Blair: Football Clubs Must Cut Ticket Prices

OnlyMe

HOLA441

What an odious little creep Blair is.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle1448260.ece

February 27, 2007

Blair: football clubs must cut ticket prices

David Byers

Tony Blair today called on Premiership football clubs to lower their ticket prices, claiming that the "ordinary fan" is being priced out of the market.

The Prime Minister took the rare step of getting involved in the issue after MPs protested in a Parliamentary motion that the prices were beyond the reach of many supporters.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Tony Blair today called on Premiership football clubs to lower their ticket prices, claiming that the "ordinary fan" is being priced out of the market.
Another thing the ordinary fan cannot afford is his own home. Perhaps Tony Blair might reflect on this while he is choosing wall paper for one of his properties in London or Bristol.

HOLA444

Bradford City are currently offering adult season tickets for 138 quid for next season if 10,000 pledge within the next 2 weeks. Sadly, only about 5000 have pledged and it's been advertised for a month already.

Sadly, I can't see it happening. We wil go into administration AGAIN, and the club will be finished. Looks like relegation to the old Div 4 too. I still sang proudly on Saturday.

Simple fact is people want to see the Chelskis, the Scumchesters and the mighty Liverpools, and there wil always be demand for tickets, so they aren't likely to reduce prices. This is not the case in the lower leagues however.

HOLA445

Isn't this the tw@t that used to run the country? He should be calling for a reduction in plastic surgery costs so he can discount a face-fix for that ghastly wife of his.

So just to recap: NHS falling apart, Iraq falling apart, uncontrolled immigration, lack of morality in all ranks of Nu-Labour, screwed up pensions and complete lack of faith in the government. Answer: redirect spotlight onto football! What a **** this idiot is.

HOLA446
What an odious little creep Blair is.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle1448260.ece

February 27, 2007

Blair: football clubs must cut ticket prices

David Byers

The Prime Minister took the rare step of getting involved in the issue after MPs protested in a Parliamentary motion that the prices were beyond the reach of many supporters.

Most middle class don't watch football, Tony the tw&t once again appealing to the ordinary man.

HOLA447

I'm surprised no one noticed this, from his monthly press conference today:

"Mr Blair doesn't answer the latter, but says his constituency used to have 30-40% male unemployment in places, but doesn't any longer.

The house prices in Fishburn you wouldn't have dreamed of 30, 40 years ago, and that's something a Labour government should be proud of."

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/media/story...2022397,00.html

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Don't blame us!

Well somebody is responsible, don't hold your breath for Blair, Brown or Prescott to own up to anything that is a result of their own policies.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=43028

DON'T BLAME US FOR HOUSE PRICE RISES, SAYS RENEW

Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list

09:40 - 27 February 2007

Regeneration agency Renew North Staffordshire has rejected claims its demolition schemes are keeping people on council house waiting lists longer and stopping first-time buyers getting on the property ladder.Renew director Hardial Bhogal has hit back after a report by Stoke-on-Trent City Council officers found the clearance of relatively cheap terraces was forcing up the city's average house price.

The report states: "Households who, historically, have been able to access home ownership at the bottom end of the market, which has been relatively low cost, are no longer able to do so. This is evidenced by increasing demand for council housing and an increase in the number of homeless presentations."

In the past five years, the average price of a terrace house in Stoke-on-Trent has risen by 165 per cent from £28,108 to £74,561, compared to a 16 per cent rise in wages.

Over the same period, the number of people waiting an average of two years for a new or replacement council house is up from 1,800 to 8,500.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Isn't this the tw@t that used to run the country? He should be calling for a reduction in plastic surgery costs so he can discount a face-fix for that ghastly wife of his.

So just to recap: NHS falling apart, Iraq falling apart, uncontrolled immigration, lack of morality in all ranks of Nu-Labour, screwed up pensions and complete lack of faith in the government. Answer: redirect spotlight onto football! What a **** this idiot is.

Not sure why people keeping slating TB for still being in Iraq. Fact is, the mainly Shia sector that the Brits have is all very quiet and everything is tickety-boo. Certaintly, nothing to write home about.

