn into new support......your long trade looked to have paid off - I'd have been inclined to run it....

The only time I've gone short have been on failed breaks/strong resistance at new highs. Tomorrow might not stick but if it does it could take-off for a while.

Keep a close eye on what the Euro v USD and oil are doing for correlation.

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA4424

You all know that one day you'll all log in to your respective accounts and gold lease rates will put the cost of playing through the roof?

Or.......even make gold completely unavailabe.

I can see this happening within a relatively short space of time.............the oppertunity to buy gold will vanish.

I can also see CD gold issuers simply defaulting on their obligations to pay (which they have the perfect right to do if you read the prospectus in most of them).

..............given the speed that things are happening at now.........does any of this sound completely unrealistic?

HOLA4425