House Price Crash Forum

The new chairman of the BBC

HOLA441
20 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Right wing luvvies - only if you think Corbyn is a centrist!

It is the woke luvvie white middle class north and south west London elite who run it and work for it - and they don't vote Tory. 

Ah yes the same woke luvvies that superimposed a picture of Corbyn in front of Russian buildings on a red  backround.

The same woke luvvies that employed Andrew Neil, the renknowned mega-Tory.

The same woke luvvies that employ Laura K who unquestioningly spread false information from 'senior Tory source' that claimed a 'Labour activist' punched a Tory staffer. 

The same woke luvvies who literally have a policy to present the government's position unchallenged, even if a blatant lie, in case it 'undermines trust in the government.'

The BBC board is literally appointed by the government. Who have been packing it full of supporters... And you're telling me they don't vote Tory... 

Give me a break

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
4 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

#defundtheBBC

I actually got a survey from them (because of my iPlayer account) recently.  You can imagine that I wasn't exactly glowing about their service.

I won't be renewing my TV license when it expires in a few months.  Their news is annoying, crude propaganda and their programming output is just laced through with identity politics.  Unwatchable IMO.

Agree. I cancelled my licence last year. No broadcast TV since. Its very unfair that one must pay the BBC if you just want to watch ITV... It hits the poorest un our society the hardest.

HOLA443
12 minutes ago, dryrot said:

Agree. I cancelled my licence last year. No broadcast TV since. Its very unfair that one must pay the BBC if you just want to watch ITV... It hits the poorest un our society the hardest.

The BBC are pushing for the lic (their a***s) fee to become a full blown tax, from optional to compulsory.

They know millions aren't paying it now and millions more will stop.

what a bunch of ****s.

HOLA444
2 hours ago, dryrot said:

I'm impressed with your compassion for the poorest in our society.  The first time you have mentioned them in your last 6 months worth of majority Br*xit bleating posts.

I take it you are then outraged by the lack of support for the victims of Grenfell, UC sanction sufferers, and foodbank users?

....or are the poorest in society only there for your political benefit...

HOLA445
1 hour ago, msi said:

I'm impressed with your compassion for the poorest in our society.  The first time you have mentioned them in your last 6 months worth of majority Br*xit bleating posts.

I take it you are then outraged by the lack of support for the victims of Grenfell, UC sanction sufferers, and foodbank users?

....or are the poorest in society only there for your political benefit...

Calm down. Sorry the Brexit vote went against the rich London Remainers, but that's democracy!

"victims of Grenfell, UC sanction sufferers, and foodbank users?"

Please try and stay relevant - or I suppose tjhe Students Union is closed?

Grenfell victims have not been compensated?

UC claimants and foodbank users are the ones hit hardest by the BBC telly tax. 

Edited by dryrot
removed "pet"

HOLA446
HOLA447

The BBC is putting out the cheapest programs possible.  It is not Left or Right, but Establishment through and through.  I have a friend that had a House share with BBC employees.  Alan Sugar they weren’t. It all depended on who you knew.  If Daddy was Establishment, you would be okay.  Productivity didn’t matter, your breeding did.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
3 hours ago, dryrot said:

Calm down. Sorry the Brexit vote went against the rich London Remainers, but that's democracy!

"victims of Grenfell, UC sanction sufferers, and foodbank users?"

Please try and stay relevant - or I suppose tjhe Students Union is closed?

Grenfell victims have not been compensated?

UC claimants and foodbank users are the ones hit hardest by the BBC telly tax. 

Democracies sibling is Accountability - but delivering the promised results of Br*xit is beyond your drivel, eh? - Hint:  Look for a Big Red Bus.

As for staying relevant - if you wanted to 'protect the poorest' then pay your licence fee and push BoJo for a licence fee exemption for the low income and elderly - but that doesn't fit inside your Gammon world view does it?

The BBC has many many faults, but it has been a trusted source during COVID.  It takes genuine criticism and tries to reform - compare and contrast the the News of the World re-badging itself to the Sun on Sunday, or the Daily Mirror Hacking payoffs, or the limp-wristed apology from Daily Mail to Harry; need I go on?

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, jimmy2x3 said:

Anyone that thinks the bbc is right wing is plain and simple an idiot. A halfwit, A numpty, A buffon, A person of low awareness of the world around him. 

The BBC is establishment - I recall Labour acolytes under Kinnock complaining how 'reactionary pro Thatcher' the BBC was.

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, msi said:

As for staying relevant - if you wanted to 'protect the poorest' then pay your licence fee and push BoJo for a licence fee exemption for the low income and elderly - but that doesn't fit inside your Gammon world view does it?