Edited by NoIdea

HOLA4413
Not sure why people keeping slating TB for still being in Iraq. Fact is, the mainly Shia sector that the Brits have is all very quiet and everything is tickety-boo. Certaintly, nothing to write home about.

I'm not sure about that:

"This is a rout, there should be no mistake. The fractious Shiite militias and tribes of Iraq's South have made it impossible for the British to stay. They already left Sadr-controlled Maysan province, as well as sleepy Muthanna. They moved the British consulate to the airport because they couldn't protect it in Basra. They are taking mortar and rocket fire at their bases every night. Raiding militia HQs has not resulted in any permanent change in the situation. Basra is dominated by 4 paramilitaries, who are fighting turf wars with one another and with the Iraqi government over oil smuggling rights.

Blair is not leaving Basra because the British mission has been accomplished. He is leaving because he has concluded that it cannot be, and that if he tries any further it will completely sink the Labor Party, perhaps for decades to come."

See: http://www.democratsdiary.co.uk/2007/02/br...-from-iraq.html

Peter.

HOLA4414
Bradford City are currently offering adult season tickets for 138 quid for next season if 10,000 pledge within the next 2 weeks. Sadly, only about 5000 have pledged and it's been advertised for a month already.

Sadly, I can't see it happening. We wil go into administration AGAIN, and the club will be finished. Looks like relegation to the old Div 4 too. I still sang proudly on Saturday.

Simple fact is people want to see the Chelskis, the Scumchesters and the mighty Liverpools, and there wil always be demand for tickets, so they aren't likely to reduce prices. This is not the case in the lower leagues however.

"mighty"? :blink:

that's not entirely true btw - Chelski often fail to sell out some of the less glamourous fixtures, but then again they've never been a tremendously well supported club. For the last fifteen years, season tickets at United have been like hen's teeth, a real "dead man's boots" situation. Since the Glazer takeover and the expansion of the ground though, they're having to aggressively market them...

again, the stats don't tell the truth. Go to Old Trafford for a less glamourous fixture and you will see a few hundred empty seats scattered hither and thither. Then the tannoy will announce another record capacity crowd... I'm guessing the private equity backers need re-assuring!

truth is, football in this country has rarely been a viable business, and is now particularly not, due to the high costs of running it. The new TV deal is merely an ONDigital for the Premiership.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
truth is, football in this country has rarely been a viable business, and is now particularly not, due to the high costs of running it. The new TV deal is merely an ONDigital for the Premiership.

It's nothing of the sort, the ONDigital deal was always a risk, a high price for a market where there was no data to prove it was viable, the new Permiership deal is for global TV rights to something which has a proven track record to get the punters watching, totaly different thing.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

As a Fulham fan who went through a similar nightmare you have my sympathy. I can well remember buying season tickets in May for the following season just so the club had enough cash flow to keep it solvent through the summer. I also spent several days painting the ground with the then manager and some of the players.

HOLA4420

TOTALLY AGREE

HOLA4421
As a Fulham fan who went through a similar nightmare you have my sympathy. I can well remember buying season tickets in May for the following season just so the club had enough cash flow to keep it solvent through the summer. I also spent several days painting the ground with the then manager and some of the players.

How about this - a lad I went to school with was on the streets with a bucket, collecting for Middlesbrough FC when they went bust in 1986.

Now he doesn't go very often, because he can't afford the prices. <_<

HOLA4422

Blackburn are at home against one of the top sides in the country for tonights live game on sky, plus its the FA Cup.

The amount of empty seats is amazing.

Is it the fact they are too expensive, or is it mearly a sign that people just dont have the spare cash any more....?

Bit like the car industry, when things are good, you get a new car and life goes on. But when things are a bit tight, you just keep on driving what you have.

Its game over Blair.

Edited by debtfree

HOLA4423

A tad O/T but does anyone remember the band our Prime Minister used to play in called "Ugly Rumours"

A band by the same name are set to hit the charts next week with a track called "War" ,interesting to see if Tony starts issuing writs.

Just can't keep the PM out of the limelight

HOLA4424
HOLA4425