House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441
fortunately,being in the monarchy does have it's uses.

...we are a more free-trade economy than the US ever was.

if our nobility are planning on getting rich quick,at least they observe the queensbury rules for the most part.

you see,the nobility have had money for centuries....and really can't stand those pathetic social climbers like blair.They for the most part are quite happy with people making an honest living through trade,as long as they get a small cut to support them while you ply your trade on their land.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory; but I suspect it's true.

For all their harping on about a free society the americans are in many ways less free than us, non are more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
fortunately,being in the monarchy does have it's uses.

...we are a more free-trade economy than the US ever was.

if our nobility are planning on getting rich quick,at least they observe the queensbury rules for the most part.

you see,the nobility have had money for centuries....and really can't stand those pathetic social climbers like blair.They for the most part are quite happy with people making an honest living through trade,as long as they get a small cut to support them while you ply your trade on their land.

Give me a monarchy any day of the week. At least you know where you stand.

HOLA443
They have run out of gold to dump and are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

When everyone wants some they'll find out there is not nearly enough for even 0.1% of the populace.

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

They want to push it back below $700 but they can't.

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Physical Gold Bullion is drying up. Ebay was once a good source, but now there are only scraps left.

HOLA444
They have run out of gold to dump and are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

When everyone wants some they'll find out there is not nearly enough for even 0.1% of the populace.

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

They want to push it back below $700 but they can't.

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Hmm now this IS very interesting news indeed. A little dicky bird told me today as it happens that certain bullion dealers are currently not getting their orders fulfilled at the moment for the very same reasons from Baird & Co.

HOLA445
Physical Gold Bullion is drying up. Ebay was once a good source, but now there are only scraps left.

Yep I noticed that too Pluto-someone offloaded a sh1tload of krugers on there too and they were going for SILLY money buy it now and on bidding up! :o Should also point out that anyone attempting to buy bullion on ebay should be VERY careful who they deal with especially at the moment as there are several VERY good fake bars around-one chap had one listed on there but he was honest enough to say it was fake and only for messing around with-yeah right, more like covering his **** when someone else decides to rip someone off with one.

Another interesting ebay story-someone I know well bought a couple of 2.5 gram bars and the seller accidentally sent them 5 gram ones instead-HOW gutted will either the seller or the person who bought the 5g bars be :lol:

Edited by stonethecrows

HOLA446
Yep I noticed that too Pluto-someone offloaded a sh1tload of krugers on there too and they were going for SILLY money buy it now and on bidding up! :o Should also point out that anyone attempting to buy bullion on ebay should be VERY careful who they deal with especially at the moment as there are several VERY good fake bars around-one chap had one listed on there but he was honest enough to say it was fake and only for messing around with-yeah right, more like covering his **** when someone else decides to rip someone off with one.

Another interesting ebay story-someone I know well bought a couple of 2.5 gram bars and the seller accidentally sent them 5 gram ones instead-HOW gutted will either the seller or the person who bought the 5g bars be :lol:

I got screwed on Ebay twice three years ago. One for a gold mexican peso coin which never arrived. I also got sold a fake Panda. Be very careful with Ebay - especially Pandas.

HOLA447

Queues outside Northern Rock are making the news. That has to be bullish for gold.

The POG has fallen over the last few hours, I guess CBs are trying hard.

Imminent end of the London Gold Pool all over again/??

There is less and less on ebay and it seems to go at a substantial premium over the POG scrap silver coins are the same.

Things are moving.

HOLA448
Queues outside Northern Rock are making the news. That has to be bullish for gold.

The POG has fallen over the last few hours, I guess CBs are trying hard.

Imminent end of the London Gold Pool all over again/??

There is less and less on ebay and it seems to go at a substantial premium over the POG scrap silver coins are the same.

Things are moving.

yes silver has gone mad too! Altho I was quite lucky just a coupla days ago and managed to pick up 5 1oz buffalo bars for the princely sum of £28-mustnt grumble ;)

I noticed some fake silver pandas too pluto-some chinese dude was listing them and in the feedback there was a big hoohah from one or two people who were none too impressed to find their pandas were in fact copper!

HOLA449
This is actually quit worrying, gold bugs dream of £1000 oz but do you really think we will be allowed to keep it if it gets that high?.

IMO we wont. Gordon will want to replenish the vaults that he drained during the Brown bottom give away, and guess where the gold will come from.

Gold confiscation talk is nonsense IMO. I posted thi some time ago:

(1) If this happened and you owned gold, you could be so shocked you might get acute amnesia and you might forget where you hid your gold. Not good for those who want to get it.

(2) You don't store all your gold in one place or one country.

(3) If this happened, can you imagine what would happen to the international price of gold? A government would be utterly insane to do this, since it would be completely counterproductive. It's much better to keep quiet, and just buy the stuff in secret. Yes, the price would go up a lot, but not as suddenly and insanely as in the case of an announced gold confiscation.

(4) Gold went ballistic in 1980, and no one really cared.

(5) Gold in the 1930s had to be confiscated to give it a higher value (in USD). There is no need to do that when the price of it goes up. (So simple, that it sounds stupid to write it down.)

if we get a nice run we'll be at parity in a couple of years.....I'm hoping it's this one because my miners will go through the roof!!

I am planning to get into mines at some stage. What do you buy? Where/how dou you buy it?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Gold confiscation talk is nonsense IMO. I posted thi some time ago:

(3) If this happened, can you imagine what would happen to the international price of gold? A government would be utterly insane to do this, since it would be completely counterproductive. It's much better to keep quiet, and just buy the stuff in secret.

Their has been allot of secret Gold dealing going on as we know but black market gold? How much an Oz?.

