House Price Crash Forum

Does Anyone Here Feel Sorry For The Sheeple

what

HOLA441

It looks as if the sheep could be in big trouble. They have listened to their friends,

they have listened to the VI´s, they have kept this madness going.

But with IR´s going up they could really suffer. Does anyone have any sympathy.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I feel really sorry for people who've recently bought and boast in the office that they've already made £10K

I feel sorry for overheard conversations of barry boys millionaire wannabes in the gym/bars constantly talking about flipping properties

I feel sorry for people voting Labour to buy into the illusion that their getting richer....

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

It depends what happens. Should the market bottom out completely and they are homeless, then a small modicum of sympathy may surface. If however we see further rises into 2007/08 (which I doubt) then they can go swivel. It's wasted energy to hate these people...they were given ill advice.

It's Blair/Brown we should focus our energy on. Get them out of govenment and get this country back on its feet again.

Either that or I'm emigrating and will have nothing to do with the whole sorry mess.

HOLA4410

I've seen it around here somewhere...hold on....hmmmm....I'm sure I had some earlier....

Nope, I seem to have run out of sympathy, sorry.

Fine - but by saying that, I feel you have forfeited your right to whine about the "unfairness" of it all <_<

HOLA4411

It looks as if the sheep could be in big trouble. They have listened to their friends,

they have listened to the VI´s, they have kept this madness going.

But with IR´s going up they could really suffer. Does anyone have any sympathy.

Yes for many of them I do feel sorry - the whole population has been fed this crap that "prices will rise for ever" "no more boom and bust" "get on the ladder whilst you can" we are all told every day what a great job Labour/Gordon are doing with the economy and the banks are falling overthemselves to lend money. As result many ordinary people with families (or even on their own) are just trying to find somewhere to live and have some security in their lives. Yes some may have made what may turn out to be expensive mistakes but what else were many of them supposed to do?

My sympathy runs out for anyone with a BTL though - they deserve every interest rise they get - greedy b**stards the lot of them - I cant wait for Gordon to tax the s**t out of them.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest X-QUORK

Fine - but by saying that, I feel you have forfeited your right to whine about the "unfairness" of it all <_<

Please direct me to any of my previous posts where I've whined about the unfairness of it all.

I'm waiting....

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Depends who the sheeple are.

In the event of a crash, you have to have a certain amount of sympathy for those who have become part of a train of events purely because they wanted to improve things for themselves or their family.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for speculators, MEWers, etc or even those who sold to rent in order to get back in again at a lower price, if the market doesn't drop. All of these people have, in some way, fuelled the speculative boom and have treated property as a cash cow.

HOLA4420

I feel sorry for the VI bullshitters who have the thankless task of posting here day in day out - people like Eurinal, etc.

How can one NOT feel sorry for them? What a horrible job. Especially when most of us have them on ignore...

Evidently - the last thread I started has (so far) attracted 88 replies... <_<

I've taken you off ignore, PG (CIUW), I actually find you very entertaining. And the way you can't post without making some reference to me is very touching :)

HOLA4421

Yes, I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for anybody who suffers. So should we all (don't mean to sound sanctimonious, but it's true).

Meanwhile, we can feel even more sorry for the people currently being scre*ed by the current market situation.

And I suspect they get less sympathy now than the media will give the sheeple when the crunch comes. (I remember Panarama doing a 'isn't it tough on these poor folk' piece in 1994, last crash - there'll be many more of those in the coming crash...)

HOLA4422
Guest buggles

As result many ordinary people with families (or even on their own) are just trying to find somewhere to live and have some security in their lives.

A somewhat dewy-eyed view imho. Only my gut feeling, but I reckon that the mad scramble now is fuelled mainly by greed and people stretching themselves to the max to have a punt. Having said that, one can't really generalise.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest barebear

People so called sheeple(dont like that phrase) take their lead from the government,who else are they supposed to believe? If this was shares,classic cars or even time share I wouldnt feel sorry for them.But the great majority have taken out big mortgages to put a roof over their heads and they are scared of being totally priced out forever.I dont blame them I blame the government for allowing BTL and the system that allows cheap mortgage rates and lax lending.

So yes I would feel sorry for them and its about time governments worldwide stopped financial institutions speculating about the basic neccessity of shelter.Imagine if it was your right to buy food that everyone was speculating about and people/sheeple had to take on ever increasing loans for the right to feed themselves,of course they would and there would probably be a food crash site.

Its sick the bloody lot of it,this boom could have been avoided and if there is a crash with thousands losing their homes and familys splitting up like last time,I hope we say never again and mean it this time.

HOLA4425