The BBC has many many faults, but it has been a trusted source during COVID.  It takes genuine criticism and tries to reform - compare and contrast the the News of the World re-badging itself to the Sun on Sunday, or the Daily Mirror Hacking payoffs, or the limp-wristed apology from Daily Mail to Harry; need I go on?

(Bus drivel deleted)

If BoJo exempts poor/elderly does he raise taxes to fund it or cut public spending? Exempting them from the telly tax would be better - but that means a serious cut in BBC revenue - and so why not just make the BBC a subscription channel?

No-one is forced to buy the press you quote on pain of criminal prosecution.

HOLA4413
17 minutes ago, msi said:

Democracies sibling is Accountability - but delivering the promised results of Br*xit is beyond your drivel, eh? - Hint:  Look for a Big Red Bus.

How can poor people afford Tvs and electricity to power them? 

I smell a rat 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
5 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

There is little choice other than pay the licence fee.  I don’t trust it at all, my experience is only Boomers do, because it echoes their dimness.  The BBC is happiest when talking about itself.  It’s a dire “Company”.

Can you give me 3 examples of how 'dire' it is compared to its competitors?

HOLA4416
21 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

There is little choice other than pay the licence fee.  

Yes there is. Stop paying it. I cancelled mine after Christmas, there is plenty on youtube and net flicks to keep me entertained and BBC news has been unwatchable for the past year anyway. They're not going to change if everyone keeps handing over their £159  to them every year.

HOLA4417
32 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

There is little choice other than pay the licence fee.  

There are three choices:

1. Pay it and watch live TV

2. Don't Pay it and watch live TV

3. Don't Pay it and don't watch live TV

There is more choice that you think.

The sensible choice would be stop paying it.

HOLA4418
9 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Yes there is. Stop paying it. I cancelled mine after Christmas, there is plenty on youtube and net flicks to keep me entertained and BBC news has been unwatchable for the past year anyway. They're not going to change if everyone keeps handing over their £159  to them every year.

Care to elaborate on how it is 'unwatchable'? 

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

There are three choices:

1. Pay it and watch live TV

2. Don't Pay it and watch live TV

3. Don't Pay it and don't watch live TV

There is more choice that you think.

The sensible choice would be stop paying it.

Feel free to save the money and be influenced by others with a known and biased agenda.

....and before you complain about the BiAsEd BbC - feel free to provide examples.  The state of the Daily Mail Group and Fox News is well known and documented.

HOLA4420
12 hours ago, dryrot said:

No-one is forced to buy the press you quote on pain of criminal prosecution.

Yawn.  You don't buy the BBC - you contribute to the public service broadcaster with a separate Governance and editorial remit away from Government.  The same way you don't 'buy' NHS services. The same way you don't 'buy' the services of the Military. The same way you don't 'buy' the services of Schools.

Try to frame your argument using an ounce of sense rather than the standard right wing drivel.

I've had an affinity to be right wing (small c conservative) - and saw intelligent, pointed arguments being replaced with mindless soundbites - I despair, I really do.

HOLA4421

Are we going to have to lose the BBC before we realise what we had? It sickens me that HMG are meddling by appointment of the Director General and board, but even now the BBC is able to broadcast excellent programs which would not exist if they had to chase advertising revenue (or ratings). Is it any wonder that RT, Murdoch, China et al don’t want us to love our BBC? Of course they don’t! That’s all the more reason not to listen to their organised campaign to be rid of it.

PLEASE keep paying your licence fees.

HOLA4422
17 minutes ago, msi said:

Yawn.  You don't buy the BBC - you contribute to the public service broadcaster with a separate Governance and editorial remit away from Government.  The same way you don't 'buy' NHS services. The same way you don't 'buy' the services of the Military. The same way you don't 'buy' the services of Schools.

Try to frame your argument using an ounce of sense rather than the standard right wing drivel.

I've had an affinity to be right wing (small c conservative) - and saw intelligent, pointed arguments being replaced with mindless soundbites - I despair, I really do.

So "Eastenders", "Noels House Party" and "Strictly Come Dancing" are the equivalent of an NHS hospital provision? 

You know that taxes for the schools, military, NHS are progressive: and Income tax starts at 20% at £12kp.s. (IIRC). Earning less than 10K you dont pay for these vital services.

Your fabulous BBC licence fee, however, is a flat, regressive tax on the poorest in our society. Whos the savage right-winger here then? 

Drivel indeed.

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, msi said:

Can you give me 3 examples of how 'dire' it is compared to its competitors?

Specific examples: Woman’s Hour today - an awful woman saying how awful the lock down is to HER.

Weather men pretending they have personalities.

Personal Finance “reporters” that clearly know nothing.

All this rubbish about you the BBC - I will rejoice on their demise.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425