I think what you said in no' 3 was interesting. the international price of gold would soar (would it?) and if so do you have enough to skip the free west and run to the southern hemisphere; Tunisia, Turkey, India China or even Iraq eventually and exchange the paper fiat around and into your account without Gordon detecting you?. It would be a good laugh though.

What would the BOE pay for your gold?. It probably wont happen, as you say.

HOLA4412
(4) Gold went ballistic in 1980, and no one really cared.

Good point, and one that negates cgnao's fantasies of some central anti-gold team trying to drive the price down.

As I've said before, the 1930s gold confiscations left mental scars, but that doesn't mean that those historical conditions will happen again, short of a total meltdown. In which case there will be other things to worry about...

HOLA4413
I am planning to get into mines at some stage. What do you buy? Where/how dou you buy it?

be very careful, goldfinger. many miners are exposed by ridiculous hedge positions they bought sometimes ages ago and which could bite them big time.

interesting to see the friday afternoon selloff in ny happening again. useful way to ramp your holdings if you have the balls.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Good point, and one that negates cgnao's fantasies of some central anti-gold team trying to drive the price down.

As I've said before, the 1930s gold confiscations left mental scars, but that doesn't mean that those historical conditions will happen again, short of a total meltdown. In which case there will be other things to worry about...

How can they confiscate gold when it has been officially demonitised by Nixon in 1971? They may as well confiscate cows, cars, houses, or tins of baked beans then.

I'm not saying they won't, but when they confiscated before Gold was legal tender.

HOLA4417
How can they confiscate gold when it has been officially demonitised by Nixon in 1971? They may as well confiscate cows, cars, houses, or tins of baked beans then.

I'm not saying they won't, but when they confiscated before Gold was legal tender.

If gold is remonitised at some future stage in a global banking crisis, as the only means of restoring confidence, one would assume that it would again be up for confiscation. Is it not true that when buying gold from any bullion dealer, one has to give name and address? Would you put it past a government to seize the data-bases of these bullion dealers? I wouldn't. Even if not confiscation of gold, a retrospective windfall profits tax would be very much on the cards, imho.

HOLA4418
If gold is remonitised at some future stage in a global banking crisis, as the only means of restoring confidence, one would assume that it would again be up for confiscation.

Exactly. I don't see the return to a gold standard as a likely scenario, but if things get bad enough that that is the solution, confiscation would certainly be a possibility.

HOLA4419

The Chinese, the people who invented paper money, announce gold/silver backed yuan in 2012?

The Fed has prepared children for confiscation: http://bosfed.org/education/pubs/wishes.htm - if it comes, 'colour' gets given to the elderly -> gold used to rebuild pensions / social security.

The UK has never confiscated gold, because we always had plenty. The Brown Bottom massively reduced our meagre reserves.

Not saying it will happen, but it cannot possibly be stated definitively that it will not.

Edited by LargelyIgnorant

HOLA4420

The gold cartel ppt does exist and it is their job to keep the prices down at all costs, there's plenty of investors with good reputations that have asked about the anti gold cartel. It makes sense to keep the price of gold down so nobody buys it,in order to keep the fait money going.

The Manipulation Of The Gold Market

http://www.gata.org/node/11

Clear evidence from Greenspan that central banks do intervene in

the gold market

Officially, the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury do not trade in the gold market.

Indeed, suppressing the free market price of gold contravenes US anti-trust legislation.

Publicly available evidence may suggest otherwise, however. A comment by Alan

Greenspan in his testimony to the House Banking Committee in July 1998 confirmed

both intervention and its aim of restraining strength in the gold price:

"…central banks stand ready to lease gold in increasing quantities should the price

rise".

He later elaborated on this comment in a letter to Senator Joseph Lieberman.

"This observation simply describes the limited capacity of private parties to influence

the gold market by restricting the supply of gold, given the observed willingness of

some foreign reserves – not the Federal Reserve – to lease gold in response to price

increases."

This appears to be clear evidence from Greenspan that central banks do intervene in

the gold market, even if he denies the involvement of the Federal Reserve.

Edited by BENEFIT SPONGER

HOLA4421
The gold cartel ppt does exist and it is their job to keep the prices down at all costs, there's plenty of investors with good reputations that have asked about the anti gold cartel. It makes sense to keep the price of gold down so nobody buys it,in order to keep the fait money going.

The Manipulation Of The Gold Market

http://www.gata.org/node/11

Clear evidence from Greenspan that central banks do intervene in

the gold market

Officially, the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury do not trade in the gold market.

Indeed, suppressing the free market price of gold contravenes US anti-trust legislation.

Publicly available evidence may suggest otherwise, however. A comment by Alan

Greenspan in his testimony to the House Banking Committee in July 1998 confirmed

both intervention and its aim of restraining strength in the gold price:

"…central banks stand ready to lease gold in increasing quantities should the price

rise".

He later elaborated on this comment in a letter to Senator Joseph Lieberman.

"This observation simply describes the limited capacity of private parties to influence

the gold market by restricting the supply of gold, given the observed willingness of

some foreign reserves – not the Federal Reserve – to lease gold in response to price

increases."

This appears to be clear evidence from Greenspan that central banks do intervene in

the gold market, even if he denies the involvement of the Federal Reserve.

that's fine,but when you look at the other side who are actually in control of the US government...ie the owners of the federal reserve....they are doing the opposite and buying up all the bullion,ready for the next global currency.

If a gold-backed global currency is the objective of the CFR...which includes the owners of the FED...the rockefellers,rothschilds and so on...then I'll take my chances on the CFR getting their way.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Please remember that India is the largest gold importer in the world.

It is this kind of physical demand that will soon break the gold cartel.

"The other major contributory factor for increase in gold demand is, after many years of a dip in popularity, the yellow metal is once again a favoured medium of investment."

Gold ramper, yes or no.

You decide.