House Price Crash Forum

Doing Whatever It Takes

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

If you can't beat em join em.

Turn the flat into a day care nursery for toddlers.

Five kids @ £600pm = full time job £3k/month.

Flatwife pays some other childminder peanuts to look after the kids whilst Flatwife gets a normal day job and buys a better house with all the extra income.

In no time she'll be driving a silver 4x4 and expanding the business...

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Yeah, you can still make it in the UK.

As froogy quite rightly said - its never been easy.

It may sound basic - You need to find something people want and undercut the competion.

...and a bit of advice I got many years ago which has stood me in good stead: stick to what you know.

For example (if you've read my computer problems!) I certainly would'nt start an IT consulantcy :D:P:lol:

eBay has become a great leveler for business. I can sell stuff on eBay (and turn a profit) at levels a London store just cant match EVER! I dont pay one million pounds a year in rent for a lovely store in central london or employ armies of staff or pay rates at their levels. Their fixed costs are just massive.

People will always buy stuff. even in a recession, just not at the levels they used to.....and they will want it as cheap as possible.

As for working 9-5 well, IMHO that'll never make you wealthy....but someones gotta do it (just not me!) I dont mind risking a few quid if the figures stack up....maybe thats the difference, I dont mind risking my money (and time) for the potential return.

HOLA4410

you'll make more by selling soiled knickers.

alternatively, taking away the pervert from the equation, you could risk your life...an e.g being that you jump out of the way of a juggernaughts path just in time...then market your underwear as 'Near Death Pants'.

HOLA4411

I've got a killer idea that would probably make millions, but I don't know how to realise it myself and if I tell those that do they might just nick it. To patent something you need to have a functional protorype – you can't patent an idea, and it's not something that can be built. To make it I'd actually have to make it, if that makes any sense, and I haven't the knowledge or funds to do it.

Edited by Bingley Bloke

HOLA4412

If you can't beat em join em.

Turn the flat into a day care nursery for toddlers.

Five kids @ £600pm = full time job £3k/month.

Flatwife pays some other childminder peanuts to look after the kids whilst Flatwife gets a normal day job and buys a better house with all the extra income.

In no time she'll be driving a silver 4x4 and expanding the business...

You know you're right on the nail! I know someone who does this ...and has the 4x4 to boot. :P

HOLA4413

I've got a killer idea that would probably make millions, but I don't know how to realise it myself and if I tell those that do they might just nick it. To patent something you need to have a functional protorype – you can't patent an idea, and it's not something that can be built. To make it I'd actually have to make it, if that makes any sense, and I haven't the knowledge or funds to do it.

Give us a clue then. I work in electronics if thats any help (& am in Keighley too!)

HOLA4414